not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

20 Aug 2020, 20:12

twoloops wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote: I make a note of the tracking number (I write it on a spare P739 card, and I use a Sharpie or other similar felt marker pen just in case it's pouring down - a normal Biro can be useless in wet weather). Then when I'm back in the office I sort out the matter there.

No way, you must have the softest walk in England, or you live on your own :hmmmm

Generally my PDA works fine. It's just those odd days when it plays up; bad weather being an example of those odd days.

I always recall the two-word motto I learned when I was a Boy Scout: "Be prepared." :Very Happy

20 Aug 2020, 22:10

My pedometer reckons I cleared 15 miles today! Heavy as f**k! I think I went to pretty much every house. Still managed to squeeze some lapsing out of us as well. My legs feel like they are going to fall off and some c*** in a some office somewhere will probably say I could have worked harder!!

23 Aug 2020, 22:51

AAARRGGHH! BRAIN FREEZE! :shock: I just wolfed down some cold ice cream. :cry

So much for how my day went. :thumbdown

24 Aug 2020, 18:45

Brutal day. Wore my new prescription RM trainers. My feet are ruined. Had to swap them out half way. Who tests these shoes. Certainly not a postie. Put with someone slow. Had to wait for 15 minutes twice on two loops. Long painful day.

24 Aug 2020, 19:11

Jahpostie wrote:Brutal day. Wore my new prescription RM trainers. My feet are ruined. Had to swap them out half way. Who tests these shoes. Certainly not a postie. Put with someone slow. Had to wait for 15 minutes twice on two loops. Long painful day.

I did the same the other week. Thought I would test the new shoes out. Managed about 2 loops before I had to change them. Heavy, Cumbersome and not appropriate for the hiking we do.

24 Aug 2020, 22:31

Ren Hoëk wrote:
Jahpostie wrote:Brutal day. Wore my new prescription RM trainers. My feet are ruined. Had to swap them out half way. Who tests these shoes. Certainly not a postie. Put with someone slow. Had to wait for 15 minutes twice on two loops. Long painful day.

I did the same the other week. Thought I would test the new shoes out. Managed about 2 loops before I had to change them. Heavy, Cumbersome and not appropriate for the hiking we do.

Bang on.

I'll wear the RM shoes in the depot and change in the van until the latest obsession dies down, then back to normal. Non RM "Trainers" are the only appropriate footwear for outdoor work in my experience.

25 Aug 2020, 16:37

Rather wet and windy... Again. :Boo hoo! :evil/mad :so there

29 Aug 2020, 02:22

Dull and Grey but hay I am alive and will survive today and tomorrow is just another day and we can see the light at the end of the night follows day with tomorrow is another day a better day. For at the end of the day we have hope!

01 Sep 2020, 23:55

k979aaa wrote:For at the end of the day we have hope!

For some of us, at the end of the day we have lapsing. :cry

02 Sep 2020, 18:02

Compare and contrast the workload yesterday and today. :cry

02 Sep 2020, 18:41

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Compare and contrast the workload yesterday and today. :cry

Yesterday booked 1.5 hours, finish time 2pm actual 3.10, today finished 40 mins early, day off tomorrow, I think I have dodged bullet as tomorrow will be very heavy.

03 Sep 2020, 16:41

dohnut wrote: I think I have dodged bullet as tomorrow will be very heavy.

You did, shocking today, then we were today no leaving loops, to take all mail out, clear the tracked & bring the rest back? What's the point of that for it to be chucked back in tomorrow? :arrrghhh Brought back 5 loops of mail.

03 Sep 2020, 16:58

very very heavy on flats today. Small packets too. 4.5 trays of mail on delivery on rural round. On average day take out 2.5 trays.

1.5 hours over finish time and didn't bring it back because It was a sunny day so didn't mind

03 Sep 2020, 17:23

Looks like a lot of peeps did the lapsing we should never have been given today and we all brought plenty back off our own duties! No heroics tomorrow, with shorter hours on Friday there's no hope of catching up without paid overtime... If you want it and if they will pay it.

05 Sep 2020, 17:08

Billions and billions of door-to-doors sitting in our office ready for delivery next week. :sad:

More door-to-doors than letters. :shock:

05 Sep 2020, 18:10

PostmanBitesDog wrote:Billions and billions of door-to-doors sitting in our office ready for delivery next week. :sad:

More door-to-doors than letters. :shock:

Same up here.

05 Sep 2020, 19:23

This company is a shambles, mon far to quiet, tue to short a day to complete so either leave or book ot, wed, thurs, frid, sat same again, today I booked over an hour and left 2 bags, we need revision in our office as the duty's are ridiculously uneven, some people finish 1 hour early everyday, mainly full time, while others have to either leave or book ot, managers dont seem to care, more bothered about you missing 1 tracked scan out of 100s, and get this Coaching you on it, I think they want to make the job as hard as possible for the postmen so they will leave.

06 Sep 2020, 13:11

Uploaded September 1st:
"I made this video for one reason. I'm having to postpone surgery right now because Royal Mail will not deliver my medical notices, vouchers, and supplies. If I happen to die while waiting for the new surgery, my blood is on the hands of this gutless Royal Mail worker and the system itself."

No disrespect to the YouTuber regarding his medical condition, but how do we know that he or his neighbor cleared away any obstructions in that pathway and stairway just for the sake of this video? And the other courier companies? Do we take this YouTuber's word for it?

06 Sep 2020, 13:57

PostmanBitesDog wrote:Uploaded September 1st:
"I made this video for one reason. I'm having to postpone surgery right now because Royal Mail will not deliver my medical notices, vouchers, and supplies. If I happen to die while waiting for the new surgery, my blood is on the hands of this gutless Royal Mail worker and the system itself."

No disrespect to the YouTuber regarding his medical condition, but how do we know that he or his neighbor cleared away any obstructions in that pathway and stairway just for the sake of this video? And the other courier companies? Do we take this YouTuber's word for it?

Fit a Box at the Bottom of the Stairs

06 Sep 2020, 16:10

wallan wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:Uploaded September 1st:

Fit a Box at the Bottom of the Stairs

Yep, a big sized one if he's expecting packages like medical supplies and the like. Anyway, in situations like this I always take photos to show the line manager. I'm wondering if the postie delivering to this guy's address did the same. It'll be interesting to see if the access to this guy's mail slot at the top of the stairs was initially blocked by tools, rubble, a dumpster... you know, the usual mess we posties find at or near a construction/renovation site. :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 617 of 622   1 ... 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620 ... 622