ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Notice Required for Retirement

08 Feb 2017, 22:17

Been trying to find the answer to this question.

I assume the pensions people at Chesterfield need to be informed first (or is it LDO initially?). Being weekly paid I would assume that it has to be at least 1 week but needs to be more if, and when, I take all my pensions so that Chesterfield can get things set up. Also once I have informed whomever I assume you cannot subsequently change your mind.

09 Feb 2017, 15:19

If you’re planning on retiring/taking your pension at Normal Retirement Age(60 or 65) then the people at Chesterfield should write to you about 4 months beforehand. If you’re going to take your pension earlier, then I suggest you get in touch with them a similar amount of time before your planned leaving date.

Once your pension is all sorted then all you need to do is put in your weeks’ notice at your office.

There is some reading matter in the library section of the pensions website: http://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/

10 Feb 2017, 06:27

RobertT wrote:If you’re planning on retiring/taking your pension at Normal Retirement Age(60 or 65) then the people at Chesterfield should write to you about 4 months beforehand. If you’re going to take your pension earlier, then I suggest you get in touch with them a similar amount of time before your planned leaving date.

Once your pension is all sorted then all you need to do is put in your weeks’ notice at your office.

There is some reading matter in the library section of the pensions website: http://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/

Yes re-read the bit for retiring between 60-65 and makes sense now thanks Robert. I'm pretty certain that I could (if I want) make a decision some months ahead as to when I draw all my pensions and leave the exact date as to when i stop working until week(s) before that final decision (which suits me). For many people the two events of (a) drawing pension (b) ceasing work will coincide although this need not necessarily be so. Nice to have that flexibility. :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1