ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Lorry driver

06 May 2017, 14:53

Hi all,
I have applied to do the national training to get my C+E licence. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas what the salary is after successful completion say for a Gatwick based driver compared to a postie.

Just curious more then anything! Thanks all.

Lorry driver

06 May 2017, 17:03

Kirsty952002 wrote:Hi all,
I have applied to do the national training to get my C+E licence. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas what the salary is after successful completion say for a Gatwick based driver compared to a postie.

Just curious more then anything! Thanks all.

Funny..I just handed my notice in yesterday, i do my course in 2 weeks time and have been lucky in securing a position already, the money is much much better than I'm getting at the moment as a postman, though as i said i have been a bit fortuitous. I did look into how much a class C agency driver could earn per hour, it was around the £15ph mark, i think this is how most people start out for the experience.

Good luck!

Lorry driver

06 May 2017, 17:12

That is a lot better. Thanks, I'm an ex bus driver so hopefully that stands me in good stead on getting on the course. Good luck with your venture!

Lorry driver

07 May 2017, 02:01

I am a voc driver. The salary for C+E is circa £29k plus a shift allowance of up to £4.4k for nights + overtime (usually built in to the duty) and for Gatwick there may be an outer London weighting payment on top of that. It's not a job for the faint hearted when dealing wiv shocking road manners and twats near PRDC I'm afraid! good luck but be aware

Lorry driver

07 May 2017, 08:45

Currently applied for this years opening. I apllied last year but got knocked back. If unsuccessful this times I will probably fund it myself. I already have my class 2. Just need C+E and CPC. When I do eventually gain these I only want to work for RM. Been on deliveries for 15 years now and fancy a change, plus the wage is a lot better. I did over £30k last year but that was will a lot of overtime.

Lorry driver

08 May 2017, 22:49

Basic of £29,201 based on a 36 hour 15 mins week. Don't get paid for breaks though.

Lorry driver

11 May 2017, 16:22

I have my CPC, still valid for a year....from my time on the buses! Thank you for all your responses :nana

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1