ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Have the talks finished now?

11 Aug 2017, 22:30

deadline monday but will the bigwigs be in talks over the weekend?
I hope if nothing resolved the CWU start the ball rolling straight away with ballot papers and not bow down and give more time, we can still be balloted whilst negotiations go on, perhaps strengthen our demands if an overwhelming yes vote.
been involved in several bouts of IA over the years, feel this is the biggest fight yet even though we all know there is no fight to pick :arrrghhh
be funny as a negotiating tactic they said to every single executive who are on top salaries and bumper pension and bonuses to come do our job for a month or 2
was thinking more and more about our pension, who as now feel they could do the same job up to retirement age? i very much doubt i'll be able to

12 Aug 2017, 05:29

I *think* the deadline has changed now, since Royal Mail have conceded on some demands. Talks to continue next week.

12 Aug 2017, 05:56

The CWU have given RM long enough , it's time to ballot

12 Aug 2017, 07:54

There are furthers talks between Weds and Friday. If the Postal Executive agree the timebale for Industrail Action on Tuesday than the notice will not be served until early September and ballot papers will not go out till the third week of September.

This will allow for further talks up to September. The reason the CWU will not serve notice until September is that the new employment laws require the CWU to present accurately the membership records / workplaces of all who we are balloting , what the reasons are for balloting and what action we are taking which does need some time to prepare.

12 Aug 2017, 21:10

dingo wrote:There are furthers talks between Weds and Friday. If the Postal Executive agree the timebale for Industrail Action on Tuesday than the notice will not be served until early September and ballot papers will not go out till the third week of September.

This will allow for further talks up to September. The reason the CWU will not serve notice until September is that the new employment laws require the CWU to present accurately the membership records / workplaces of all who we are balloting , what the reasons are for balloting and what action we are taking which does need some time to prepare.

thanks, I really hope it's sorted out beforehand, but if not the CWU heads need to act fast with the legal issues, none of us want a dispute rolling into december as this puts the public against us, the CWU will 100% lose the public's backing on any issue because they are usually so silent v's the RM propaganda steam train

13 Aug 2017, 00:41

I don't give a damn whether the public supports us or not this is our dispute its our wages, t&c's and pensions under attack.
I recall the public voted for the political parties to privatise Royal Mai. If things carry on the way they are going Royal mail will go the way of other public utilities, high prices and naff all service.
How many times have we seen the public up in arms about closing a crown Post Office only to bought off by it moving into a place where they can have a sit down and a natter? Meanwhile good quality jobs have been lost for ever.
The way to win this dispute is unity and strength within the workforce facing down the with argument the cynical propaganda from the board and its spokespeople and the greedy city slikers. This is a direct robbing of our wages and pensions into the pockets of the very wealthy.

13 Aug 2017, 01:31

world class male wrote:
dingo wrote:There are furthers talks between Weds and Friday. If the Postal Executive agree the timebale for Industrail Action on Tuesday than the notice will not be served until early September and ballot papers will not go out till the third week of September.

thanks, I really hope it's sorted out beforehand, but if not the CWU heads need to act fast with the legal issues, none of us want a dispute rolling into december as this puts the public against us, the CWU will 100% lose the public's backing on any issue because they are usually so silent v's the RM propaganda steam train

And does Royal Mail care about "the public" ? :crazy:
RM come out with meaningless phrases like "world class mail" as if "the public" won't then notice later and later delivery of their mail and a doubling of postage rates in ten years ( August 2007 24p second class 34p first class, August 2017 56p second class 65p first class ). :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1