ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Teletubby32 wrote:...........and if it's Royal Mail deliver some justice to the staff by way of their fists.
Well a different tack to the other thread but on a posties unofficial website its likely to get the same response.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Broxi51

Post by Broxi51 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Teletubby32 wrote:...........and if it's Royal Mail deliver some justice to the staff by way of their fists.
Well a different tack to the other thread but on a posties unofficial website its likely to get the same response.
Was going to reply but with her 2 posts on this thread it wouldnt have made for nice reading nor would it have been helpful so I counted to 10
and moved on to another thread.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Sorry, but I'm sure you can understand the anger and frustration. It is unacceptable for delays like this, and even more unacceptable to not have good customer service who can tell customers where their parcels are and why. If it's Amazons fault then tell us, we can direct our anger at them, if it's a Royal Mail failing then we have every right to be angry with Royal Mail staff, but just let us know where the fault lies.
Stormproof

Post by Stormproof »

Makes me laugh, people throwing their toys out of their pram. Its the postmans fault its snowing,its the postmans fault I was too lazy to go into town.....blah, blah, blah!. They arn't even worthy of a decent reply.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets

Illegitimi non carborundum
Free Forester

Post by Free Forester »

Yes to all this, but alot of orders were made BEFORE the snow. By the way, our postmen and ladies have delivered every day but one during this big freeze. Thank you all. But I wish they had been able to bring my long-delayed Amazon parcel.
Stormproof

Post by Stormproof »

FF I can confirm the Amazon stuff is flowing through the system. I sorted a lot more of their stuff this morning than I have all week.

Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Stormproof wrote:Makes me laugh, people throwing their toys out of their pram. Its the postmans fault its snowing,its the postmans fault I was too lazy to go into town.....blah, blah, blah!. They arn't even worthy of a decent reply.
Too lazy to go into town? Excuse me, but if we all went into town then there'd be a lot of postal staff out of work.

It isn't about being lazy though, sometimes you can't get certain items in town, or what you do want is twice the price or more in town.
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Stormproof wrote:FF I can confirm the Amazon stuff is flowing through the system. I sorted a lot more of their stuff this morning than I have all week.
So why then is my parcel from Amazon that was despatched on the 8th and scanned at the South West Distribution Centre on the 9th, still showing as being at SWDC 10 days later ? and there are hundreds of people just like me reporting exactly the same problem, some have even been waiting longer.
Stormproof

Post by Stormproof »

Teletubby32 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:FF I can confirm the Amazon stuff is flowing through the system. I sorted a lot more of their stuff this morning than I have all week.
So why then is my parcel from Amazon that was despatched on the 8th and scanned at the South West Distribution Centre on the 9th, still showing as being at SWDC 10 days later ? and there are hundreds of people just like me reporting exactly the same problem, some have even been waiting longer.
Why don't you actually take the time to read what I typed :cuppa

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Teletubby32 wrote:
Yes we know - just because we are posties does not mean we have not been affected . I have amazon packets outstanding since 6 Dec and I even got a nice email from their Managing Director apologising however I suppose the difference is I am not blaming the posties because I know they are working hard and can only do so much, but then my opinion is biased because I am a postie.

I have to say this UNOFFICIAL forum designed primarily to allow posties to discuss things has tried to help you despite your less than genial approach but as you seem to not want to accept our explanation there is not much more we can do is there.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Please note THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL CUSTOMER NOTICE.

With regards to the 1st bout of bad weather.

If you are having problems with a Royal Mail Tracked/Track and Trace item and it shows that is is either at a RDC(Regional Distribution Centre)or MC (Mail Centre) and it shows that it has been there for some time,then please note that the chances are it is not stuck there and that it has moved on but because of the weather previously,the current backlog and the extra xmas post it has not been updated on Royal Mail systems.

Although this is unofficial we are getting reports from front line posties that because of the huge backlog caused,a lot of the stuff has not been scanned in on parts of it's route which it should be,this is the main reason for the confusion/lack of information on Royal Mail's system.

There 'may' be occasions where the item is in the delivery office and has not been scanned yet as some offices still have a backlog.

Although not much help,most of the mail delayed due to the 1st bout of bad weather is probably ready or near ready to be delivered.
But now unfortunately we have a 2nd bout of bad weather which will slow things down again.
It is just a case of waiting.

Normal packets would be the same apart from the 'scanning' part,but weather permitting extra man hrs are being put in to clear them in some places.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Wow, we have some progress at long last, just checked track and trace again, and it now shows my parcel as "arrived at Warrington Mail Centre on the 2010-12-18, and is now on it's way to the local Delivery Office". Well now I know it is up here we can go and collect it tomorrow or Monday if they aren't open tomorrow, not waiting another 10 days while posties are frightened of a little snow.
DGP1

Post by DGP1 »

Teletubby32 wrote:Wow, we have some progress at long last, just checked track and trace again, and it now shows my parcel as "arrived at Warrington Mail Centre on the 2010-12-18, and is now on it's way to the local Delivery Office". Well now I know it is up here we can go and collect it tomorrow or Monday if they aren't open tomorrow, not waiting another 10 days while posties are frightened of a little snow.
With your attitude then I doubt they'll give you your packet.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Bazman

Post by Bazman »

Teletubby32 wrote:I too have had a parcel from Amazon that using track and trace shows it as being at the South West Distribution Centre since the 9th, it's been there for 9 days now and the status has never changed. It's completely unacceptable as this was items I ordered for christmas presents for family in Scotland and they are not now going to arrive in time. I've been onto Royal Mail but their customer service stinks, they can't tell me anything other than some rubbish about the weather causing delays (they should be able to look and confirm to me if my parcel is actually at SWDC or if it's been taken by some light fingered Royal Mail employee).

It does seem strange though that there are hundreds of people posting the exact same thing all over the net and it's all regarding Amazon orders, I've ordered numerous other things all at the same time as the Amazon stuff and it has all arrived, orders from HMV, Play.com, FeelUnique, PrezzieBox, Woolworths, all arrived within 3 days, so it is odd that only Amazon orders are not arriving. Someone suggested elsewhere that it could be Amazon have not paid Royal Mail and Royal Mail have refused to delivery their parcels until Amazon settle their account, does anyone else know if there is any truth in this? I've emailed Amazon 3 times and not had a reply, no-one else seems to be getting replies either, they are ignoring their customers. Lesson learnt anyway, I will never ever ever shop with Amazon again, never ever.
There's no truth with the Amazon thing. Amazon use the Royal Mail Tracked service for their own items. Other Amazon Marketplace items just go by the usual 1st/2nd class service.

The thing about Amazon is they they have litterally stopped sending stuff out from their Gourock depot. They have an ENORMOUS backlog of items and I heard a rumour about them laying off a bunch of casual staff that they had hired during the Chistmas rush. I have nothing to substantiate that though :|
IcanthelpthewayIam

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Bazman wrote:
Teletubby32 wrote:I too have had a parcel from Amazon that using track and trace shows it as being at the South West Distribution Centre since the 9th, it's been there for 9 days now and the status has never changed. It's completely unacceptable as this was items I ordered for christmas presents for family in Scotland and they are not now going to arrive in time. I've been onto Royal Mail but their customer service stinks, they can't tell me anything other than some rubbish about the weather causing delays (they should be able to look and confirm to me if my parcel is actually at SWDC or if it's been taken by some light fingered Royal Mail employee).

It does seem strange though that there are hundreds of people posting the exact same thing all over the net and it's all regarding Amazon orders, I've ordered numerous other things all at the same time as the Amazon stuff and it has all arrived, orders from HMV, Play.com, FeelUnique, PrezzieBox, Woolworths, all arrived within 3 days, so it is odd that only Amazon orders are not arriving. Someone suggested elsewhere that it could be Amazon have not paid Royal Mail and Royal Mail have refused to delivery their parcels until Amazon settle their account, does anyone else know if there is any truth in this? I've emailed Amazon 3 times and not had a reply, no-one else seems to be getting replies either, they are ignoring their customers. Lesson learnt anyway, I will never ever ever shop with Amazon again, never ever.
There's no truth with the Amazon thing. Amazon use the Royal Mail Tracked service for their own items. Other Amazon Marketplace items just go by the usual 1st/2nd class service.

The thing about Amazon is they they have litterally stopped sending stuff out from their Gourock depot. They have an ENORMOUS backlog of items and I heard a rumour about them laying off a bunch of casual staff that they had hired during the Chistmas rush. I have nothing to substantiate that though :|
they laid off quite a few members of staff in the middle of their night shift and basically told them to piss off and dont come back, in middle of nowhere with no public transport running at the time, rumours are they were suspected of being light fingured