ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon to create more than 120 new jobs with new delivery centre at Trentham Lakes

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon to create more than 120 new jobs with new delivery centre at Trentham Lakes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/amazon-t ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GLOBAL logistics giant Amazon is delivering more than 120 new jobs – with the opening of a delivery centre.

Amazon Logistics, the delivery branch of the online retailer, has snapped up the empty Big Stan warehouse in Trentham Lakes.

Twenty new recruits will work at the new station which will store packages destined for customers.

Amazon will use eight independent delivery companies, hiring more than 100 drivers, to deliver parcels to homes and businesses in the Stoke-on-Trent area.

UK Director Jamie Stephenson said: "Amazon Logistics adds capacity and flexibility to Amazon's delivery network, enabling us to meet the delivery needs of customers. We are also helping independent local delivery companies to grow their businesses by providing state-of-the-art technology to deliver Amazon orders."

Business experts today welcomed such a big-name firm moving to Stoke-on-Trent.

Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce deputy chief executive Jane Gratton said: "This is really good news for the area and will bring benefits to other local businesses as well.

"One of the great benefits of setting up in the city is its geographical location. We are right in the centre of the country and we have good transport links enabling businesses to access key markets both in the UK and abroad.

"Stoke-on-Trent is an ideal base for manufacturers or service companies which have distribution centres and we are seeing a trend in companies setting up or relocating here.

"A high-profile brand such as Amazon will be a draw for job-seekers as well."

Amazon already has a presence in Staffordshire – with its Rugeley headquarters employing more than 1,200 workers.

Paul Williams, head of the Business School at Staffordshire University, said: "Having a global organisation such as Amazon opening a delivery site provides further endorsement that the area is competitively connected which is arguably one of Stoke-on-Trent's key strategic strengths.

"It is also recognition of growing business confidence which augurs well for the promotion of other inward investment and business development opportunities."

Amazon has lodged plans with Stoke-on-Trent City Council to put up its own signs on the Trentham Trade Park warehouse, off Stanley Matthews Way.

It is hoped the unit will open later this year.

Amazon customer Chris James, aged 25, of Hanley, said: "I love using Amazon. It is cheap and very quick at delivering items. Having a base in the city can only be a good thing."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."