ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how long should first class standard take

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
pgtips911

how long should first class standard take

Post by pgtips911 »

i have read up on the royal mail site should be 3 days is this right
as far as i am aware of the parcel i am awaiting was posted friday at the end of the day, it will be too big for letterbox i thought i would of recived it by now ie van., i have read up on the royal mail site that you have to wait for up to 15 days and if not delivered them process a claim.
i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks

Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: how long should first class standard take

Post by Lounge Lizard »

pgtips911 wrote:i have read up on the royal mail site should be 3 days is this right
as far as i am aware of the parcel i am awaiting was posted friday at the end of the day, it will be too big for letterbox i thought i would of recived it by now ie van., i have read up on the royal mail site that you have to wait for up to 15 days and if not delivered them process a claim.
i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks
What do you mean by "first class standard",
"First Class Mail - we aim to deliver by the next working day"
or "Standard Parcels - we aim to deliver within three to five days!" ?
pgtips911

1st class standard.

Post by pgtips911 »

i was told the parcel was posted standard 1st class, its bigger than the letter box and will have to come by van, im guessing then this is 4-5 days
pgtips911

Post by pgtips911 »

just contacted the guy who posted it and the person on the counter at the post office sent it the next thing from recored was first class standard its a parcel bigger than letter box prob weight about 2kg
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

pgtips911 wrote: i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks
Can someone go through the back and see where this parcel is.
Thanks. :left:
Why not phone up Robin Hood
Stormproof

Post by Stormproof »

clashcityrocker wrote:
pgtips911 wrote: i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks
Can someone go through the back and see where this parcel is.
Thanks. :left:
I don't mean to sound rude but what planet do some people live on :crazy: :crazy:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets

Illegitimi non carborundum
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

Royal Mail will tell u it's working days that count, even though they work Saturdays, i don't think it's counted as a working day.

Beside the point, I would have expected you to have received it by now. As it's not sent by trackable method, I would suggest you contact your local delivery office and see if there's anything there awaiting collection. As for claiming from RM, that's up to the sender as it's him who has a contract with RM, not you, the recipient. You have the contract with the sender.... Read up on the Distance Selling Regulations.

As for tracking it, no chance. As previously stated, due to the way it was sent, there is no way anyone on here would be able to check it.
pgtips911

Post by pgtips911 »

i checked my local sorting office and still nothing has come into the system.
the parcel was posted from the midlands last thursday the 5th may
and its only coming to bolton lancs there is def something not right here.
but many thanks for your reply much app
Jademariiee

Post by Jademariiee »

I posted a small parcel first class today 27/10/15 from Nuneaton post office to Coventry Longford road
When will it get there? As needs to be there before Friday?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Jademariiee wrote:I posted a small parcel first class today 27/10/15 from Nuneaton post office to Coventry Longford road
When will it get there? As needs to be there before Friday?
On average it will arrive today (28/10) but there is no maximum time with this service. If it had to be there in 3 working days you should really have used Special Delivery or Parcelforce 48 (depending on size & value).
Jademariiee

Post by Jademariiee »

What do you mean no maximum time?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Jademariiee wrote:What do you mean no maximum time?
Er, exactly as it says. As it isn't tracked there is no way to tell if something has gone wrong, so if it is accidentally left in the back of a van nobody would know to start a search for it. The Post Office sell about 7 timed services and 3 with no maximum time, first class is one of the latter (recorded isn't included in the above as it's an extension of first or second with the same service standards).