not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Cycle 2 work scheme

24 Jul 2017, 06:10

Clared wrote:Just been looking at the bike scheme myself....
Just been reading the black n white stuff. It says `At the end of the hire period, you maybe able to buy the bike at its `fair market value` or simply return the bike.
So are you basically paying dead money just to rent a bike ? Would be easier just to buy a bike out right.

Has anyone ever had to return the bike at the end of the Cycle to work scheme?

Cycle 2 work scheme

24 Jul 2017, 21:24

greengiant wrote:
Clared wrote:Just been looking at the bike scheme myself....
Just been reading the black n white stuff. It says `At the end of the hire period, you maybe able to buy the bike at its `fair market value` or simply return the bike.
So are you basically paying dead money just to rent a bike ? Would be easier just to buy a bike out right.

Has anyone ever had to return the bike at the end of the Cycle to work scheme?

I have had two bikes through the cycle to work scheme, and both i paid a final 'termination fee' ( or something along those lines ) which must have been around £20-£30.

It should tell you in your agreement what to do.

Cycle 2 work scheme

26 Jul 2017, 14:37

Following from my own post above I have enrolled on the cycle to work deal.
£300 = £3.71 a week for 18 months
It showed the workings out but before I looked it in more details my battery ran flat on my laptop & the information disappeared when I went back on, is there any other addition costs apart from the £3.71 that gets taken out of my wage

Cycle 2 work scheme

29 Jul 2017, 18:16

Clared wrote:Following from my own post above I have enrolled on the cycle to work deal.
£300 = £3.71 a week for 18 months
It showed the workings out but before I looked it in more details my battery ran flat on my laptop & the information disappeared when I went back on, is there any other addition costs apart from the £3.71 that gets taken out of my wage

No additional cost other than the end of term 'termination fee' or whatever it was called. It's a final price you pay to basically buy the bike. Can't remember how it is worked out, but should probably be around £15.

Additionally, it's a £300 voucher, so if the bike is £250, be sure to get £50 worth of equipment like helmet, lock, lights, mud guards, water bottle, you name it. If running over the £300 allocation, you can put your own money towards.

Cycle 2 work scheme

07 Aug 2017, 18:14

I've just had a £300 voucher and bought a bike from Halfords, ordered online and to make up to the £300 I got a bike lock and a cheap kiddies light (so the guys at Halfords upgraded me to adult bike front and bike lights) All I pay is the £3.71 per week.

Cycle 2 work scheme

25 Nov 2017, 21:00

My termination transfer fee thing at the end of mine was £1 both times I’ve used this scheme

Cycle 2 work scheme

14 Dec 2017, 19:41

I've read the whole way through this thread but I still have a few questions if anyone can help me out.

1. How long did it take for your letter of collection to be ready and with you? (I'm going to apply for the cycle plus voucher delivered by email.)

2. Did you have to provide a receipt or quote for the bike?

Cheers

Cycle 2 work scheme

08 Jan 2018, 21:30

Yeah
Last edited by Chelseablue on 29 Jan 2018, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Cycle 2 work scheme

22 Jan 2018, 17:10

Yeah
Last edited by Chelseablue on 29 Jan 2018, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Cycle 2 work scheme

22 Jan 2018, 19:29

Chelseablue wrote:Anyone help?

Unless the rules have changed the voucher cannot be changed once ordered, i'm sure you can phone/email them to confirm?

Cycle to work

06 Feb 2018, 17:43

Who does hr royal mail get in touch with regarding cancelling an agreement ? Its not youre manager in youre office ? Im awaiting a decision on this , keep being told by hr were awaiting someone from r mail to get back to us with a decision .anyone help ?

Re: Cycle 2 work scheme

06 Apr 2018, 18:00

POSTMAN wrote:
themolsshow wrote:Anyone know how i sign in on the website ? says i need employer code?

Username: rmguser
Password: rmgbenefit

this not working for me

Cycle 2 work scheme

05 May 2018, 08:58

its asking for 'employer code' on registration form.
anyone know what it is?
thanks.

Cycle 2 work scheme

06 May 2018, 09:13

SWIM wrote:its asking for 'employer code' on registration form.
anyone know what it is?
thanks.

This is likely the 'tax reference' code which can be found on your payslip in the top middle heading box. The code will look something like : 111/AB22222. Actually there is an employer code as well which the HMRC have asked me for in the past but it is almost identical to the tax reference code.

Cycle 2 work scheme

24 Aug 2018, 12:34

Can someone please clarify this scheme for me

As I see it if I want a £700 bike I save 29% over 18 months(approx £200) then if I want to keep it I have to pay £1 plus 21% (£148) of the original purchase price so I'm only really saving £50 over the 18 months

Thanks

Cycle 2 work scheme

28 Aug 2018, 22:49

The 21% bit is taken off your tax free allowance so you pay tax on that bit over the year,you won't even notice apart from your tax code changing slightly.

Cycle 2 work scheme

22 Sep 2018, 15:02

How do cancel this? I got my letter of collection on the 20th Sept but I applied around 3 - 4 weeks before this.

I have since bought a bike outright, can I cancel the cycle to work scheme? Heard you can and can't?

Cycle 2 work scheme

23 Dec 2018, 07:52

Hi all finally applied for a cycle plus voucher and it came through last week. I am sure that it said you got a 5 or 10% bonus but its not on the certificate. I called them and they said they never heard of it. Cannot apply again to see if I am right. Could someone have a look for me and if so pm me a screen dump of it

Many thanks

Cycle 2 work scheme

27 Dec 2018, 11:40

Regarding the final payment and transfer fee, my last payment was a couple of months ago and I haven't paid anything else or had any communication about it :hmmmm

Cycle 2 work scheme

02 Jan 2019, 14:12

Deadly wrote:Regarding the final payment and transfer fee, my last payment was a couple of months ago and I haven't paid anything else or had any communication about it :hmmmm

Same with me, over 6 months ago! Not heard a thing since then.

Previous page Next page

Page 36 of 37   1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37