Lost international shipment

Say your bit and ask us anything,eBayer's,general public,business........This is an open forum.
Forum rules
Please read our posting guidelines and new forum rules HERE Shop at AMAZON to help the site HERE

Lost international shipment

Postby celtik » 26 Feb 2013, 12:37

Hello!
I have a problem receiving my package from the UK
According royalmail.com / trackdetails
What is the status: missing dun?
Who do I turn to explain this?
Thanks in advance
Regards
celtik
CUSTOMER

Re: Lost international shipment

Postby adb2aber » 26 Feb 2013, 12:50

Don't worry about the DUN - that just means a bit of paperwork was missing from the bag. The important line here is "Despatchable to DO NOT FLY - NRC"

This means the item likely contains goods considered dangerous to transport. The forbidden goods will likely be destroyed. Check out this response in another thread: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50885#p545044
adb2aber
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Postby celtik » 26 Feb 2013, 13:05

I do not understand - I bought perfume for more than 200 pounds, which now will be destroyed as a danger during transport?
How can I contact the Royal Mail to resolve this issue?
Is it possible to choose another form of international transport?
celtik
CUSTOMER

Postby TrueBlueTerrier » 26 Feb 2013, 13:15

celtik wrote:I do not understand - I bought perfume for more than 200 pounds, which now will be destroyed as a danger during transport?
How can I contact the Royal Mail to resolve this issue?
Is it possible to choose another form of international transport?

Get in touch with the seller - since 14 Jan 2013 perfume can only be sent if it follows certain guidelines and instructions - including paperwork - if not its destroyed at the senders loss.

http://www.royalmail.com/termschanges

International post

To comply with the International Civil Aviation Organization’s Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, Royal Mail will enforce the existing regulations which prohibit dangerous goods from international services. The only dangerous goods Royal Mail will permit in international mail are lithium batteries contained in equipment.

Failure to comply with the legal requirements for the transport of dangerous goods is an offence and you may be prosecuted. Further, if you send dangerous goods and do not comply with the applicable terms and conditions and legal requirements then we may deal with the goods as we see fit including destroying or disposing of the relevant goods or as otherwise specified in the terms and conditions. We will amend our terms and conditions which will affect some common items such as aerosols, perfumes, alcohol, nail varnish and lithium batteries.

It is your responsibility to ensure your post complies with the relevant legal requirements and the terms and conditions.

We are also making other important changes to our terms and conditions to address these legal and policy changes and to improve the efficiency of our services.

All these changes will apply for items posted by contract customers on or after 14 January 2013.

and perfume specifically http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... mers_0.pdf
"The power of willful ignorance cannot be overstated"
Whilst we accept the ethos of Free Speech on RMC, members must recognise they take responsibility for what they post and an ill thought out comment can mean dismissal. https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ct2012.pdf
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Return to CUSTOMERS