not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

07 Sep 2020, 17:02

Loaded the van up today and noticed all vans in our DO were fitted with new tracking devices. Not had a wtl since October last year so no explanation given as per...

07 Sep 2020, 18:37

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:Billions and billions of door-to-doors sitting in our office ready for delivery next week. :sad:

More door-to-doors than letters. :shock:

Same up here.

Handed back an hours work today as there was 4 d2d’s and they insist they all are put into the frame on Monday’s now, looked like I was one of many. Madness.

08 Sep 2020, 22:30

Bluethursday wrote:Loaded the van up today and noticed all vans in our DO were fitted with new tracking devices. Not had a wtl since October last year so no explanation given as per...

It means you have to turn the engine off and remove the key from the ignition at EVERY delivery point. Also stuff like no breaking the speeding limit, no severe acceleration or braking etc.

09 Sep 2020, 16:42

Lovely day today. And the weather's going to be good in the next few days in this neck of the woods. :cool

I'm going outside to play again. Might as well enjoy what's left of the sunshine now that the days are getting shorter. Daylight savings time ends in less than two months, so might as well make the most of what's left of it. :whistle

09 Sep 2020, 16:53

Rubbish, keep getting bullied on here.

12 Sep 2020, 02:11

It was a long hard slog and just only started my delivery and got thru it only to see a turd in the office awaiting me and was still sat there eating cookies, It was as if I was in a surreal world where things are emitting form me at the time I did not know that It was an illusion and and the power of god had been unleashed for one and all. I decided in my wisdom to listen to a dose of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGW7JghZ3A8 It solved all my problems but Brexit will need far more than this!

12 Sep 2020, 20:02

Door-to-doors everywhere! As far as the eye can see! Yorks and yorks and yorks of door-to-doors. :shock:

Goddamnit, what is this world coming to? :cry

12 Sep 2020, 20:29

PostmanBitesDog wrote:Door-to-doors everywhere! As far as the eye can see! Yorks and yorks and yorks of door-to-doors. :shock:

Goddamnit, what is this world coming to? :cry

The house of YORK

15 Sep 2020, 19:06

25 to 30 degrees.
Still no sign of the blessed water bottles.

17 Sep 2020, 19:21

Got moved off frame yesterday to be faced with 2 days of mail today plus a full crate of parcels.

6 hours to deliver the lot. Knackered.

Only put down 1 hr of OT as per manager, ended up being 2.5hrs over time.

17 Sep 2020, 19:35

IanRob24 wrote:......

Only put down 1 hr of OT as per manager, ended up being 2.5hrs over time.

Sorry, WTF! Was this what was agreed beforehand? - if so then that's what I would have done and that's it.

Get your rep onto this, they're effectively witholding wages which I'm sure is illegal.

19 Sep 2020, 21:04

clashcityrocker wrote:25 to 30 degrees.
Still no sign of the blessed water bottles.

Hot water bottles will be with you in a week or two.

20 Sep 2020, 11:09

Celgar wrote:
Bluethursday wrote:Loaded the van up today and noticed all vans in our DO were fitted with new tracking devices. Not had a wtl since October last year so no explanation given as per...

It means you have to turn the engine off and remove the key from the ignition at EVERY delivery point. Also stuff like no breaking the speeding limit, no severe acceleration or braking etc.

80+ times on a rural and the battery, starter motor and the actual key itself won't last very long. I turn my engine off even if I don't have to get out van and can deliver through open window, coz that's what I've been told. I don't pay for repairs so I'm not fussed.

20 Sep 2020, 21:48

Drug deals on some of the dodgy streets I deliver really get on my tits. :thumbdown

But these two bears making a drug deal is a whole new level of wrong! :evil/mad

Bears.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

21 Sep 2020, 18:20

Perfect day today. Everything delivered without any issues. And the weather was A-Okay. :Very Happy I might even do a little dance on this 21st night of September. :wink: :nana

♪ "Do you remember the 21st night of September? ♫
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
♪ While chasing the clouds away..." ♫

21 Sep 2020, 18:35

A bottle of Bulgarian Shiraz for tea improved my day enormously.

22 Sep 2020, 08:54

I found out that even when you think RM/My DOM couldn't stoop any lower somehow he finds his way there. RM really does employ the worst of the worst. The most disgusting, amoral, sociopaths.

22 Sep 2020, 18:13

Another stunningly brilliant performance by me today. :Applause

No issues delivering, all D2Ds for this week done, and back to the office an hour early.

But I'm getting paranoid. :cry The other posties are quietly muttering jealous remarks. I might have to hide my cup of coffee in the mornings otherwise someone's bound to slip some ricin or Novichok into it. :cuppa :shock:

Anyway, rain is expected tomorrow. :neutral:

22 Sep 2020, 18:27

Ren Hoëk wrote:I found out that even when you think RM/My DOM couldn't stoop any lower somehow he finds his way there. RM really does employ the worst of the worst. The most disgusting, amoral, sociopaths.

This is where a bottle of Bulgarian Shiraz for breakfast can help.

23 Sep 2020, 09:51

clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:I found out that even when you think RM/My DOM couldn't stoop any lower somehow he finds his way there. RM really does employ the worst of the worst. The most disgusting, amoral, sociopaths.

This is where a bottle of Bulgarian Shiraz for breakfast can help.

It is tempting. The bottle could come in handy as well...

Previous page Next page

Page 618 of 622   1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622