not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

27 Aug 2019, 18:44

Can't have been more than 20 letters per frame today - quadruple ultra lapsing in force, annual leave being offered at the door. I can just dimmly recall a time when we looked forward to the Tuesday after the English bank holiday. Half Ten Finishes, you will not be forgotten. :cry

28 Aug 2019, 04:44

Tuesday was usual less duty hours but far busier due to bank holiday Monday. Ending up going over time by 90 minutes! Hope to recover some time today but likely won't.

28 Aug 2019, 19:24

Shirley from Birmingham's day wasn't going so well last Friday. :chuckle Those darn foreigners working for Royal Mail. Overpaid, oversexed, and over here. (Like me. :cool)

01 Oct 2019, 12:37

Watched a video in WTLL with a question and answer session from Jubilee Mail Centre.
It was accompanied by a level of overt racism from the floor probably not seen in this country since Moseley's black shirts tried to march on Cable Street.
Proud to be a CWU member?

01 Oct 2019, 15:44

clashcityrocker wrote:Watched a video in WTLL with a question and answer session from Jubilee Mail Centre.
It was accompanied by a level of overt racism from the floor probably not seen in this country since Moseley's black shirts tried to march on Cable Street.
Proud to be a CWU member?

We watched it today as well. At least one piece of information was incorrect or out of date and the whole thing seemed scripted end to end. The posties asking the questions all capitulated at the end . When even the DOMs can see we are heading towards a two tier workforce with a long term objective of phasing out all current posties contracts you just know RM are lying through their teeth.

02 Oct 2019, 21:35

DirtyHarry wrote:This job. This company. Is so, so shite.

I agree. RM are one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. It’s poorly ran from the top to the bottom. The holiday booking system really bothers me. I’ve never known a company to want you to book a year in advance?
The bullying and manipulation by the managers.
Is working 6 days a week for 5 weeks to get a rotation week off, actually a perk?
Working every Saturday. Not a perk to me?
Is the money actually that good?
Being behind in the times, what does the future hold for RM. I’m still adamant A big yes vote will somehow play into Rico’s hands. They wouldn’t pay all that money to bring him in if they didn't have a plan. (Just my opinion)
Questions I’m starting to ask myself as I look through indeed searching for a job that doesn’t involve delivering!

04 Oct 2019, 16:49

Gangham_style14 wrote:

The management do my head in at times.

The lack of management and the bullsh**ing. "So and so gets this done in this amount of time", "oh you only have a few calls on this bit so it's easy".

F' off!!

So and so is the duty holder, so and so probably comes in an hour early like many posties....so f' off with this nonsense and just be fair with me.

Yes - I may have a few calls in these small blocks of flats, but that doesn't make much effing difference if I've got to go the top floor in most of them.

If they were just reasonable and got on and made fair decisions from the get-go then the whole process would be more efficient and more post would get delivered.

05 Oct 2019, 19:02

Gangham_style14 wrote:

I agree. RM are one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. It’s poorly ran from the top to the bottom. The holiday booking system really bothers me. I’ve never known a company to want you to book a year in advance?
Is working 6 days a week for 5 weeks to get a rotation week off, actually a perk?
Being behind in the times, what does the future hold for RM. I’m still adamant A big yes vote will somehow play into Rico’s hands. They wouldn’t pay all that money to bring him in if they didn't have a plan. (Just my opinion)
Questions I’m starting to ask myself as I look through indeed searching for a job that doesn’t involve delivering!

Many companies want/need you to put your hols in a yr in advance. If you didn't want to work Saturday you shouldn't have become a postie. Try getting a similar job with the benefits and pay of royal mail, think you'll struggle. Yes, management are by and large not very good but the job as a postie isn't too bad for the money, providing you do it right, use correct equipment and don't work for free.

06 Oct 2019, 12:31

Gangham_style14 wrote:

Regarding the option to form groups of posties working six day weeks to enable having additional whole weeks off instead of one additional day off per week this is generally something chosen to do by posties who like the idea of having additional whole weeks off work. If you cannot get whole groups of posties interested in committing to this and RM locally is not amenable to the change then the option won't be open to you.
I read somewhere on here that RM want to remove alternative working methods such as this as it supposedly costs them money to do it. Not sure if that is true or not as the communication from the union is not that good. I laughed when I watched the latest video from TP saying how good the union communication was currently. We are really in the dark as much as during the last pay negotiations. Without Martin Walsh writing stuff on here we would know next to nothing about the situation.

19 Oct 2019, 00:47

Celgar wrote:
Gangham_style14 wrote:

Regarding the option to form groups of posties working six day weeks to enable having additional whole weeks off instead of one additional day off per week this is generally something chosen to do by posties who like the idea of having additional whole weeks off work. If you cannot get whole groups of posties interested in committing to this and RM locally is not amenable to the change then the option won't be open to you.
I read somewhere on here that RM want to remove alternative working methods such as this as it supposedly costs them money to do it. Not sure if that is true or not as the communication from the union is not that good. I laughed when I watched the latest video from TP saying how good the union communication was currently. We are really in the dark as much as during the last pay negotiations. Without Martin Walsh writing stuff on here we would know next to nothing about the situation.

If you all will know the way forward agreement enshrined it as a choice yet it was debunked as unworkable as managers did not know how it worked they the managers only know how a 1 in 6 works with a Tuesday off yet we have a CEO who turns up TWO DAYS a WEEK sorry for saying the truth on here but the standers he set himself in the past just don't cut it in 2019!

22 Oct 2019, 18:53

Quietest Tuesday for as long as I can remember today in terms of letters and flats. Packets and parcels about normal for a Tuesday though. Should be really busy tomorrow though.

23 Oct 2019, 13:42

It was strangely light for a Wednesday. Tuesday was too. I actually fitted everything in my trolley for 2 days running and that has never happened before! Is this the calm before the storm for Thursday or the foreseeable weeks ahead? I am not complaining but I guess I am interested to know if the public are reacting to all the strike news or the usual brexit issues looming?! Or this is just how it is normally?

23 Oct 2019, 17:59

Had a lot of Tracked, parcels, & packets today (Wednesday) but not as much letters and flats as expected. Therefore there should be a lot more mail either tomorrow or on Friday.

23 Oct 2019, 19:22

Partnered with a total ringpiece. He can't pack a bag for s**t and the van looks like the aftermath of a free festival in a Scooby Doo closet. It's made all the worse by the way he drives like a maniac making the jumble in the back even more of a mess every time he corners or slams on the anchor. It's a wonder that he can find his way to work of a morning considering the utter balls up he makes of delivering oversized and specials. ("Specials? What specials? He asked calmly before signing for them himself or scanning them as No Answer to stop the clock with minutes to go before 13:00).
I'm not sure I will make it to the end of the week without medication.
Last edited by Sir Henry on 30 Oct 2019, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

23 Oct 2019, 20:27

Sir Henry wrote:Partnered with a total ringpiece. He can't pack a bag for s**t and the van looks like the aftermath of a free festival in a Scooby Doo closet. It's made all the worse by the way he drives like a maniac making the jumble in the back even more of a mess every time he corners or slams on the anchor. It's a wonder that he can find his way to work of a morning considering the utter balls up he makes of delivering oversized and specials. ("Specials? What specials? He asked calmly before signing for them himself or scanning them as No Answer to stop the clock with minutes to go before 13:00).
I'm not sure I will make it to the end of the week without medication. And dont get me started on the bag of fish.....

Ahh the delightful joy and fantastic idea that is van share ! At least they are not your regular lol.

Previous page Next page

Page 791 of 794   1 ... 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794