not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

06 Jul 2020, 17:39

SpacePhoenix wrote:If you don't take your break and you have an accident as a result of fatigue you'll be up for a blameworthy and unless it's in writing the DOM will simply deny giving you permission to take your break at the end of the shift. You'd potentially be up for a conduct code charge and in the current environment you'd probably be sacked

What is the typical process that happens when someone has an van crash/accident. I know accidents are fairly common in our depot and I hear about them and see people that drive get taken off driving and put on walking rounds.

Could anyone go through the process for me, just wondered what happens after you come back to the depot and face the line managers / DOM, cheers...

12 Jul 2020, 16:00

Judging by the collective stupidity of Royal Mail managers, it wouldn't be surprising to see this sign on display in a Royal Mail delivery office:

M.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

13 Jul 2020, 13:16

Two hours first letter to last letter.
Passed one of my colleagues who had finished at 10.20.

13 Jul 2020, 15:07

Just another regular day with 2-3 days worth of mail today. Can't remember the last light day we had.

13 Jul 2020, 18:16

How is it possible to finish a duty in 2 hours at moment, some office must have it easy, yes mail was very light but I still had 2 small skips of packets. Finished 30 min early.

13 Jul 2020, 18:23

dohnut wrote:How is it possible to finish a duty in 2 hours at moment, some office must have it easy, yes mail was very light but I still had 2 small skips of packets. Finished 30 min early.

HCT duty - 11 bundles of mail (although I brought one back because it was for businesses that haven't reopened) and about 12 packets (1 739)

13 Jul 2020, 18:43

Double lapsing put on today, ended up going half hour over because of it :sad:

14 Jul 2020, 07:53

Average week so far, plenty parcels, not many letters, lots of lapsing and plenty OT available.

14 Jul 2020, 20:37

Was dead at ours yesterday. Went out with a yorkie full of parcels and letters. Finished an hour early. For context, the only reason the yorkie was full was because I had 2 or 3 over-oversized that seemed to be large bags of packing peanuts. They couldn't be anything else. They weighed less together than a pouch on a wednesday. Had 10 or so reasonable parcels and probably about 40 letters a loop for 6 loops.

Today was almost as quiet, but with a little more mail and a few more parcels. Half an hour early finish.

First week after annual leave so need the overtime but there hasn't been any because everything's gone.

Handy.

14 Jul 2020, 21:14

Quite honestly if people are finishing 2 hrs early then surely the round is too small .
My postman was done at 11-30 today ,reckon he did 4.5 hrs work , I was finished at 1-30 so worked 2 hrs longer .
Pretty unfair I'd say

15 Jul 2020, 08:45

elteleltel wrote:Quite honestly if people are finishing 2 hrs early then surely the round is too small .

Here is the crux of the matter.
You could add another 2 hours of work - but that would possibly lead to an unsustainable duty span.
It would also lead to a significant number of job losses.

Alternatively you remove the indoor hours so those that are left do more indoors and can't leave the office too early.
Still significant job losses but a more human and achievable long term delivery span.

People finishing early isn't necessarily a sign that the duty is too small.
It is indicative of a surplus of indoor hours.

15 Jul 2020, 12:05

2hrs is a long time , our boss is full of " work your hours" I take my 20 mins break on del and have been taking mail back some days as it's tight for time however if I was done 2 hrs early most days I'd be feeling very lucky

15 Jul 2020, 15:05

Kudos to those with duties doable in 2hrs on quiet days. I didn't think that would be possible these days. The 'best' we could get on a quiet day would be around the 3.5hr mark.

16 Jul 2020, 01:44

it's been light for the past 1.5 weeks.

I guess people going back to work has stopped a lot of the online shopping.

16 Jul 2020, 07:32

Mail is very light, large and small packets still massively above the normal at our place.

16 Jul 2020, 22:03

Two big days worth of mail to deliver via HCT today. Felt much better about it when returning to refill the trolley to see one lad knocking off at 1 pm whilst I was looking at another 2 hrs +.

18 Jul 2020, 20:12

Miserable weather again today. It's been cloudy and drizzly for days now. And it's the middle of summer, too. Perfect coronavirus weather. :sad:

19 Jul 2020, 09:54

norris9 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:If you don't take your break and you have an accident as a result of fatigue you'll be up for a blameworthy and unless it's in writing the DOM will simply deny giving you permission to take your break at the end of the shift. You'd potentially be up for a conduct code charge and in the current environment you'd probably be sacked

What is the typical process that happens when someone has an van crash/accident. I know accidents are fairly common in our depot and I hear about them and see people that drive get taken off driving and put on walking rounds.

Could anyone go through the process for me, just wondered what happens after you come back to the depot and face the line managers / DOM, cheers...

If you have a non-blameworthy RTC such as another driver backing into your van when it is parked up ( I have recently had one of these.) then you will not be taken off driving duties.
If you have a blameworthy RTC you will routinely be taken off driving duties until the accident has been investigated.
If you have three blameworthy RTCs within, I think its three years, you can be removed from driving for two years.
If you have a blameworthy RTC you get booked in for the driving test.

19 Jul 2020, 17:34

Celgar wrote:....If you have a blameworthy RTC you will routinely be taken off driving duties until the accident has been investigated.

If you have a blameworthy RTC you get booked in for the driving test.

LOL - depends if the manager has anyone available to cover your round who can drive and knows it ......

20 Jul 2020, 19:06

This is getting silly now.

What's causing hese stupidly light Mondays? Anyone know?

One person easily fitted the mail for their WHOLE DUTY in......two bundles.

Previous page Next page

Page 612 of 616   1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616