not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

11 Feb 2020, 23:40

PDAs refused to download the box collections & COLOD today so had to do adhoc. RM mentioned something about supplying equipment that works if we don't go on strike. Too late Rico.............

14 Feb 2020, 10:41

The number of flowers going through for Valentines Day seemed way down on previous years. Either a lot less people have ordered them or they've gotten held up somewhere

14 Feb 2020, 14:57

SpacePhoenix wrote:The number of flowers going through for Valentines Day seemed way down on previous years. Either a lot less people have ordered them or they've gotten held up somewhere

O r people are using other couriers who actually make an attempt to deliver perishable good first time?

14 Feb 2020, 17:05

Busy day going to every house with HS2 letters and estate agents cards.
Apparently no D2Ds for any of our walks next week which is a bit unusual. Really seems like RM are trying to destroy our jobs.

17 Feb 2020, 18:14

Phone book as D2D. Which is more astonishing: that phone books still exist or Royal Mail accepted it as a D2D contract?

18 Feb 2020, 22:24

Great here at Stockport MPU. Last week had absolutely nothing to post (even on Wednesday) apart from national trust packs and a handful of mail. This week's been ok so far as well, not much mail or packets.

20 Feb 2020, 18:39

Totally slammed yesterday, with a massive amount of packets and oversizes to deliver. Not as bad today, but still a heck of a lot of work.

26 Feb 2020, 21:27

I'm sick of you pillocks not giving a damn about keeping the gray boxes/trays in good condition. I've lost count of the number of times I've found old chocolate bar wrappers and spilled drink cans in them. :evil/mad

27 Feb 2020, 22:22

twoloops wrote:I have a woman with a table in her porch it sits level with her letterbox, the mail drops on it, last week she placed a large potted bonsai tree on the table, I have been waiting all last week for a good sized A4, today my D2D came up trumps, I managed to push the pot off the table .......... smash ..... think she got the message :Very Happy

Well done! :Very Happy

28 Feb 2020, 16:58

The management organised a drinking session at a local inn.
Needless to say, everybody left sober.

13 Mar 2020, 20:35

Comment saying great day the day , no mail , why is that a great day ? Weve been hammered last few days

19 Mar 2020, 20:04

More people opening their doors than ever, before I've even knocked! We're supposed to be socially distancing! :arrrghhh
PDA still acting up. Numerous times, get to the door, scan parcel, knock door, place on doorstep, step back 2m. Then the effin thing loops back to indoor/outdoor screen, by which time the customer has opened the door and I have to get close again to scan! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

19 Mar 2020, 21:17

I’m hearing tomorrow we are going to get battered, Dom been phoning round begging posties to come in early.

19 Mar 2020, 22:05

twoloops wrote:I’m hearing tomorrow we are going to get battered, Dom been phoning round begging posties to come in early.

Bulk posting? Think we've had all the council tax forms through already here

20 Mar 2020, 00:30

twoloops wrote:I’m hearing tomorrow we are going to get battered, Dom been phoning round begging posties to come in early.

Have heard the same. The government will probably write to every address in the next week as well just as half the workforce has taken sick or are at home looking after the kids.

20 Mar 2020, 21:35

Got a finishing time . Gotta get home for the footy ,,,

21 Mar 2020, 20:41

EERIE!

21 Mar 2020, 22:06

The bars and restaurants were closed on my duty today due to COVID-19. This meant no chance of stopping for a toilet break. Nowhere else to relieve oneself, so it was a matter of holding it in for the last hour before heading back to the office.

Wish I had an empty plastic bottle in the van to use. Kinda like poor old Ricky in the film Sorry We Missed You. :shock:

Sorry We Missed You (2).jpg

Sorry We Missed You (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

23 Mar 2020, 18:30

"so it was a matter of holding it in for the last hour before heading back to the office"

You know you're entitled to return to the office under such circumstances ? And it's not a "break"

23 Mar 2020, 20:42

Postie45 wrote:"so it was a matter of holding it in for the last hour before heading back to the office"

You know you're entitled to return to the office under such circumstances ? And it's not a "break"

I wasn't exactly busting to go. If that was the case, of course there'd be a trip back to the office... a 15 minute journey there and 15 minutes back to work. But because it was the last hour of my duty when nature was calling, I did the manly thing and finished the last loop of the day and waited until I returned to the office. :thumbup

Now if this happened in the middle of the duty... :Sick

Previous page Next page

Page 599 of 606   1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 606