not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Some customers are just either bored or weird

25 Jun 2020, 13:43

What’s with the door slammers? The ones who wait till you post a letter, open the door, look out into the street at you then slam the door. I’ll never understand that.

25 Jun 2020, 21:37

Say thanks they wait till you post, usually I get the ones who open their doors in my face before knocking :arrrghhh

26 Jun 2020, 21:21

Deadly wrote:
1560loopsayear wrote:I'm sure some customer's think we only deliver to them... like a private service and the whole world revolves around their little house.

If you've done collections then you'll know that firms definitely think this. They seem offended when you won't wait five minutes (again) for them to get their arse in gear and seem genuinely surprised when you tell them you have a whole list of others places you need to get to.

This is so so true. I`ve had customers who send 2-3 yorks per day, suddenly have a dozen unexpectedly, and then cant understand why I cant take them all when they`re my 4th call on that run.

26 Jun 2020, 21:27

Had another looney come up to me other day, past a side rd another round next to me does, he asked if he had any mail, i said no idea i haven't done your road in 15 years (actually not far off) then i had to explain i can't do every road in this area and there had to be a cut off at some point. drove off in a huff :lol:

26 Jun 2020, 21:33

Janet Brum wrote:Say thanks they wait till you post, usually I get the ones who open their doors in my face before knocking :arrrghhh

The ones who open the door when you are posting the letters through.....they annoy me so much. As if I need help putting letters through a door....and then you come along and for some reason think pulling the door away from me is a good idea.

It's typically when you may have a lot of post for someone and have to post their letters through in 2 or 3 goes, instantly some people jump up, rush to the door as soon as you go for a second attempt thinking you are struggling or something.

26 Jun 2020, 21:40

glass joe wrote:Had another looney come up to me other day, past a side rd another round next to me does, he asked if he had any mail, i said no idea i haven't done your road in 15 years (actually not far off) then i had to explain i can't do every road in this area and there had to be a cut off at some point. drove off in a huff :lol:

I don't get the people that feel the need to ask if there is any post for them today when you are not coming to their house until you have done some other streets or come back round on the other side of the road.

Do you really need your junk mail now? do you really need to hassle me to search through my bag for your post because you can't wait a bit longer.

I just say to them 'I have no idea if I have post for you'. They look back surprised as if they didn't expect that response. They obviously expect me to say 'Kind Sir, Good morning to you, I will stop and check my bag for you. Oh yes, sir I do have some post for you, I will cross the road to give it to you. Here is your pizza hut leaflet'.

Why are people so desperate or excited to get mail each day.....99% of it is bills, leaflets, junk mail, bank statements.

26 Jun 2020, 21:49

SpacePhoenix wrote:
xPandabear1992x wrote:guy has one of them horrible letterboxes where you can't get anything through despite bending a letter to get leverage.

comes out the door. flags me down. "Alright mate, what's the problem?" awkward silence. Shows me a letter which is a bit bent and scuffed but not ripped or damaged in any way. Just looks like it's gone through a crap letterbox. What seems like 5 minutes later i get: "Don't bend my letters. It could be important."

So you stopped me in my round to make a nothing point?

Jesus.

Just start 739'ing them if they can't get through the letterbox without being bent. A few trips to the DO to collect them and hopefully it'll sink in that the letterbox is crap

I do get a sick pleasure from p739ing a letter

26 Jun 2020, 21:52

I hate the customers who complain that I pound loudly on the door as if I had a sledgehammer for a hand.

Resident: "Goodness, there's no need to knock that loudly."
Me: "YES THERE IS, YOU DEAF PRAT!"

27 Jun 2020, 09:43

norris9 wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:Had a parcel for a lady on furlough the other day (she`s always home), I scan, put the parcel on the step, knock, step back, she opens the door and shouts at me: I didn`t order anything, take it back.

I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.

I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.

I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing? :arrrghhh

what, this is nuts. tell a manager and maybe they will ask her to collect any post parcels from the depot from now on.

They may send her letter which you'll have to deliver, more than likely will need to be signed for

28 Jun 2020, 00:10

I was delivering as a reserve to a posh area I'd never been before and made a mistake putting 1A in 1 by mistake. The bloke came charging out waving the letter and basically saying I was an idiot and that if I wasnt so stupid maybe I could get a better job and afford to live in a house like his. I looked over to his house and said " I'm not thinking of downsizing anytime soon". I walked away smiling

28 Jun 2020, 05:54

norris9 wrote:
glass joe wrote:Had another looney come up to me other day, past a side rd another round next to me does, he asked if he had any mail, i said no idea i haven't done your road in 15 years (actually not far off) then i had to explain i can't do every road in this area and there had to be a cut off at some point. drove off in a huff :lol:

I don't get the people that feel the need to ask if there is any post for them today when you are not coming to their house until you have done some other streets or come back round on the other side of the road....

Why are people so desperate or excited to get mail each day.....99% of it is bills, leaflets, junk mail, bank statements.

In my experience it's usually people wanting to hide letters concerning debts, loans or overdrafts that they don't want their other half finding out about.

28 Jun 2020, 12:45

The ones that drive me nuts are the ones who wont answer the door for a packet / parcel but as soon as the P739 card hits the mat they yank open the door. I can only think they are scared in case iam a debt collector or something. Happens quite a lot though. :hmmmm

29 Jun 2020, 23:52

krussel wrote:The ones that drive me nuts are the ones who wont answer the door for a packet / parcel but as soon as the P739 card hits the mat they yank open the door. I can only think they are scared in case iam a debt collector or something. Happens quite a lot though. :hmmmm

If I’m in an area where you know they are worried about debt collectors so don’t answer, I knock once then put the mail partway through the door. Usually gets a response if there is someone inside.

01 Jul 2020, 18:09

..."the guy drove all the way from the village i deliver to to village to the sorting office..."
Stuttered, did you?

01 Jul 2020, 20:08

Not quite a customer but I keep seeing comments on Royal Mail posts on Facebook from old boys who used to do the job and also had some in person from ex postmen saying how we look scruffy, how when they did the job they wore shirt and tie, hat etc.

Don’t know why but it infuriates me. Yes I suppose we do look a bit of a ragtag bunch, some wearing red polo shirts, some wearing blue shirts, trainers etc but we aren’t in the 1970s anymore, we can’t fit our entire delivery in a bag heading out on a bike finishing our first delivery by 8am and home by 10am or whenever it was. We are out in the hottest part of the day some deliveries here take just short of 6 hours and can be 10 bags! Don’t know about the rest of you but after 12 miles of walking in baking heat I don’t care how I look. It’s all about comfort and trying to stay as cool (or as warm in winter) as possible.

If we were all done by 10am I’d wear a boiler suit if I had to!

02 Jul 2020, 16:23

HTPostman wrote:Not quite a customer but I keep seeing comments on Royal Mail posts on Facebook from old boys who used to do the job and also had some in person from ex postmen saying how we look scruffy, how when they did the job they wore shirt and tie, hat etc.

Don’t know why but it infuriates me. Yes I suppose we do look a bit of a ragtag bunch, some wearing red polo shirts, some wearing blue shirts, trainers etc but we aren’t in the 1970s anymore, we can’t fit our entire delivery in a bag heading out on a bike finishing our first delivery by 8am and home by 10am or whenever it was. We are out in the hottest part of the day some deliveries here take just short of 6 hours and can be 10 bags! Don’t know about the rest of you but after 12 miles of walking in baking heat I don’t care how I look. It’s all about comfort and trying to stay as cool (or as warm in winter) as possible.

Apart from the 'cushy pensions' and early finish everyday it was like a victorian workhouse, or so they say.

02 Jul 2020, 17:47

yubin282 wrote:
HTPostman wrote:Not quite a customer but I keep seeing comments on Royal Mail posts on Facebook from old boys who used to do the job and also had some in person from ex postmen saying how we look scruffy, how when they did the job they wore shirt and tie, hat etc.

Apart from the 'cushy pensions' and early finish everyday it was like a victorian workhouse, or so they say.

When 1 started in 1962 on Telegrams the wage for 16 year olds was £4 -16 - 0 a week for 48 Hrs , top rate of pay was not paid until you were 28

02 Jul 2020, 20:39

yubin282 wrote:it was like a Victorian workhouse

So not much different than today, right? :chuckle

Victorian Workhouse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

02 Jul 2020, 21:04

"Are we just getting our mail once a week now?"

Pretty much.

03 Jul 2020, 14:22

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
yubin282 wrote:it was like a Victorian workhouse

So not much different than today, right? :chuckle

Victorian Workhouse.jpg

a picture of blokes sitting around doing nothing - must be the managers office

Previous page Next page