not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

18 Nov 2018, 11:05

I keep getting turfed out on van shares with partners who refuse to take breaks and rush about worrying about bringing mail back incase the person on the duty the next day gives off stink.

What is the official rule on breaks on van shares? Do you have to agree on one together because thats impossible with headcases I'm on with lol

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

18 Nov 2018, 11:47

GoingPostal86 wrote:I keep getting turfed out on van shares with partners who refuse to take breaks and rush about worrying about bringing mail back incase the person on the duty the next day gives off stink.

What is the official rule on breaks on van shares? Do you have to agree on one together because thats impossible with headcases I'm on with lol

you can always take yours on your own and make the driver wait ( or deliver some oversized) you wont be very popular tho..

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

18 Nov 2018, 12:25

leolion855 wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:I keep getting turfed out on van shares with partners who refuse to take breaks and rush about worrying about bringing mail back incase the person on the duty the next day gives off stink.

you can always take yours on your own and make the driver wait ( or deliver some oversized) you wont be very popular tho..

I get on well with them, it's always good banter.

It's not a case of not liking who I work with or anything like that but they seem to be in this mindset of have to clear up or they'll get in trouble.

I get put out with full timers but I'm part time.

The duty we do is probably 12-14 miles. Can't understand why anyone wouldnt stop for a breather.

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

18 Nov 2018, 12:28

It's a really difficult situation and I don't see any solutions to these kind of problems in the near future. I think it boils down to a lot of walks either being too short or long for the duty hours given. There are so many variables such as faster or slower posties, talking or not talking to customers, huge variations in amounts of mail per DO and/or walks etc etc etc.
What could and should be done is fixing issues such as making sure breaks are taken, posties coming in early and doing work unpaid, RM not paying for overtime or all work completed, walks being delivered 'properly' etc. Both the union and RM are still utterly ineffective in fixing these issues and instead ponce around with ideas like the SWW which don't work and make the existing problems worse.

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

19 Nov 2018, 19:00

the rule is youre entitled to the break, if the other person doesnt want a break then they forfeit their input in when it should be taken.

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

08 Jan 2019, 18:21

Get a different job if you dont like hard work

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

13 Mar 2019, 21:45

Yeh go for CEO

ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

10 Nov 2019, 00:26

After my first week in the job:

THIEVE ALL THE RED BAGS YOU CAN. Keep them in your car and guard them with your life, they're vital tools for the job and will be nicked from under your nose while you're sorting your frame.

If you've got loads of parcels, just take the grey sack they come in out with you. Saves space in the van.

DON'T PANIC.

Find your union rep.

Get to know the customers on your round; they depend on you and (on my walk at least) they appreciate you.

Take plasters. Bled all over the mail on my first round, (fortunately it was Halloween) letterboxes can be sharp as f**k

Take a handful of dog treats. Throw one at a barking dog, they won't see you as much of a threat next time (big up Roger the pug at no. 57)

Just enjoy it. You'd miss the rain if it disappeared, you're being relatively well paid for the industry, and there's folk out there scraping other people's s**t off toilets for half your wage.

BE POSITIVE

Previous page Next page

Page 21 of 21   1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21