ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

USPS orders 9,000 delivery vans from Fiat Chrysler

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

USPS orders 9,000 delivery vans from Fiat Chrysler

Post by POSTMAN »

http://postandparcel.info/68316/news/us ... hrysler-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has ordered 9,113 Ram ProMaster cargo vans from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA).

In a statement issued by FCA yesterday (29 September), Bob Hegbloom, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand – FCA US, said: “The Ram ProMaster is suited to meet the challenging demands of a USPS delivery vehicle.”

The 2016 Ram ProMaster 2500 cargo van selected by USPS features a gasoline-fueled 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 engine rated at 280-horsepower and six-speed automatic transmission.

The vehicle offers electronic stability control, as well as a ParkView rear backup camera and ParkSense rear park assist with audible warning.

Tim Kuniskis, Vice President – Fleet Operations, FCA – North America, commented: “While each and every one of our fleet customers is important to us, none command our attention like USPS.

“I can’t think of another more mission-critical service than literally delivering the goods of our nation on a daily basis, and we are honored that USPS chose the Ram ProMaster to help them meet their challenging duty.”

USPS uses an estimated 190,000 vehicles to collect and deliver mail, including about 142,000 long-life vehicles (LLVs). The Ram ProMaster order is independent of USPS’ acquisition program to supply the next generation of its delivery vehicles.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

DGP1

Re: USPS orders 9,000 delivery vans from Fiat Chrysler

Post by DGP1 »

I hope they get the DPF regen instructions :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio