Only given the session id, can I find the tracking number

Say your bit and ask us anything,eBayer's,general public,business........This is an open forum.
Forum rules
Please read our posting guidelines and new forum rules HERE If you would like to help the site funds please look HERE

Only given the session id, can I find the tracking number

Postby jammy » 21 Nov 2010, 18:27

Hi

An ebay seller has only told me the session id and not the tracking number. This should have been sent express48 (i.e. parcelforce). Is it possible to get the barcode number - obviously I will know the destination building number and postcode as it is mine. I only ask as they are a bit slow at replying to previous queries, and haven't given me the tracking number for the service which I paid for

PS I love the express48 service. I never understood why it's cheaper that that quoted on the PF website (not that I am complaining)

Cheers
Jammy
jammy
CUSTOMER

Re: Only given the session id, can I find the tracking numbe

Postby TrueBlueTerrier » 22 Nov 2010, 15:23

PF systems are similar if not the same as RM ones and unfortunately there is no way to tie down a Tracking number and an address on the RM system.

There are however a couple of PFWW guys on here hopefully they will see this thread and be able to add some insight.
"The power of willful ignorance cannot be overstated"
Whilst we accept the ethos of Free Speech on RMC, members must recognise they take responsibility for what they post and an ill thought out comment can mean dismissal. https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ct2012.pdf
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Postby 1969tonka » 22 Nov 2010, 17:46

try calling your local depot and give them your address details and they should be able to see if any parcels matching your criteria have been in the depot in the past 7 days.
1969tonka
PARCELFORCE

Postby jammy » 22 Nov 2010, 23:10

Cheers for your help guys

I haven't heard back from him yet and I don't have a problem with PF - It was just if I had the tracking number I could see if it was out for delivery today or not (I do have a lot of PF48's delivered next day)
jammy
CUSTOMER

Return to CUSTOMERS