ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Signed for Letters (Recorded Delivery)

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Signed for Letters (Recorded Delivery)

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"If you have an important item to deliver, our Recorded Signed For™ service gives you complete peace of mind with proof of posting and an electronic copy of the signature available online." is what Royal Mail advertises its Recorded Delivery service as, adding that its not for money or jewellery, so it looks as if they're failing with it this time. :sad:

not me

Post by not me »

Lounge Lizard wrote:"If you have an important item to deliver, our Recorded Signed For™ service gives you complete peace of mind with proof of posting and an electronic copy of the signature available online." is what Royal Mail advertises its Recorded Delivery service as, adding that its not for money or jewellery, so it looks as if they're failing with it this time. :sad:

Ive posted before about RD's
not so far back
we had PHG's who asked how many RD's you had
checked how many SD's you got
then the next day tallied your RD/SD count with the sigs on your card and P739'd items
obviously by default checking your cards were returned
this way you could see if they were any discrepancies the next day

now this is dieing out(dead?) so these checks are lost
skelly21

Post by skelly21 »

Just to let everyone who has helped or just followed this saga that today I received a reply to the letter sent on 14 May
so it was delivered but is still not showing on the track and trace.
Customer Services only want to treat them as delayed and then lost letters and gave me dates.
For instance the 14 May letter was due to be delivered by 19 May and a lost letter claim can be submitted on 3 June.
They will not answer questions they not want to answer, as they completely ignored my query about if they have access to the RM Intranet.
I suppose they are only operating within their guide lines but it is very frustrating.
I think I may submit a claim for refund of the 74p fee paid on each letter for the Signed For service.
I have to send another letter to the same address but I think I will use normal 1st class.
I have had another shock today though as a parcel has been sent to me by a carrier other than Parcel Force so its anyones guess when it will get here.
THanks again for all the help, it was appreciated
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

skelly21 wrote:Just to let everyone who has helped or just followed this saga that today I received a reply to the letter sent on 14 May
Customer Services only want to treat them as delayed and then lost letters and gave me dates.
For instance the 14 May letter was due to be delivered by 19 May and a lost letter claim can be submitted on 3 June.
They will not answer questions they not want to answer, as they completely ignored my query about if they have access to the RM Intranet.
I suppose they are only operating within their guide lines but it is very frustrating.
I think I may submit a claim for refund of the 74p fee paid on each letter for the Signed For service.
I have to send another letter to the same address but I think I will use normal 1st class.
I have had another shock today though as a parcel has been sent to me by a carrier other than Parcel Force so its anyones guess when it will get here.
You "have to send another letter to the same address but I think I will use normal 1st class" in which case get a Certificate of Posting, which is free, when you post it at a Post Office and then I think you can get up to £41 compensation if it goes missing the same as for a Recorded Delivery ( and much less than for a Special Dellivery ).
:Very Happy
That "it was delivered but is still not showing on the track and trace" suggests that the Recorded Delivery system isn't what it might be, as those posties who sometimes sign Recordeds themselves must be well aware. :sad:
not me

Post by not me »

skelly21 wrote:Just to let everyone who has helped or just followed this saga that today I received a reply to the letter sent on 14 May

Submit your claim and you will most likely get a book of 12 1st class stamps
which puts you in profit (for the costs of using RM at least)