not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



The "How was your day" thread.

28 Jun 2020, 07:03

rambo1 wrote: If you start 2hr later then you should finish 2hr later. Simple. And you wonder why your colleagues are pissed with you?


You say that, but i start 2hrs early and finish 2 hrs early ( to help with our van situation) But the area manager keeps giving my Dom grieve over it because the 'system' thinks im finishing early and taking hours out of the office.

They REALLY need to start and take starting times into the equation as well for the 'system' to work properly.

The "How was your day" thread.

28 Jun 2020, 14:49

PostmanBitesDog wrote:What's this YouTuber up to? :hmmmm



(Uploaded an hour ago.)


They like to go round to Police Stations, entrances to MOD facilities etc. filming the buildings from the public highway.
Unfortunately most of the plods, security staff etc try to stop them from filming, ask them for personal details, say we're going
to call the police to stop you etc, whereas they are mostly legally able to film private property from the public highway without
hindrance. They just want to provoke exactly that reaction to get a video. You're best off ignoring them.

The "How was your day" thread.

28 Jun 2020, 15:10

2yearpostie wrote:
rambo1 wrote: If you start 2hr later then you should finish 2hr later. Simple. And you wonder why your colleagues are pissed with you?


You say that, but i start 2hrs early and finish 2 hrs early ( to help with our van situation) But the area manager keeps giving my Dom grieve over it because the 'system' thinks im finishing early and taking hours out of the office.

They REALLY need to start and take starting times into the equation as well for the 'system' to work properly.

Well then your Dom needs to have the balls to stand up and explain to their manager why you finish 2 hrs early.

The "How was your day" thread.

28 Jun 2020, 15:13

rambo1 wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
rambo1 wrote: If you start 2hr later then you should finish 2hr later. Simple. And you wonder why your colleagues are pissed with you?


You say that, but i start 2hrs early and finish 2 hrs early ( to help with our van situation) But the area manager keeps giving my Dom grieve over it because the 'system' thinks im finishing early and taking hours out of the office.

They REALLY need to start and take starting times into the equation as well for the 'system' to work properly.

Well then your Dom needs to have the balls to stand up and explain to their manager why you finish 2 hrs early.


I think he does but the system is so regimented it still makes the figures look bad and causes an effect to office budget, This company really need to modernise.

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 14:59

rambo1 wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:I also don't take my break and add it to the end of shift as to reduce indoor time in the office and it helps me get home just a tad bit earlier.

Been taking all of your break at the end?


Yup.

Well, that's against the rules for a start. Why don't you take your break on delivery like your meant to? You can't use the 'to have as least time in the office as possible' excuse for that. Nobody should be getting away with finishing before their time, no matter when they start. If you start 2hr later then you should finish 2hr later. Simple. And you wonder why your colleagues are pissed with you?


Iv been doing it since the beginning of all this. My DOM seems fine with it and I don't see what harm it is doing to anyone. As far as I'm concerned the DOM asked people to come in later to help separate us all and I was the only person to take him up on it so if taking my breaks helps me finish up early than I will do that. That is no one else's business other than between me and my boss.

As for finishing early I do agree but there is nothing more for me to be doing when I get back. Every one else is finishing early as is anyway. Id happily do there D2Ds for them but thats not what it's about. They don't want to do their lapsing and so want me to take there walking from them. Which Im not happy with. Il lapse their indoor sort in D2Ds for them if they arnt happy with me finishing early. Again though, It is none of their business nor their place to be giving me grief. That's just bullying. They should be taking it up with the boss. Not giving me s**t.

Like I said, These people are happy to finish early themselves and have each taken years in sick and light duties but when someone else want's some leniency to help them social distance they are up in arms. I have been nothing but supportive of them in the past but they are seemingly hypocrites when it comes to others.

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 16:10

Ren Hoëk wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:I also don't take my break and add it to the end of shift as to reduce indoor time in the office and it helps me get home just a tad bit earlier.

Been taking all of your break at the end?


Yup.

Well, that's against the rules for a start. Why don't you take your break on delivery like your meant to? You can't use the 'to have as least time in the office as possible' excuse for that. Nobody should be getting away with finishing before their time, no matter when they start. If you start 2hr later then you should finish 2hr later. Simple. And you wonder why your colleagues are pissed with you?


Iv been doing it since the beginning of all this. My DOM seems fine with it and I don't see what harm it is doing to anyone. As far as I'm concerned the DOM asked people to come in later to help separate us all and I was the only person to take him up on it so if taking my breaks helps me finish up early than I will do that. That is no one else's business other than between me and my boss.

It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 17:29

It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 18:21

Driving staff now getting actively mocked in our place by the non driving staff. Really motivating.

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 18:21

Ren Hoëk wrote:
It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

Because it is a bit like deciding you won't wear your seat belt.
It isn't your choice. It is the law.
Which other laws are voluntary?

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Jun 2020, 19:34

clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

Because it is a bit like deciding you won't wear your seat belt.
It isn't your choice. It is the law.
Which other laws are voluntary?


Wrong - it's not the law.

It's the law that the employer can't tell you to take it at the end. If it's your choice to do so and the employer allows it, it's no issue. The same exact reason that you don't actually have to sign the opt out form for 48 hours - that merely allows an employer to schedule you for 48 hours, you can still choose to do over 48 hours whether you've signed the form or not.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 00:21

clockworkjerk wrote:It's the law that the employer can't tell you to take it at the end. If it's your choice to do so and the employer allows it, it's no issue.


WRONG!

From: https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/taking-breaks

Taking breaks

Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as:

the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)
workers are allowed to spend it away from their desk or workstation (ie away from where they actually work)

It doesn’t count as a rest break if an employer says an employee should go back to work before their break is finished.

Unless a worker’s employment contract says so, they don’t have the right to:

take smoking breaks
get paid for rest breaks


Don't think the taking all breaks at the end of a shift argument would wash with the HSE

clockworkjerk wrote:The same exact reason that you don't actually have to sign the opt out form for 48 hours - that merely allows an employer to schedule you for 48 hours, you can still choose to do over 48 hours whether you've signed the form or not.


WRONG!

From The Working Time Regulations

Agreement to exclude the maximum
5.—(1) The limit specified in regulation 4(1) shall not apply in relation to a worker who hasagreed with his employer in writing that it should not apply in his case, provided that the employercomplies with the requirements of paragraph (4).
(2) An agreement for the purposes of paragraph (1)—
(a)
may either relate to a specified period or apply indefinitely; and
(b)
subject to any provision in the agreement for a different period of notice, shall beterminable by the worker by giving not less than seven days' notice to his employer inwriting.
(3) Where an agreement for the purposes of paragraph (1) makes provision for the termination ofthe agreement after a period of notice, the notice period provided for shall not exceed three months.
(4) The requirements referred to in paragraph (1) are that the employer—
(a)
maintains up-to-date records which—

(i)
identify each of the workers whom he employs who has agreed that the limitspecified in regulation 4(1) should not apply in his case;
(ii)
set out any terms on which the worker agreed that the limit should not apply; and
(iii)
specify the number of hours worked by him for the employer during each referenceperiod since the agreement came into effect (excluding any period which ended morethan two years before the most recent entry in the records);
(b)
permits any inspector appointed by the Health and Safety Executive or any other authoritywhich is responsible under regulation 28 for the enforcement of these Regulations toinspect those records on request; and
(c)
provides any such inspector with such information as he may request regarding any casein which a worker has agreed that the limit specified in regulation 4(1) should not applyin his case.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 08:37

clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

Because it is a bit like deciding you won't wear your seat belt.
It isn't your choice. It is the law.
Which other laws are voluntary?


Bit extreme and hardly comparable. I also don't think it is against the law considering there are exemptions and the wording states your employers can't not you can't. INB4 you say something about it being dangerous to not take your break. The offices break is already scheduled before we go out on delivery so everyone is still doing a full walk without a break. :thumbup

Again though, Why are you lot hung up on it? I know its not because you care about my H&S and it cant be because you care about the publics H&S because of what iv just told you. So why do you care?

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 09:28

Ren Hoëk wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

Because it is a bit like deciding you won't wear your seat belt.
It isn't your choice. It is the law.
Which other laws are voluntary?


Bit extreme and hardly comparable. I also don't think it is against the law considering there are exemptions and the wording states your employers can't not you can't. INB4 you say something about it being dangerous to not take your break. The offices break is already scheduled before we go out on delivery so everyone is still doing a full walk without a break. :thumbup

Again though, Why are you lot hung up on it? I know its not because you care about my H&S and it cant be because you care about the publics H&S because of what iv just told you. So why do you care?


RM will just look at it as an excuse to take hours out of your office. Thy;re just going to see it as people finishing early. The bean counters higher up the food chain will just assume that you've taken your break during the shift and not at the end

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 10:30

Ren Hoëk wrote: The offices break is already scheduled before we go out on delivery

And there you have it.
The meal relief has been scheduled (as part of an agreement between RM and the CWU) but the agreement apparently doesn't apply to you.
If you were to have an accident with fatigue playing a critical role RM would point to the agreement that your break was scheduled but you didn't take it.

Legally your break has been scheduled by the business in line with the current working time directive and in line with its agreements with the union.
You choosing to ignore it doesn't negate its lawfulness.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 10:34

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
It's not only against the rules to take all your break at the end of a shift, it's also illegal under the Working Time Directive


Why are you hung up on this? It's happening. All parties involved are fine with it. Im not being forced to take it at the end. It's voluntary. Move on.

Because it is a bit like deciding you won't wear your seat belt.
It isn't your choice. It is the law.
Which other laws are voluntary?


Bit extreme and hardly comparable. I also don't think it is against the law considering there are exemptions and the wording states your employers can't not you can't. INB4 you say something about it being dangerous to not take your break. The offices break is already scheduled before we go out on delivery so everyone is still doing a full walk without a break. :thumbup

Again though, Why are you lot hung up on it? I know its not because you care about my H&S and it cant be because you care about the publics H&S because of what iv just told you. So why do you care?


RM will just look at it as an excuse to take hours out of your office. Thy;re just going to see it as people finishing early. The bean counters higher up the food chain will just assume that you've taken your break during the shift and not at the end


What about those starting later just now yet finishing at their original time? Plenty of staff doing nothing like their usual amount of hours, but as long as you finish at your old time it'll fly under the radar? There must be thousands of staff starting in the street doing this. Also lots of people starting early/finishing early just now to allow for afternoon shifts. I don't think it's a simple as saying Joe Bloggs is scheduled to finish at 3pm every day, but he's now logging off at 1:30, so that's a 1.5 hour potential saving.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 11:12

Cucumber wrote:
What about those starting later just now yet finishing at their original time? Plenty of staff doing nothing like their usual amount of hours, but as long as you finish at your old time it'll fly under the radar? There must be thousands of staff starting in the street doing this. Also lots of people starting early/finishing early just now to allow for afternoon shifts. I don't think it's a simple as saying Joe Bloggs is scheduled to finish at 3pm every day, but he's now logging off at 1:30, so that's a 1.5 hour potential saving.


https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 18&t=96547

You might want to read through that thread. If GLS does get sold off then RM will be looking to make massive savings, no matter where them savings come from

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 13:46

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
What about those starting later just now yet finishing at their original time? Plenty of staff doing nothing like their usual amount of hours, but as long as you finish at your old time it'll fly under the radar? There must be thousands of staff starting in the street doing this. Also lots of people starting early/finishing early just now to allow for afternoon shifts. I don't think it's a simple as saying Joe Bloggs is scheduled to finish at 3pm every day, but he's now logging off at 1:30, so that's a 1.5 hour potential saving.


https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 18&t=96547

You might want to read through that thread. If GLS does get sold off then RM will be looking to make massive savings, no matter where them savings come from


My point is that RM simply can't cut hours from any given office based on current ways of working without doing an in depth look at where the money is being spent. Hell, there are people in our DO that are now on hybrid duties finishing 3-4 hours before they used to - but guess what, they are starting 3-4 hours earlier than they did before - are those 3-4 hours fair game? Same with what is being talked about above, instead of a 7:30am full time start, people are coming in at 6am, doing their hours and passing the van over to someone at 1pm instead of after 3pm. Of course, as with any office currently, there are going to be huge inefficiencies owing to the ways of working, but I'd bet a lot of them aren't simply down to people finishing earlier than they used to.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 15:23

RM don't give a s**t how early someone comes in before what their start time is meant to be, all they'll see are people finishing before what their finish time is meant to be

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 15:44

SpacePhoenix wrote:RM don't give a s**t how early someone comes in before what their start time is meant to be, all they'll see are people finishing before what their finish time is meant to be


Using that logic, then they must also see people finishing at 7pm, 4 hours AFTER their usual time? (these new afternoon shifts)

And by people coming in early, I'm not talking about staff doing it off their own back for their own gains, I'm talking about management asking people to do so and they are agreeing, to allow for vans to be freed up later in the day. There is absolutely no need for the mail to arrive in our DO and sit there for 90 mins before the main body of staff come in.

The "How was your day" thread.

30 Jun 2020, 15:58

SpacePhoenix wrote:RM don't give a s**t how early someone comes in before what their start time is meant to be, all they'll see are people finishing before what their finish time is meant to be


If thats the case then in my place we would be paying 5 people to sit and do nothing as they come in later and go out at 12 when the first vans get back. If the vans werent coming back till 3 then nobody would offer to do afternoons and we would have 5 extra walks fail on top of the 3 we are failing anyway.

WE NEED MORE VANS.

Previous page Next page


Page 610 of 616   1 ... 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612, 613 ... 616