how long should first class standard take

Say your bit and ask us anything,eBayer's,general public,business........This is an open forum.
Forum rules
Please read our posting guidelines and new forum rules HERE If you would like to help the site funds please look HERE

how long should first class standard take

Postby pgtips911 » 11 May 2011, 19:42

i have read up on the royal mail site should be 3 days is this right
as far as i am aware of the parcel i am awaiting was posted friday at the end of the day, it will be too big for letterbox i thought i would of recived it by now ie van., i have read up on the royal mail site that you have to wait for up to 15 days and if not delivered them process a claim.
i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks
pgtips911
CUSTOMER

Re: how long should first class standard take

Postby Lounge Lizard » 11 May 2011, 19:49

pgtips911 wrote:i have read up on the royal mail site should be 3 days is this right
as far as i am aware of the parcel i am awaiting was posted friday at the end of the day, it will be too big for letterbox i thought i would of recived it by now ie van., i have read up on the royal mail site that you have to wait for up to 15 days and if not delivered them process a claim.
i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks

What do you mean by "first class standard",
"First Class Mail - we aim to deliver by the next working day"
or "Standard Parcels - we aim to deliver within three to five days!" ?
Lounge Lizard

1st class standard.

Postby pgtips911 » 11 May 2011, 19:56

i was told the parcel was posted standard 1st class, its bigger than the letter box and will have to come by van, im guessing then this is 4-5 days
pgtips911
CUSTOMER

Postby pgtips911 » 11 May 2011, 20:06

just contacted the guy who posted it and the person on the counter at the post office sent it the next thing from recored was first class standard its a parcel bigger than letter box prob weight about 2kg
pgtips911
CUSTOMER

Postby clashcityrocker » 11 May 2011, 20:24

pgtips911 wrote:i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks

Can someone go through the back and see where this parcel is.
Thanks. :left:
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
clashcityrocker

Postby Stormproof » 11 May 2011, 20:51

clashcityrocker wrote:
pgtips911 wrote:i am in bolton lancs if anyone can check for me on parcels on the system being ready to be posted to my address
7 briggs fold coattages
BL7 9PJ

many thanks

Can someone go through the back and see where this parcel is.
Thanks. :left:

I don't mean to sound rude but what planet do some people live on :crazy: :crazy:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets

Illegitimi non carborundum
Stormproof

Postby mazza111 » 12 May 2011, 09:57

Royal Mail will tell u it's working days that count, even though they work Saturdays, i don't think it's counted as a working day.

Beside the point, I would have expected you to have received it by now. As it's not sent by trackable method, I would suggest you contact your local delivery office and see if there's anything there awaiting collection. As for claiming from RM, that's up to the sender as it's him who has a contract with RM, not you, the recipient. You have the contract with the sender.... Read up on the Distance Selling Regulations.

As for tracking it, no chance. As previously stated, due to the way it was sent, there is no way anyone on here would be able to check it.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Postby pgtips911 » 12 May 2011, 21:43

i checked my local sorting office and still nothing has come into the system.
the parcel was posted from the midlands last thursday the 5th may
and its only coming to bolton lancs there is def something not right here.
but many thanks for your reply much app
pgtips911
CUSTOMER

Return to CUSTOMERS