not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

29 Oct 2019, 19:25

rambo1 wrote:
Gangham_style14 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:This job. This company. Is so, so shite.

I agree. RM are one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. It’s poorly ran from the top to the bottom. The holiday booking system really bothers me. I’ve never known a company to want you to book a year in advance?
The bullying and manipulation by the managers.
Is working 6 days a week for 5 weeks to get a rotation week off, actually a perk?
Working every Saturday. Not a perk to me?
Is the money actually that good?
Being behind in the times, what does the future hold for RM. I’m still adamant A big yes vote will somehow play into Rico’s hands. They wouldn’t pay all that money to bring him in if they didn't have a plan. (Just my opinion)
Questions I’m starting to ask myself as I look through indeed searching for a job that doesn’t involve delivering!

Many companies want/need you to put your hols in a yr in advance. If you didn't want to work Saturday you shouldn't have become a postie. Try getting a similar job with the benefits and pay of royal mail, think you'll struggle. Yes, management are by and large not very good but the job as a postie isn't too bad for the money, providing you do it right, use correct equipment and don't work for free.

When I joined this s**t outfit, Saturday wasn’t a ‘normal working day,’ had it been, I probably wouldn’t have taken the job, but the Saturday morning finish was actually used as a selling point during my interview.
But it is so much more than plodding f***ing streets at 2.00pm of a Saturday afternoon, no, that’s just the tip of this f***ing iceberg of s**t, that is being a Royal Mail postman.

29 Oct 2019, 19:32

DirtyHarry wrote:When I joined this s**t outfit, Saturday wasn’t a ‘normal working day,’ had it been, I probably wouldn’t have taken the job, but the Saturday morning finish was actually used as a selling point during my interview.
But it is so much more than plodding f***ing streets at 2.00pm of a Saturday afternoon, no, that’s just the tip of this f***ing iceberg of s**t, that is being a Royal Mail postman.

Probably a lot of the difference back then would have been MS3 not going out on Saturdays. Over the last decade or so, virtually all of what went out as MS3 now goes out as DSA which has to be delivered on a Saturday. I think it was about 7-8 years ago that RM decided that all MS3 should be delivered on Saturdays as well

29 Oct 2019, 19:53

Screwfix Tuesday

Amazing how we seem to get bulk mailings on less hours Tuesdays now :roll:

07 Nov 2019, 16:47

Tuesday was really busy this week.
Wednesday was a bit lighter than it should have been.
Then we found out today our MC had a 'failure' on Wednesday so we had a mess to clear up today. Finished hour & a quarter past my duty end time.

08 Nov 2019, 18:50

gripped by the news that rm will attempt a court action to deem a 97.1% poll ballot illegal due to some 'muppets' filming themselves opening their (ballot) mail (illegal w/out mngmt. endorsement) in DO's and then balloting in the workplace (illegal); whilst filming and then posting their coercive behaviours online/socila media platforms (illegal).

...this sort of management tactic really grips my s**t, considering the direct rmtv/courier/+letters thru me door type coercive propaganda AGAINST IA aimed at ALL EMPLOYEES...The hypocrisy is tantamount to a declaration of contempt for both the CWU and the workforce.

flummoxed...but sort of knew 'dirty tactics' would be used to undermine our current momentum...doesn't change the fact that they are total sh(ae-i-ou)tstains; just redoubles my low opinion of said contemptible sh(ae-i-ou)tstains. Still no dialogue 'cept this underhand attempt to further negate the will of the workers. Always was gonna be a grim winter, time to vote in general election for whosoever will grip this contemptible shower of sh(ae-i-ou)te on our behalf...we now need a political alliance...HELP US OB.JC, YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE!
THE DARK SIDE IS STRONG...our position is compromised...but we must NEVER FORGET: PEOPLE DIED FOR OUR RIGHT(S) TO VOTE... and a GE might just be their complete undoing...
p'raps one should consider this in the booths throughout the land before we become the sweatshop of Western Europe...Brexit or No...it's about workers' rights, people's poverty and conditions and the few punishing the many in their lust for money...I bet the German Chief Emperor Officer Rico is pissing himself this weekend over in his tax haven lakeside mansion. What a disgusting country we live in at present. Hopefully not forever. I still have my vote and I will use it... You can be sure of it, mr Back...you may have won this battle...but you won't win the War. :no no :coolr

08 Nov 2019, 19:24

work wrote:mr Back...you may have won this battle...but you won't win the War. :no no :coolr

People like that with money and power ALWAYS win, so please just accept it and move on.

09 Nov 2019, 15:14

Call me paranoid but I find it very convenient that the poll cards come through on a Saturday.

09 Nov 2019, 18:42

leolion855 wrote:
work wrote:mr Back...you may have won this battle...but you won't win the War. :no no :coolr

People like that with money and power ALWAYS win, so please just accept it and move on.

only one shouldn't accept it and some of us never do...one expects that you accept anything that 'money and power' people do/say/tell you...so impressionable/impressed by money and power... :hmmmm You a SCREW by any chance?...or just a working class Tory?..Now that I can accept; based on your spiel. Please enlighten me to why you are so ready to 'accept it and move on'? And, in particular, why you ask myself so politely to do the same? I respect your manners, but honestly...with my reputation...I accept nowt from 'people like that', thanks for asking, though! :coolr

09 Nov 2019, 22:29

CPTNemoUK wrote:Call me paranoid but I find it very convenient that the poll cards come through on a Saturday.

RM doesn't have any say (AFAIK) in what day a bulk posting gets sent out. Not seen any poll cards here yet (or had mine delivered). AFAIK they're supposed to go straight to DOs as walk sorted.

09 Nov 2019, 22:36

SpacePhoenix wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:Call me paranoid but I find it very convenient that the poll cards come through on a Saturday.

RM doesn't have any say (AFAIK) in what day a bulk posting gets sent out. Not seen any poll cards here yet (or had mine delivered). AFAIK they're supposed to go straight to DOs as walk sorted.

They wasn't walk sorted but street sorted start from number 1 or 2 even and odds. It also said postal votes in my area are being sent out about the 26th :nana. going to be fun on my walk because I can't go over one second even if i wanted too. Love child care :nana

10 Nov 2019, 07:36

work wrote:
leolion855 wrote:

only one shouldn't accept it and some of us never do...one expects that you accept anything that 'money and power' people do/say/tell you...so impressionable/impressed by money and power... :hmmmm You a SCREW by any chance?...or just a working class Tory?..Now that I can accept; based on your spiel. Please enlighten me to why you are so ready to 'accept it and move on'? And, in particular, why you ask myself so politely to do the same? I respect your manners, but honestly...with my reputation...I accept nowt from 'people like that', thanks for asking, though! :coolr

me? just a working class Tory. I accept it cause ive had some pretty shitty minimum wage jobs inc forced overtime with just 1 minutes notice, Thats why i can accept anything that comes as long as i still have a income, From the jobs ive done in the past a six hr prep and deliver job is a picnic, even when the bags weigh 20kg plus and you need to use a trolley and everything's uphill.

I dont for one second think that the planned parcel separation scheme will work and RM will end up falling flat on their face when it fails, I just hope that when they say 'everyone who wants a job with RM will keep a job' is true then im just happy to let go with what they want and let it all unravel around them. Its also much better for me than getting wound up about!

10 Nov 2019, 20:01

"The "How was your day" thread" - Sorry everyone but I had a lovely day...… I Retired after 27 years with RM....!!! :nana

10 Nov 2019, 23:05

CPTNemoUK wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

They wasn't walk sorted but street sorted start from number 1 or 2 even and odds. It also said postal votes in my area are being sent out about the 26th :nana. going to be fun on my walk because I can't go over one second even if i wanted too. Love child care :nana

Council's like to clear the decks on Fridays as that is most people's last day of the working week before 'the weekend'. Therefore it is fairly commonplace for bulk council mailings to arrive for us to deliver to every house on a Saturday.

13 Nov 2019, 06:53

Was smashing my round, got my bundles bagged for my last loop and as I was shutting the doors of the van thought "f**k I hope I haven't left the keys in the ba-" van doors slammed and locked, cue having to wait for my manager to come rescue me by the side of the road.

f***ing bummer.

13 Nov 2019, 07:10

staywarmstayfree wrote:Was smashing my round, got my bundles bagged for my last loop and as I was shutting the doors of the van thought "f**k I hope I haven't left the keys in the ba-" van doors slammed and locked, cue having to wait for my manager to come rescue me by the side of the road.

f***ing bummer.

:Very Happy I did the same thing my hand was full so I put the key down on my next bundle. I turned round for some reason having my back to the van and a gust of wind blew my door shut :left:. Good job my phone was in my pocket.

I also did the same in my misses car. She bought me a xbox for christmas I went too put the shopping in the boot, dropped everything in there including the keys and shut the boot. Wife wasn't impressed and my dad wasn't for doing a 30 mile round trip to drop the spare key off :left:

Previous page Next page

Page 792 of 793   1 ... 789, 790, 791, 792, 793