ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

discrimination by angard consultant

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
angardcrap

discrimination by angard consultant

Post by angardcrap »

Hi, I am working for Angard and 10-15 group of peoples getting call every day for work by Angard consultation. She is an asian and all peoples are getting called they are asian as well. Do you think you are being discrimination by your angard consultant? Because same peoples getting more hours than you regularly. And how to deal this kind of situation?

wearewolves
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: discrimination by angard consultant

Post by wearewolves »

Which depot?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

angardcrap wrote:Hi, I am working for Angard and 10-15 group of peoples getting call every day for work by Angard consultation. She is an asian and all peoples are getting called they are asian as well. Do you think you are being discrimination by your angard consultant? Because same peoples getting more hours than you regularly. And how to deal this kind of situation?
Doubtful as there would be an easily identifiable record, but not impossible. If you are concerned and in the Union you could raise it with your rep as a low level enquiry . If you then decide to take it further you'll need to gather evidence before taking any further action, like an ET or reporting to further up the Angard chain of command.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
angardcrap

Post by angardcrap »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
angardcrap wrote:Hi, I am working for Angard and 10-15 group of peoples getting call every day for work by Angard consultation. She is an asian and all peoples are getting called they are asian as well. Do you think you are being discrimination by your angard consultant? Because same peoples getting more hours than you regularly. And how to deal this kind of situation?
Doubtful as there would be an easily identifiable record, but not impossible. If you are concerned and in the Union you could raise it with your rep as a low level enquiry . If you then decide to take it further you'll need to gather evidence before taking any further action, like an ET or reporting to further up the Angard chain of command.
Hi, We all working at NDC, Crick. For record If her manager check every day timesheet, they will find same peoples name inside. or if manager check all phone conversation recording they will easily find unfairness treatment to all angard employee at NDC. we all Employee (from all race) working with each other without any problem in NDC. we have no problem at work place but only Angard consultant who dealing with us she is trying to break our trust and small community without any realising.
sabb786

Post by sabb786 »

Hi,If is true then its very very sad for you and Angard.
cosi1259

Post by cosi1259 »

i can confirm this is true and it is alive and flourishing in wales
1 turned up for my 1 shift a fortnight on average
2 17 members of angard on shift
3 of which 5 are doing 12 hour shift
4 15 out of the 17 on shift do not have an English or welsh name
5 out of the 17 only 4 could be classed anything like british
6 1 mixed race and 1 white face on shift
and they say there is no discrimination going on ,well if that's not discrimination I would hate to see what is
update
got so hacked off put in complaint lets see how they deal with that . next stop union and ACAS current fine is about £5000 for any breach of working regulations and that includes discrimination by means of race or religion . if they want to play the race card, they got to remember that it works both ways
cazz30

Post by cazz30 »

Yes this news is commonplace now. The said one who is asian is said to give her personal number to a select few. They think we do not talk to each other. This is a fact that a select few get loads of shifts than others
rajamiah

Post by rajamiah »

I am of Asian origin and I agree that there is a small group of mainly Asians seems to always gets the shifts.
No doubt there is a cliché who always seems to get shifts. I normally get few hours every other week. When I rang her up I am often told not to ring her otherwise she will block me from work and that she had sent me texts that I never received. As an Angard casual I don't have a union and am seriously considering taking this up with the Equal Opportunities Commission who will b able to carry out a thorough investigation.
another one

Post by another one »

http://www.cwu.org/angard.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Angard Staffing Solutions is an employment agency owned by Royal Mail Group. CWU is the union for Angard workers and we represent Angard workers on a range of issues. To join the CWU click >here<
CWU members employed by Angard working on delivery are looked after by the Deputy General Secretary's department
As in all cases, your local CWU branch or workplace representative should be your first port of call, as they are in a much better position to deal with local issues. Find your local rep on our branch directory.
If you're employed by Angard and need to contact headquarters, please contact Janina Dunn at mailto:jdunn@cwu.org or on 020 8971 7303.