ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Heathrow Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
fbonito

Parcel stuck at Heathrow Langley HWDC

Post by fbonito »

hello,

i've sent a registered mail to the UK from Portugal.

by the tracking information i can see that package is in LANGLEY HWDC since day 4 (15 days ago) does it mean that it's held in their customs for inspection? should the receiver except to receive a letter from customs? what is happening?

thanking you in advanced
filipe bonito

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: LANGLEY HWDC ???

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Try the tracking number here (http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) as that one gives more details
fbonito

Post by fbonito »

in the link you sent i get the message "Sorry, there has been a problem with reference number you've entered. Please try again." after inserting the number.

in the portuguese tracker i get the informarmation: Item received - 2012/04/04 - INTERNATIONAL RECEPTION - LANGLEY HWDC"
Mro

Post by Mro »

You should try and contact royal mail via their twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/royalmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you get rid of the track and trace code after they request for it, just a precaution.
fbonito

Post by fbonito »

from twitter

"Hi, I'm sorry it's not arrived with you yet. Customs may be checking the item over at the moment, hopefully soon."

but they can't really know where it is...
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

It may just turn up,or it has been delivered but hasn't been scanned in,you could try and contact who you sent it to.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fbonito

Post by fbonito »

hi, the receiver say that he didn't receive anything...

it was a ebay sale, now he is asking for a refund and the postal office don't give-me a concrete answer..

:-(
Mro

Post by Mro »

Man, i know it sucks. I still haven't received my package yet, it's been stuck in HWDC Langley for over 25 days according to the tracking system. My supplier is willing to send a second package as long as i return the first package IF it arrives. That's a very big if..

I would suggest the last thing i did, which was contacting Royal Mail via e-mail. This might not be helpful but it's worth a shot:

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/contact-us
fbonito

Post by fbonito »

thanks for the reply.

i already contacted royal mail, but they say that i need to contact the portuguese post... i've contacted the portuguese post and they say that i need to contact the royal mail...

they take over a week to respond anything and they say nothing... i would just like to know what is happening... :-(
Mro

Post by Mro »

okay no, i don't think claims are possible because the operator was from abroad:

"Please note that we are only able to deal with claims where the item was posted with Royal Mail. If an item has been posted with or handled by another postal operator, or sent from outside of the UK, it will not be eligible for compensation from Royal Mail. "

Maybe you could show this to the postal service in portugal.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... ms-process" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PriestOfGix

Post by PriestOfGix »

Did You get to receive your package? cause im in kinda of the same situation its been in customs for 22 days according to tracking system and it came from Portugal as well
ruicsantos

Post by ruicsantos »

Me too. A package was sent to me and arrived in Langley ( as far as the Portuguese tracking number shows) in 18th August. Still nothing until today. Not the package and no letter from costums or informing me of something. I find this really ridiculous and a lack of respect for people. Royal Mail said that have no info. They say that could be any other shipping company responsible to deliver because my package (I told them) has 2 Kg. Tired to check parcelforce trace and track and ...nothing. So now what I am suppose to do? CTT in Portugal have nothing to do with it. The package is in Langley since 18 so the shipping company respnsible for delivering is the responsible!
Peter42y

Post by Peter42y »

I have that problem also.
A package I sent arrived at LANGLEY HWDC , January 17.
Since then.., nothing. ( Its January the 23 ).
If the package is lost I mean I lost 400 euros. 336 British pounds.
Insurance? Portuguese Mail does not accept insured packages to the UK.
Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by TeeferTiger »

Peter42y wrote:I have that problem also.
A package I sent arrived at LANGLEY HWDC , January 17.
Since then.., nothing. ( Its January the 23 ).
If the package is lost I mean I lost 400 euros. 336 British pounds.
Insurance? Portuguese Mail does not accept insured packages to the UK.
Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.
And you've not considered that there may be a customs charge that's holding it up? And it's been there 6 days... some people have had things turn up after 6 weeks.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Peter42y wrote:Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.
RoyalMailChat provides no service beyond allowing Posties and Customers to interact so please keep that in mind when asking for ADVICE. We cannot, with the best will, provide solutions as we are generally advising and interacting on our own time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."