ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Pensions Bulletin 3

09 Feb 2017, 11:00

:wave :wave

No 1 viewtopic.php?f=27&t=75928

No 2 viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77760
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pensions Bulletin 3

09 Feb 2017, 20:31

well I'm up for a good old fight. I'm voting to back the union 100%

Pensions Bulletin 3

09 Feb 2017, 22:24

If it goes to ballot for strike action, I hope they do the sensible thing first and go for a work to rule, no overtime strike rather than an all out strike. I believe this way would be twofold best, a. You don't lose any or as much money and b. It would give those above a better idea of just how much the business relies on overtime and members willingness to do it.

Pensions Bulletin 3

13 Feb 2017, 09:22

Were we provided with a pension bulletin 1 and 2 as well?

Pensions Bulletin 3

13 Feb 2017, 15:30

TheHappyPostman wrote:Were we provided with a pension bulletin 1 and 2 as well?

Err yes - you can find them using the search facility

But here are links:

No 1 viewtopic.php?f=27&t=75928

No 2 viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77760

Pensions Bulletin 3

13 Feb 2017, 20:17

theres no point paying in it anymore. you would get more if you just saved the 25 pound per week. on the strike. no one drawing the pension would walk out, no one on the new pension they are trying to put us on would walk out/ so in each office that's about 50 percent who would not walk out on strike. I rang the union up today for help and got told the royal mail rep was not at his desk. and call back later I did and he was still not back. I job has changed so much over the last five years I dredd working there. such a shame. I hope they don't change the pension, but with all the people who have left and drawing it early there is not enough people left to keep it going.

Pensions Bulletin 3

14 Feb 2017, 05:01

Supersonicvandriver wrote:theres no point paying in it anymore. you would get more if you just saved the 25 pound per week.

How do you work that one out? :arrrghhh

Taking tax relief and PSE into account, your £25 per week will only be reducing your take home pay by £17, plus you’ll be getting another £41 per week off RM. Over 12 months that’s over £2,500 in ‘free money’.

With the flexibilities that DC pensions offer, it may be possible to access all your pot tax free, depending on circumstances and how you manage it.

The proposed new pension arrangements are crap compared to the current RMPP, but anyone who opts out is just kicking themselves in the balls!

Pensions Bulletin 3

14 Feb 2017, 08:16

Are they official as nothing this good seems to be filtering to the units.
Only place I've seen them.

Pensions Bulletin 3

14 Feb 2017, 23:19

Destiny wrote:Are they official as nothing this good seems to be filtering to the units.
Only place I've seen them.

Don't think so, there is no official CWU 'branding' on the bulletin, no contact details, no names etc. just
it's produced by the 'Fight to Save Our Pensions Committee' and this BB is the only place I've seen it, so
it's not coming through official Union communication channels. However for me, relevant and
apparently well researched facts/figures are clearly presented (and as you say we're not getting anything from anywhere else!!)
and it may originate from someone who is more genned up than the average member on what is happening
'on the inside', but without any provenance evidence it's always wise to do your own research too.

As a DC member it's the first time that I've seen it stated that the Union want to '.....persuade RM for a DB scheme
for all.....', rather than 'In addition, the CWU must start improving the unagreed Defined Contribution Scheme which has 40,000 members.'
Whether this is true or not - make up your own mind........

Pensions Bulletin 3

15 Feb 2017, 01:13

They are from London ("A communication by the Defending your Pensions Campaign Committee":@bulletin num1)
It gets sent to many others around the country, possibly all the DIV's and PEC peeps ect.

What they do with it is anybody's guess.

Pensions Bulletin 3

18 Feb 2017, 21:19

As one the authors it is printed and sent out to all workplaces in London to be given to the members. Additionally it is sent to all Divisional Reps , PEC and National officers.

Pensions Bulletin 3

18 Feb 2017, 21:28

dingo wrote:As one the authors it is printed and sent out to all workplaces in London to be given to the members. Additionally it is sent to all Divisional Reps , PEC and National officers.

Unless you are on rm chat yoi hear nothing from cwu about anything our area rep is absolutely clueless. never puts up ltb,s on union board members dont know what is going on ever. recently had a vote of no confidence in him but steadfastly refusing to step aside.

Pensions Bulletin 3

19 Feb 2017, 08:32

dingo wrote:As one the authors it is printed and sent out to all workplaces in London to be given to the members. Additionally it is sent to all Divisional Reps , PEC and National officers.

With respect what's the point in div reps having this information if it's not viewable by those who should be.
Cannot someone explain what needs to be done with it to them as they seem unable to or a copy sent to unit reps to print off.

Pensions Bulletin 3

19 Feb 2017, 12:11

As a Divisional Rep , I know many of the Divisional Reps have sent it out to the Branch's , we have had several requests for us to get extra printing done for their members.

Pensions Bulletin 3

19 Feb 2017, 18:40

We got a small number in our office of Bulletin 3. Not the others though. Not sure anyone but me read it though! :roll:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2