ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

[Job Application] How long does it take?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
hunter0405
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

[Job Application] How long does it take?

Post by hunter0405 »

Hi folks,

I just had the phone call today asking me to attend an induction day next week :dance
I thought I should come and say hi first as I probably will be looking for help soon.

After a quick surf around the forum I saw a lot of prospective folks are wondering how long the application process will take.
Here's how I went through the application process (I don't know if this is of any help but hopefully will give people an idea):

12 Aug - Completed my application and online tests
23 Aug - Invited to Interview
31 Aug - Attended the Interview
1 Sep - Received Email about passing the Interview :cool
2 Sep - Job offered over the phone :cool > status changed to "Processing Security Checks" (I was told this will take around 12 working days :arrrghhh )
15 Sep - Status changed to "Security checks completed" :arrrghhh
21 Sep - Phone call about Induction Day and start date

[Update]
22 Sep - Status change to "Processing Security Checks DS" (Again? maybe they just want to waste their money on Disclosure Scotland?)
Last edited by hunter0405 on 22 Sep 2011, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: [Job Application] How long does it take?

Post by POSTMAN »

Thanks for that,tbh it's so up and down,some have waited months,the whole process is a sham.
Good luck for when you start as well. :Very Happy
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
s.m

Post by s.m »

My application process took around the same time, very similar dates .
hunter0405
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by hunter0405 »

s.m wrote:My application process took around the same time, very similar dates .
You are not starting in Scotland by any chance? :chuckle
dozandmaxine

Post by dozandmaxine »

good luck with the job hunter !!
i have now been to two interviews and on both occasions been put on a so called "candidate waiting list" but nothing ever comes of them.( vacancies still get put on the job site despite me being on the list ?? )
i now have to wait a month before re-applying which means i will be pushing it to find a vacancy apply and get on before xmas.
getting a bit depressed with the whole process.
and despite all the negativity that you hear on the site i think the job would basicaly be great and suit me down to the ground .
s.m

Post by s.m »

hunter0405 wrote:
s.m wrote:My application process took around the same time, very similar dates .
You are not starting in Scotland by any chance? :chuckle

Im afraid not, sutton coldfield here
leeroy5312

Post by leeroy5312 »

dozandmaxine - when you see a vacancy on the website you should contact RM, thats what it told me to do on my waiting list e-mail. After that they phone you to verify a few things and then process security checks. I have just had my status changed to Security checks passed, so hopefully soon i will get a start date.

I too have been on the waiting list twice, the first time i didn't keep checking for vacancies. The second time it took just two or three days.

My advise sign up to the e-mail notification service, and if you see a suitable one get in touch with them.
dozandmaxine

Post by dozandmaxine »

thanks for the advice leeroy
i have been checking vacancies everyday but not many come up in my area and a think that they will be taking temps on shortly to cover xmas ( via angaurd ) who going by all the bad posts on here should be avoided at all costs.
but i will keep an eye out you never know
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Hi everyone

I applied online for a Casual Flexible Resource on the 28th of June. 3 weeks later I got a phone call out of the blue whilst riding my bike on the canal. Angard interviewed me there and then. I then got an email 3 weeks later asking me to go to a face to face interview, all it involved was reading and signing 4 forms and having to re-write my 5 year past History. I then was told they'd be intouch in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile please send in 2 passport size photographs.
2 weeks later I get a phone call to tell me that my Security checks have been passed but can I send in some Passport Photographs. So I was a bit miffed but spent another five pounds getting some more passport photographs done and sent them off. Next day I called them to find out if they'd received them and was told, yes. 3 weeks later I called them to see what was happening and find out when I might be starting. Angard said they were waiting for the Management of Royal Mail to send for more casuals. 9 days ago I got the first passport photographs through the post, laminated and all set up to use. I'm still waiting to be asked to start. I'm a bit cheesed off now. Feel either they haven't a clue what they're doing or they just are stringing me along. I've now got an interview for a Christmas Casual post. Looks like the only time I'm going to get a casual job there is at Christmas.

Does anyone know if Sutton Coldfield are taking anyone on as a Christmas Casual.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Feel either they haven't a clue what they're doing
Unfortunately that is the case,it's also a case of waiting i'm afraid.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dozandmaxine

Post by dozandmaxine »

beware-- lots of posts on the site about angard and people not getting paid !!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I would like to apply a royal mail job, however, I'm not allowed to re-apply the job as I have withdrawn the job last November. Who can I contact in order to re-set my application so that I can process wit the application?

I was in the opinion that I do not need to apply for the same job, therefore I withdraw my application. After all, someone told me I have to send separate application. The problem is once I withdrawn my application, it's not allowed me to re-apply, how to solve this problem. Who should I contact- Royal Mail or Angard to reset application. Can I have contact Number for Royal Mail? Thanks.
chanbals

Post by chanbals »

Royal mail Christmas job 2013, i got it after i attended the interview but my status is look like TRANSFER PROCESSED, i don't know what does it mean?
barbsy

Post by barbsy »

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I applied for a job as postwoman deliverer and did the online tests two weeks ago I still haven't heard anything how ling does it usually take? Also the post is not on the website anymore and on my status it says test finished. Thanks in advance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

barbsy wrote:I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I applied for a job as postwoman deliverer and did the online tests two weeks ago I still haven't heard anything how ling does it usually take? Also the post is not on the website anymore and on my status it says test finished. Thanks in advance
It can takes ages 6 weeks is not unusual especially at Christmas when they are looking at getting 21,000 casuals hired.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."