not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 22:17

the problem is the customers (public) are getting such a shoddy service (thanks to the you know whats ) etc etc they just always take it out on us - THE WORKERS , we have no powers in this mess created and sadly the more of a rush we are in ( i for one dont RUN we are paid to WALK ) the more mistakes and sadly accidents will happen ! keep ya chin up and keep looking for a decent job where you get spoken to like a human and not a robot/pair of legs .

06 Mar 2011, 22:31

calpsy wrote:This old goat in some 3 up flats stopped me on the way down .

He shouts down at me that he doesnt want the piece of s**t leaftlets i just put through .

I tell him to through them in the bin but NO ......... He throws them down the stairs to my feet . :crazy:

EH ???? I told him they will stay there cos im not picking them up . He said well they will stay there .

Told him i would be here tomorrow and have a nice day . ( just gets em madder )

No leaflets on the floor next day . HA HA . idiot .

I had someone shout the same to me and throw the leaflets outside his door. I just gave him a look and walked off. He never had a go at me again. I'm not sure whether it was the look I gave him, or he'd phoned up to complain about the look I gave him and was told all about D2Ds by whoever answered the phone.

07 Mar 2011, 15:34

Going back a few years when i was on delivery,
i knocked on at this guys house, and in fairness, i've been told a few times i knock on like a copper, i guess that means quite loudly,
it was a saturday morning, i gave it half a minute or so and knocked on again,
i immediatley hear this "FOR F***S SAKE, U F***ING IDIOT, I'M COMING" (or something along those lines),
the door gets flung open and i'm greeted by this very aggressive guy who is a similar age to myself,
when i say he was aggressive, that lasted for about 0.5 of a second, as soon as he could wipe the sleep from his eyes,
he realised that i was 6' 2" about 14 stone and could easily tear him a new arsehole if i chose to,
he looked more than a little sheepish.

Some customers are just either bored or weird

23 Jun 2020, 09:49

I got this guy on my round who will keep driving around looking to see where i am. He doesn't get much mail either, Pretty sure he is retired, Just got back from 2 weeks off and didn't have anything for him yesterday, I was on my last loop, thinking good i haven't seen him today and was delivering down a side rd (so you would have to go out of your way to see me) yet with 20 minutes left he pulls up in his car and asks if i been down his road yet, he's so strange all he does is drive around in his car all day (or seems like it)

Another old lady on my round, as soon as i pass her house opposite she opens her front door and waits for me, (probably another 6 calls before i get to hers, she lives in a bungalow so she must sit by her window waiting for me (maybe she's lonely) when i get to hers she asks me to leave it at the bottom of her steps, then she struggles down the steps to get her mail (i say to her she doesn't have to open the door and wait for me but she can't help herself.

A month ago an old guy accused a postman of hoarding his mail, he said someone delivered 5 letters from the same company to his address, so the postman must be hoarding his mail, i said there was probably a printing error or admin from the sender but he said no its our fault and he said im going to put a complaint in, i said good luck with that.

23 Jun 2020, 11:32

guy has one of them horrible letterboxes where you can't get anything through despite bending a letter to get leverage.

comes out the door. flags me down. "Alright mate, what's the problem?" awkward silence. Shows me a letter which is a bit bent and scuffed but not ripped or damaged in any way. Just looks like it's gone through a crap letterbox. What seems like 5 minutes later i get: "Don't bend my letters. It could be important."

So you stopped me in my round to make a nothing point?

Jesus.

23 Jun 2020, 12:21

xPandabear1992x wrote:guy has one of them horrible letterboxes where you can't get anything through despite bending a letter to get leverage.

comes out the door. flags me down. "Alright mate, what's the problem?" awkward silence. Shows me a letter which is a bit bent and scuffed but not ripped or damaged in any way. Just looks like it's gone through a crap letterbox. What seems like 5 minutes later i get: "Don't bend my letters. It could be important."

So you stopped me in my round to make a nothing point?

Jesus.

Just start 739'ing them if they can't get through the letterbox without being bent. A few trips to the DO to collect them and hopefully it'll sink in that the letterbox is crap

23 Jun 2020, 13:19

If I have something that won't fit through a letterbox I knock on the door.
I thought everyone did that.

23 Jun 2020, 13:36

clashcityrocker wrote:If I have something that won't fit through a letterbox I knock on the door.

Oh your so "old school " Clash :thumbup

23 Jun 2020, 14:08

Street I deliver to on the rougher side of town gets their door to door allocation every Tuesday. Guaranteed that when I empty the post box at the end of that street on Wednesday morning,someone will have taken the time to walk from their house to aforementioned post box,& popped their leaflets in there. This has been going on for over 3yrs. Weird behaviour,just put them in the recycling bin like everyone else!!

23 Jun 2020, 16:38

I'm sure some customer's think we only deliver to them... like a private service and the whole world revolves around their little house. They don't allow themselves to think outside the box and out of many hundreds of delivery points we deliver to each week, the law of averages would dictate that a few 'human' errors are likely to happen. Until they get robots to deliver the mail.

23 Jun 2020, 20:54

Back when we were on park and loops I had a classic.

My van partner was the driver and had an oversized parcel for an address, he went ahead and attempted delivery, no answer so he P739s it.

I trundle up 20 minutes later with the letters. The guy is out sweeping his drive. I put his letters through, he goes to see what he’s got and sees the P739. Starts shouting saying I’ve just put that through. I explain it’s for a large parcel my colleague attempted to deliver 20 minutes ago.

Accuses me of lying and at one point even said I filled it out while I was on his drive. I tell him there’s no way I could’ve filled the P739 out, posted it and gone past him again in 20 seconds.

No matter what I said he wouldn’t believe me that my van partner had filled it. I even asked him what time does it say on the P739 (20mins ago) and what initials (not mine). There’s not many things that annoy me but being told I’m a liar is one of them.

Ridiculous thing is both our next loops start just over the road, if he’d have spoken to me decently rather than a piece of crap I’d have got his parcel for him.

23 Jun 2020, 20:59

clashcityrocker wrote:If I have something that won't fit through a letterbox I knock on the door.

Well within reason.

He had a reasonable sized letterbox. The letter in question actually went through the outside flap, the bristles, and through the main hole. What happened to it on the other side of the hole is not my business frankly.

I don't force stuff through if I suspect it wont fit. I knock in that case.

23 Jun 2020, 22:20

Mis-posts seem to be the most common complaint by far, unsurprisingly, but yes, the reactions I have had over people receiving a letter that isn't theirs have been ridiculous at times.

-had blokes come out their houses angry saying things like.....'Oi, I don't want this persons post!!!'

-seen letters posted into letter boxes with 'WRONG ADDRESS!!! DO BETTER NEXT TIME!!!'

Do these people think they could perfectly deliver hundreds of letters to hundreds of houses 5 days a week and not make this small error.....of course they would.

I never react like these people if a mis-post comes through my door, never did before I was a postman either.

23 Jun 2020, 22:27

post_bitch wrote:constantly plagued by missorts - and its me who gets all the grief for it

so fking fed up of this part time nonsense

First thing I do when I get in is check all the common missorts in the frame. It's the same ones every day, depending on who preps it. Castle Close in Castle street, Manor House in Manor Cottage etc.

I just go through them all before I do the redirections.

23 Jun 2020, 22:29

1560loopsayear wrote:I'm sure some customer's think we only deliver to them... like a private service and the whole world revolves around their little house.

If you've done collections then you'll know that firms definitely think this. They seem offended when you won't wait five minutes (again) for them to get their arse in gear and seem genuinely surprised when you tell them you have a whole list of others places you need to get to.

24 Jun 2020, 10:01

I had this on collection, customer says the parcels are upstairs, l looked at the stairs & asked if his insurance would cover me if I fell. He fetched them, next day they were downstairs

24 Jun 2020, 21:51

Had a parcel for a lady on furlough the other day (she`s always home), I scan, put the parcel on the step, knock, step back, she opens the door and shouts at me: I didn`t order anything, take it back.

I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.

I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.

I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing? :arrrghhh

24 Jun 2020, 22:25

Welcome to modern Britain :Applause apparently the UK (according to the TV when they have fund raising days) we are kind, generous, lovely people? Yeah bollox selfish, greedy and most of all arrogant is more like it :hmmmm

24 Jun 2020, 22:33

Janet Brum wrote:Had a parcel for a lady on furlough the other day (she`s always home), I scan, put the parcel on the step, knock, step back, she opens the door and shouts at me: I didn`t order anything, take it back.

I say: it has your address on it, can you please check, she grabs it, checks the address and name and keep shouting to take it back.

I said ok, put it back on the step and I`ll take it back, she calls me a bitch and slams the door still holding the parcel.

I don`t get it, is she nuts or still didn`t heard of cv-19 and distancing? :arrrghhh

what, this is nuts. tell a manager and maybe they will ask her to collect any post parcels from the depot from now on.

25 Jun 2020, 09:19

I did, nothing has been done.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3