not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

The "How was your day" thread.

27 Jul 2019, 01:23

scoobymunster wrote:I remember the days when I was able to fit my entire duty in the one york. :Boo hoo! The papers claim we've a lot of poverty in my area, the volume of packets says different!

What do you think credit is for 6 months later the unpaid bills and bailiffs are knocking the door down!

29 Jul 2019, 19:24

To be fair, if you are living in poverty, you probably are more likely to buy things second hand on Ebay, or look for bargains online. I know that I do when finances are tight.

In our office, the wealthier areas don't get anywhere near as many packets. Probably because they're mostly retired people who either use the internet less, or have more free time to go out shopping.

30 Jul 2019, 16:47

DirtyHarry wrote:This job, this company, is so, so, shite.

The grass is always greener on the other side go find a job that pays the same with same perks I know we all moan about it but trust me you won't find much better

31 Jul 2019, 06:27

Mick100 wrote:

The grass is always greener on the other side go find a job that pays the same with same perks I know we all moan about it but trust me you won't find much better

What are the perks of the job?

Yeah we may get paid better than other low skilled jobs, I think we should be....

-We work Saturdays.
-We work in all weathers.
-We often work for free.
-We are knackered all the time (well I am anyway). I am constantly aching or tired.
-We get attacked by dogs.

I heard the end of year bonus is £200....I have worked in lower paid jobs that gave a bonus of £1000.

Maybe the perks are a few quid in tips at christmas time from the people that feel sorry for us?

31 Jul 2019, 07:30

norris9 wrote:
What are the perks of the job?

Good hourly rate.
Paid meal relief.
Paid sick absence. 6 months on full pay.
6 weeks holiday
Good workplace pension.

31 Jul 2019, 10:13

Some of u lot don't know how lucky u r!

This job's awesome!!!

My last job if I bumped the van I had 2 pay 4 the repairs or the insurance excess

If there wasn't much work on I got sent home I only got paid 4 the hours I worked

If there was a lot of work on I was expected 2 work late it could be a 12hr shift

There was no such thing as cutting off!

I got minimum wage & no pension

Most of the deliveries I did were unexpected by the recipient so added chance of dogs being out coz they weren't expecting u!

I think some of u lot have had it too easy or maybe u just like moaning!

01 Aug 2019, 19:34

This job. This company. Is so, so shite.

01 Aug 2019, 20:20

Just because we're knee deep in shite not waist deep doesn't mean we can't moan about the smell.

02 Aug 2019, 14:39

norris9 wrote:
Mick100 wrote:

I heard the end of year bonus is £200....

Norris - don't forget it's pro rata..........

And you'll get some stamps :nana :nana

05 Aug 2019, 17:58

Keep on going in with a new walk frame put in front of me, an incomplete frame, some letters to sort, all parcels to sort + redirections to do....

No advice about the walk, no map, not enough bags. No comments like 'We know you probably won't get done so don't worry about bringing a loop back'.

Unorganised.

Not sure what is 'supposed' to happen....I would have thought the frame should be prepped for me to just come in and bag up.

12 Aug 2019, 13:13

do you want overtime ?

yes = clear the duty, book the overtime it takes you to do it with the extra work of prepping
no = see line manager, tell him that with the extra prep eating into your delivery time you wont be able to complete your delivery.

15 Aug 2019, 16:44

Great day today. Deliveries were perfect, dogs with wagging tails licked me, cats purred up to me, female customers marveled at my sexy looks, male customers marveled at my omniscience, the managers back at the delivery office unexpectedly asked me if I wanted a promotion and a raise, and I didn't feel the urge to punch a goofy, veteran delivery partner in the jaw like I've felt on other days.

Yes, I was a happy postie today. :Very Happy :nana

15 Aug 2019, 18:35

MDMA?

15 Aug 2019, 19:25

lol. I have had a BiPolar week.

I went from being happy earlier in the week...working on my own...sun was shining...everything running smoothly...thinking what a delightful job.....to...

pissing down rain, working in a van share, realising that managers are manipulators...and considering leaving.

26 Aug 2019, 16:55

norris9 wrote:lol. I have had a BiPolar week.

I went from being happy earlier in the week...working on my own...sun was shining...everything running smoothly...thinking what a delightful job.....to...

pissing down rain, working in a van share, realising that managers are manipulators...and considering leaving.

Yeah van share, if you have a decent partner it is fine, but put you with someone who does'nt know the duty and they drag there feet and my stress levels climb.

Previous page Next page

Page 790 of 793   1 ... 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793