LANGLEY HWDC ???

Say your bit and ask us anything,eBayer's,general public,business........This is an open forum.
Forum rules
Please read our posting guidelines and new forum rules HERE If you would like to help the site funds please look HERE

LANGLEY HWDC ???

Postby fbonito » 19 Apr 2012, 16:19

hello,

i've sent a registered mail to the UK from Portugal.

by the tracking information i can see that package is in LANGLEY HWDC since day 4 (15 days ago) does it mean that it's held in their customs for inspection? should the receiver except to receive a letter from customs? what is happening?

thanking you in advanced
filipe bonito
fbonito
CUSTOMER

Re: LANGLEY HWDC ???

Postby SpacePhoenix » 19 Apr 2012, 18:11

Try the tracking number here (http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails) as that one gives more details
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Postby fbonito » 19 Apr 2012, 19:33

in the link you sent i get the message "Sorry, there has been a problem with reference number you've entered. Please try again." after inserting the number.

in the portuguese tracker i get the informarmation: Item received - 2012/04/04 - INTERNATIONAL RECEPTION - LANGLEY HWDC"
fbonito
CUSTOMER

Postby Mro » 23 Apr 2012, 14:04

You should try and contact royal mail via their twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/royalmail

Make sure you get rid of the track and trace code after they request for it, just a precaution.
Mro
CUSTOMER

Postby fbonito » 23 Apr 2012, 14:39

from twitter

"Hi, I'm sorry it's not arrived with you yet. Customs may be checking the item over at the moment, hopefully soon."

but they can't really know where it is...
fbonito
CUSTOMER

Postby POSTMAN » 23 Apr 2012, 23:08

It may just turn up,or it has been delivered but hasn't been scanned in,you could try and contact who you sent it to.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Postby fbonito » 23 Apr 2012, 23:20

hi, the receiver say that he didn't receive anything...

it was a ebay sale, now he is asking for a refund and the postal office don't give-me a concrete answer..

:-(
fbonito
CUSTOMER

Postby Mro » 24 Apr 2012, 10:46

Man, i know it sucks. I still haven't received my package yet, it's been stuck in HWDC Langley for over 25 days according to the tracking system. My supplier is willing to send a second package as long as i return the first package IF it arrives. That's a very big if..

I would suggest the last thing i did, which was contacting Royal Mail via e-mail. This might not be helpful but it's worth a shot:

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/contact-us
Mro
CUSTOMER

Postby fbonito » 24 Apr 2012, 11:23

thanks for the reply.

i already contacted royal mail, but they say that i need to contact the portuguese post... i've contacted the portuguese post and they say that i need to contact the royal mail...

they take over a week to respond anything and they say nothing... i would just like to know what is happening... :-(
fbonito
CUSTOMER

Postby Mro » 27 Apr 2012, 10:24

okay no, i don't think claims are possible because the operator was from abroad:

"Please note that we are only able to deal with claims where the item was posted with Royal Mail. If an item has been posted with or handled by another postal operator, or sent from outside of the UK, it will not be eligible for compensation from Royal Mail. "

Maybe you could show this to the postal service in portugal.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... ms-process
Mro
CUSTOMER

Postby PriestOfGix » 20 Aug 2012, 20:23

Did You get to receive your package? cause im in kinda of the same situation its been in customs for 22 days according to tracking system and it came from Portugal as well
PriestOfGix
CUSTOMER

Postby ruicsantos » 25 Aug 2012, 02:01

Me too. A package was sent to me and arrived in Langley ( as far as the Portuguese tracking number shows) in 18th August. Still nothing until today. Not the package and no letter from costums or informing me of something. I find this really ridiculous and a lack of respect for people. Royal Mail said that have no info. They say that could be any other shipping company responsible to deliver because my package (I told them) has 2 Kg. Tired to check parcelforce trace and track and ...nothing. So now what I am suppose to do? CTT in Portugal have nothing to do with it. The package is in Langley since 18 so the shipping company respnsible for delivering is the responsible!
ruicsantos
CUSTOMER

Postby Peter42y » 23 Jan 2013, 09:32

I have that problem also.
A package I sent arrived at LANGLEY HWDC , January 17.
Since then.., nothing. ( Its January the 23 ).
If the package is lost I mean I lost 400 euros. 336 British pounds.
Insurance? Portuguese Mail does not accept insured packages to the UK.
Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.
Peter42y
CUSTOMER

Postby TeeferTiger » 23 Jan 2013, 10:02

Peter42y wrote:I have that problem also.
A package I sent arrived at LANGLEY HWDC , January 17.
Since then.., nothing. ( Its January the 23 ).
If the package is lost I mean I lost 400 euros. 336 British pounds.
Insurance? Portuguese Mail does not accept insured packages to the UK.
Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.

And you've not considered that there may be a customs charge that's holding it up? And it's been there 6 days... some people have had things turn up after 6 weeks.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL

Postby TrueBlueTerrier » 23 Jan 2013, 16:39

Peter42y wrote:Great service, ladies and Gentlemen.

RoyalMailChat provides no service beyond allowing Posties and Customers to interact so please keep that in mind when asking for ADVICE. We cannot, with the best will, provide solutions as we are generally advising and interacting on our own time.
"The power of willful ignorance cannot be overstated"
Whilst we accept the ethos of Free Speech on RMC, members must recognise they take responsibility for what they post and an ill thought out comment can mean dismissal. https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ct2012.pdf
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Next

Return to CUSTOMERS