ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

The 35 hour working week agreed

11 Aug 2017, 14:59

So royal mail have suposingly stated a 35hr working week if acceptable so im guessing full timers pay will stay the same hows this going to aork for the thousands of people on 22 24 25 28 30 and already 35 hour contracts. Sureley the union cant agree this knowing wveryone else will lose?

11 Aug 2017, 15:04

Or is it royal mails way that evrryone will be on a 35 hour week. Evrs will take place and no onr on the 24 hour contracts etc

11 Aug 2017, 15:28

If I earn £400 for 40 hours then I suddenly earn £400 for 35 hours what has happened to my hourly rate?
If I work 24 hours and my hourly rate goes up what happens to my take home pay?

11 Aug 2017, 16:20

bigal383 wrote: Evrs will take place

Please yes :nana

11 Aug 2017, 16:44

Bahia Feliz wrote:
bigal383 wrote: Evrs will take place

Please yes :nana

if RM get their way, your evr will be a mere 14 grand.....no more 2yrs pay.

11 Aug 2017, 20:58

bigal383 wrote:So royal mail have suposingly stated a 35hr working week if acceptable so im guessing full timers pay will stay the same hows this going to aork for the thousands of people on 22 24 25 28 30 and already 35 hour contracts. Sureley the union cant agree this knowing wveryone else will lose?

They will up the hourly rate. So Full timers will stay on the same pay but work 4 hours less a week in "theory" and part timers wages will increase with the increase in hourly rate! Or at least I assume this is how they would tackle it? :hmmmm

11 Aug 2017, 22:38

If you are on a 39 hour contract reduced to 35 hours for the same rate of weekly pay this equates to a 10.26% hourly pay rise. You must be in dreamland if you think Royal Mail will be agreeing to this.

11 Aug 2017, 22:59

No I don't think they will agree to it. But that's the only way they could implement it if it were to go ahead at least as far as I can see.

12 Aug 2017, 02:09

Maybe a 37 hour week.
Two more hours of :cuppa :cuppa . :thumbup

12 Aug 2017, 17:23

Presumably everyone's wage would increase by 30p per hour for every hour that is reduced for full timers. They can't only increase full timers wages, otherwise a lawsuit would be brought out against them. (This has already been done in other industries.) It actually means the no pay rise deal will have less of an impact on part timers as in theory they would be getting a pay rise as the hours are reduced for full timers.

12 Aug 2017, 17:37

Lincox wrote:If you are on a 39 hour contract reduced to 35 hours for the same rate of weekly pay this equates to a 10.26% hourly pay rise. You must be in dreamland if you think Royal Mail will be agreeing to this.

AND many 39 hr duties can't even be done in 39 hrs let alone 35 . So say your 39 hr duty regularly takes you 45 , will they have massive revisions or just pay 10hrs overtime and if so, at what hr rate of pay?

12 Aug 2017, 17:38

does this mean later starts or earlier finishes

12 Aug 2017, 18:10

lcook282 wrote:does this mean later starts or earlier finishes

Later starts, I would imagine, along with later finishes on OT to get the rounds done!

12 Aug 2017, 18:31

rambo1 wrote:
Lincox wrote:AND many 39 hr duties can't even be done in 39 hrs let alone 35 . So say your 39 hr duty regularly takes you 45 , will they have massive revisions or just pay 10hrs overtime and if so, at what hr rate of pay?

They want to massively reduce your current indoor workload through further automation.
They also have talked about annualized hours (summer/winter) so you'll have longer working weeks when the mail is heavy and shorter working weeks when it is light.

13 Aug 2017, 18:33

clashcityrocker wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Lincox wrote:AND many 39 hr duties can't even be done in 39 hrs let alone 35 . So say your 39 hr duty regularly takes you 45 , will they have massive revisions or just pay 10hrs overtime and if so, at what hr rate of pay?

They want to massively reduce your current indoor workload through further automation.
They also have talked about annualized hours (summer/winter) so you'll have longer working weeks when the mail is heavy and shorter working weeks when it is light.

Errrrr, still waiting for the summer light mail. Hasn't happened here and don't suppose it will now. So later finishes, even later in winter when we do longer days to make up for the (bs) 'lack' of mail in summer. Many straws being clutched at by upper management I think. Maybe if they had a true reported picture of just how much actual mail we are still getting, as well as the packets still rolling in (the stuff that takes your time up) they could formulate a reasonable plan. Maybe.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4