not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

24 Sep 2020, 17:14

Torrential downpour this morning at which point it became apparent that instead of putting a roof on the delivery office, they had installed a giant colander. Maybe to save money?

24 Sep 2020, 20:29

I went too fast again today. Finished two hours early. And it was a busy day, too.

I maybe suffering from superheroism. :sad:

24 Sep 2020, 20:33

PostmanBitesDog wrote:I went too fast again today. Finished two hours early. And it was a busy day, too.

Making a rod for your own back.
PDA actuals will have you taking on an extra 100/200 delivery poinnts if you're not careful, just saying.

24 Sep 2020, 20:49

chocolatesaltyballs wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I went too fast again today. Finished two hours early. And it was a busy day, too.

PDA actuals will have you taking on an extra 100/200 delivery points if you're not careful, just saying.

No, the managers and I have an arrangement whereby I can do any potential overtime that's available and pay back the owed time from those previous early finishes. Our office is the best in the land. :wink:

25 Sep 2020, 15:57

Is "Charlie" your new van share partner?

25 Sep 2020, 20:51

PostmanBitesDog wrote:

PDA actuals will have you taking on an extra 100/200 delivery points if you're not careful, just saying.

No, the managers and I have an arrangement whereby I can do any potential overtime that's available and pay back the owed time from those previous early finishes. Our office is the best in the land. :wink:

Your managers manager wont see it that way.

26 Sep 2020, 19:59

Cucumber wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:

Your managers manager wont see it that way.

I'm pleased to say you don't know our managers. If your delivery office runs like a boot camp, then I pray for you. :pray

Good luck. :thumbup (Is that ricin in my tea? :nervous )

1KkT.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

26 Sep 2020, 21:13

:Applause :Applause :Applause

PDA actuals will have you taking on an extra 100/200 delivery poinnts if you're not careful, just saying.

26 Sep 2020, 21:18

Really noisy outside right now. Some bars up the street are rockin' and rollin' before they close at 10:00pm.

"Last call for alcohol!" :whistle

26 Sep 2020, 21:18

Afraid im in one of those bad offices s__t managers ,walks way to big ,backstabbing work associates,cut off again today as did about 10 others who have a backbone,im glad there are still some decent people in this world whose got my back it gives me hope for the human race.

26 Sep 2020, 23:31

I forgot to mention that it was cold enough to harden my pubes today.

Monday is expected to be mild with sunny intervals of lapsing and light letter volumes. A chance of scattered door-to-doors by midday followed by a heavy downpour of parcels.
:neutral:

26 Sep 2020, 23:36

PostmanBitesDog wrote:I forgot to mention that it was cold enough to harden my pubes today.

Monday is expected to be mild with sunny intervals of lapsing and light letter volumes. A chance of scattered door-to-doors by midday followed by a heavy downpour of parcels.

Don't forget it can be hairy out their with the wind and the rain wrap up keep warm and 2 meters apart.

27 Sep 2020, 19:27

k979aaa wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I forgot to mention that it was cold enough to harden my pubes today.
Don't forget, it can be hairy out there with the wind and the rain. Wrap up keep warm and 2 meters apart.

28 Sep 2020, 19:50

This was uploaded today, but it's not certain if the actual footage is recent or if it's dated (there's no timestamp in the clip). Anyway, keep a close eye on those vans, folks. Especially if you're not with a partner these days. :nervous

(Ignore the title of the clip. Anybody of any background can commit an illegal offense.)

28 Sep 2020, 22:09

PostmanBitesDog wrote:This was uploaded today, but it's not certain if the actual footage is recent or if it's dated (there's no timestamp in the clip). Anyway, keep a close eye on those vans, folks. Especially if you're not with a partner these days. :nervous

(Ignore the title of the clip. Anybody of any background can commit an illegal offense.)

Difficult to ignore the title of the video mate, it's pretty bloody offensive and you maybe want to think about deleting it :thumbup

28 Sep 2020, 22:15

sindba wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:This was uploaded today, but it's not certain if the actual footage is recent or if it's dated (there's no timestamp in the clip). Anyway, keep a close eye on those vans, folks. Especially if you're not with a partner these days. :nervous

Difficult to ignore the title of the video mate, it's pretty bloody offensive and you maybe want to think about deleting it :thumbup

Did you not read my postscript underneath the embedded clip?

And why did you copy and paste the same clip, "mate"?

29 Sep 2020, 17:24

Stupid PDAs today.

Collection routes couldn't be downloaded. A problem in all offices, apparently. :evil/mad

29 Sep 2020, 22:37

PostmanBitesDog wrote:Stupid PDAs today.

Collection routes couldn't be downloaded. A problem in all offices, apparently. :evil/mad

That happened in our DO today as well today so I guess it is a complete network event when it occurs. I put a fully charged battery in my PDA before I left for delivery but it fully depleted about halfway through my walk. Therefore I couldn't scan two of the boxes I empty on weekdays so they will fail. I wasn't going to go back afterwards to do them as I was about two hours over duty time after I had finished & typed a load of codes into the PDA back at the DO. We had HS2 letters for every delivery point on nearly every walk today.
No news still on why the workload for Mondays & Tuesdays have effectively been swapped over and no sign of it changing back. We haven't changed the duty hours over either so the work completed on Tuesdays doesn't match what we are paid. I guess it gives some staff at MCs a longer weekend off on a regular basis but it doesn't help the DOs.

01 Oct 2020, 11:13

A guy in my office did that and they ended up putting a row and a half onto his walk. It was his own fault but management did put miles too much on it. Even the runners said that walk is f***** now and even they can't do it on time now.

01 Oct 2020, 17:40

CPTNemoUK wrote:

A guy in my office did that and they ended up putting a row and a half onto his walk. It was his own fault but management did put miles too much on it. Even the runners said that walk is f***** now and even they can't do it on time now.

Work is picking up in our office now (especially the avalanche of door-to-doors that rumble in through the door), and I've been asked to take a loop off another postie's duty. So yes, I kinda figured this would happen to me, CPTNemoUK. :nervous

Previous page Next page

Page 619 of 622   1 ... 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622