ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Ceej

Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

Post by Ceej »

Hi everyone,

My recorded delivery arrived at the South West Distribution Centre on Tuesday and it's still not left according to Track and Trace. Is there a delay at the centre? Or should it have left by now?

Thanks

Caroline

IcanthelpthewayIam

Re: Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Ceej wrote:Hi everyone,

My recorded delivery arrived at the South West Distribution Centre on Tuesday and it's still not left according to Track and Trace. Is there a delay at the centre? Or should it have left by now?

Thanks

Caroline
Recorded deliveries are not tracked in anyway, the next time it will show up on track and trace is after it has been delivered or delivery attempted, yes there is a backlog of parcels country wide at the moment
Ceej

Post by Ceej »

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that it may be in transit somewhere nearer me then? i.e. it doesn't have to be scanned out of the centre etc? On Track and Trace it says:

Item FJ212667534GB arrived at South West Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-14 and we are currently processing it.

To me that says it hasn't left Bristol yet!
IcanthelpthewayIam

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Ceej wrote:Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that it may be in transit somewhere nearer me then? i.e. it doesn't have to be scanned out of the centre etc? On Track and Trace it says:

Item FJ212667534GB arrived at South West Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-14 and we are currently processing it.

To me that says it hasn't left Bristol yet!
Tbh it could be anywhere on the route, recorded deliveries are not scanned anywhere, its strange it was at the south west distribution centre as that's not normally the case

However, from the reference number you have put, got a sneaking suspicion its not a recorded deliver parcel and has been sent as a tracked parcel (completely different product) and that is scanned every step of way and if this is case then its still at swdc
Karen.P

Post by Karen.P »

My track and trace parcel I ordered from amazon has been stuck in the South west distribution centre since the 9th Dec and not moved.
What is this place? ........Is it that big that parcels can get lost in it? I am losing all faith in receiving my parcel that I ordered on the 5th December now more bad weather is on its way. What annoys me is the roads have been clear for a week now and still the parcel has not moved. Royal mail get your finger out and get those parcels moving!!!!
Broxi51

Post by Broxi51 »

Karen.P wrote:My track and trace parcel I ordered from amazon has been stuck in the South west distribution centre since the 9th Dec and not moved.
What is this place? ........Is it that big that parcels can get lost in it? I am losing all faith in receiving my parcel that I ordered on the 5th December now more bad weather is on its way. What annoys me is the roads have been clear for a week now and still the parcel has not moved. Royal mail get your finger out and get those parcels moving!!!!

Hi Karen, I had tracked parcels from Amazon dating back to the 5th but they have arrived.
The weather is horrendous out there and customers are buying more online so that they
dont have to go out and do xmas shopping. Royal Mail is struggling because of the millions
of extra parcels but we are getting there albeit slower than RM would like.
Other couriers are now refusing orders for Scotland because of the weather which gives us more
to deliver.
It's hard to be patient at this time of the year but please try as we are trying our hardest
to get your presents to you.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
Stormproof

Post by Stormproof »

Because the roads are clear where you are does'nt mean the roads are clear nationwide. There are still backlogs from the severe weather the other week and remember this time of year the system is overloaded anyway without any backlog. :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets

Illegitimi non carborundum
Karen.P

Post by Karen.P »

Stormproof wrote:Because the roads are clear where you are does'nt mean the roads are clear nationwide. There are still backlogs from the severe weather the other week and remember this time of year the system is overloaded anyway without any backlog. :cuppa
Hi, Yes I do appreciate that it is a very busy time of year for royal mail which has been made worse with the adverse weather conditions, however other parcels I have ordered have all been delivered with no problems. It just seems to me that any parcels that were first in the distribution centre on the onset of bad weather are last out. Parcels must have been leaving the distribution centre over the past 8 days so why hasnt mine? :sad:
inss03

Post by inss03 »

I've got an amazon parcel thats been stuck here since 6th December.

Strangely other parcels ordered later have arrived.

Is there a big container somewhere of older mail thats been forgotten?

I know that theres been a delay due to weather but surely not 12 days worth of delay?
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

If I could just mention to ceej that the item he's listed is also a tracked item and not a recorded item as stated. I don't know how bad the weather is down there, but to put it in perspective. I had an item due for delivery on 5th december which arrived on the 15th. Hope this helps give you a rough idea of the wait that i had. I know one of my colleague's tracked packets didn't show movement on track and trace until it was ready for delivery.
fairtradefan

Post by fairtradefan »

I have the same problem only mine started to be processed on December 9th and has still not arrived! That sort of backlog is really unacceptable considering therre was a window of over a week of good weather in which it could have been cleared.
Ceej

Post by Ceej »

Thanks for the replies. Yes it was Track and Trace. Doesn't look good does it, for getting it anytime soon. Such a shame.

ETA: I have just read the post on the probability that the item may be out for delivery and not been scanned due to backlogs. I'm hoping this is the case!!!
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

I too have had a parcel from Amazon that using track and trace shows it as being at the South West Distribution Centre since the 9th, it's been there for 9 days now and the status has never changed. It's completely unacceptable as this was items I ordered for christmas presents for family in Scotland and they are not now going to arrive in time. I've been onto Royal Mail but their customer service stinks, they can't tell me anything other than some rubbish about the weather causing delays (they should be able to look and confirm to me if my parcel is actually at SWDC or if it's been taken by some light fingered Royal Mail employee).

It does seem strange though that there are hundreds of people posting the exact same thing all over the net and it's all regarding Amazon orders, I've ordered numerous other things all at the same time as the Amazon stuff and it has all arrived, orders from HMV, Play.com, FeelUnique, PrezzieBox, Woolworths, all arrived within 3 days, so it is odd that only Amazon orders are not arriving. Someone suggested elsewhere that it could be Amazon have not paid Royal Mail and Royal Mail have refused to delivery their parcels until Amazon settle their account, does anyone else know if there is any truth in this? I've emailed Amazon 3 times and not had a reply, no-one else seems to be getting replies either, they are ignoring their customers. Lesson learnt anyway, I will never ever ever shop with Amazon again, never ever.
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Does anyone have an address for South West Distribution Centre? Someone needs to go there and find out what's happening, if these parcels are really there and why they aren't moving, is it down to Amazon or Royal Mail and if it's Royal Mail deliver some justice to the staff by way of their fists.
RTR

Post by RTR »

Yep, another one here with a tracked Amazon parcel seemingly stuck at the South West distribution centre since 6th December. Here we are now, 12 days later, without a single change in the status of the delivery. It is utterly unacceptable.

Can someone please post up email contact details of a suitable person within Royal Mail to either a) get the chuffing stuff moving, or b) authorise compensation payments. I'd ordered a laptop hard disk, and the delay has meant I have had to buy another locally at much greater cost in order to complete the repair in an acceptable time. Trying to call the customer services helpline is a complete waste of time, and the online help just keeps taking me back to the generic information on track and trace.

Rob