ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

HWDC secures WCM Gold status

16 Mar 2017, 12:59

So here it is, my office has secured WCM Gold status.
So expect more job cuts and lapsed duties.
Don't forget we'll need loads of savings to be made for all the promotions for the cronies that were involved in the farce.

16 Mar 2017, 23:59

Most staff are not bother about this and not happy too because we know we won't get extra bonus or a day off for achieving it. Not sure about jobs cut because in our last town hall meeting someone was asking about VR and he said no despite planning to put new machines and i-carts to push yorks instead of staff doing it. So what will happen to many displaced staff going to do? Plus mail volume will drop further.

Just recently many of us are envy about Mount Pleasant MC are offering VR, Transfer or Buy Down hours and in fact many of us here want those options in HWDC but was denied from it so that upset a lot of staff and once again not able to make plans for the future here. Still waiting to know when Flats and Letters will be exiting this year because that we should be offered Transfers, VR, EVR, Buy down hours or change duty.

Not sure why we got Gold when we got out of date machines that kept breaking down often, declining mail volumes, blocked toliets, not clean place and very noisy too, also lot of wasted lightning and machine running while no staff is on duty. Only the front offices and canteen are clean, quiet and nice areas.

18 Mar 2017, 00:31

I was told that the big packet machine at HWDC is being ripped out soon. I thought WCM was dead and buried

18 Mar 2017, 08:03

Are the small packets that get sent to MCs sorted by hand or by machine? You can often expect at least half a dozen missorts in every sleeve from HWDC and ILC

18 Mar 2017, 09:24

From what I heard they do a lot from outdated PSM, and many smal packets come to flats to sort and lately letters so as to inflate the dwindling figures since it been dropping very low, the actual pure flat letters figures should be around 15-25k a day but mostly in the 40k due to packets and letters. Used to be 60-70k a day 2 years ago and they were mostly pure flats. Not sure how we get a Gold when you getting many missorts from HWDC and ILC and dwindling figures. I notice FSM machine used 2-3 stickers rolls a day but now around 2-3 rolls per week! Only run for 3-4 hours instead of full 5-7 hours per day 2 years ago.

18 Mar 2017, 14:50

Small packets are sorted by hand.

Mech letters will be sent out to jubilee on a trial, not sure when it's due to start.

PSM is hardly used for import mail, it is running on nights for export mail.

They have a plan to remove it and replace it with something else it's an enormous machine, easily 100 metres long, and needs 50 - 60 staff to run it in full operating mode.

I doubt it that Mount Pleasant are happy that they are having a VR excersise as it's not good news.

There may be a few staff that will be interested but not the numbers that they're asking for.

If you are hoping for an extra bonus or holiday for achieving WCM Gold then, you really don't understand what WCM is all about. That's for the lazy sods that are on this, getting night shift allowance and any annual leave authorised that they want. If you could draw pictures then you should've put your name forward probably bit late now unless we go for Platinum! lol.

Reduced mail flow and traffic volumes, every time there's an audit. How many time before the coincidence becomes a phenomena.lol

Cost savings by making staff do more work by not covering vacant duties.

New wonderful ideas that reduce the amount of staff needed to perform a task, which normally doesn't work.

Accident reporting, is non existent as staff are to scared for reprisals and bullying by management.

We've had loads of accidents where the employee has been charged for being culpable, so that would go against WCM Gold, as they need to show Zero accidents for like a year or more after getting Silver to be able to be eligible to apply for Gold. I believe that some have not even been recorded as accidents.

We all know that there's a decline in letters and large letters but this stream still accounts for 60% of Royal Mails yearly revenue.

it's been a busy morning, better go and sort some mail. lol

18 Mar 2017, 21:35

What range of packet sizes get sorted on the PCM?

19 Mar 2017, 08:39

SpacePhoenix wrote:What range of packet sizes get sorted on the PCM?

The ideal size is that of a shoe box and weight up to 2kg. Smaller packets also get sorted on it but very small 'China Parcels' can not as they would fly off the sorter or will get stuck in the machine.

The whole point and purpose of WCM is to create high level jobs for cronies and their lackeys among the posties. Not a days worth of work done by these people in 7 years. They came up with stupid ideas like those ramps for yorks that are trip-hazards everywhere and keep breaking down. You have to press both pedals to pull out a york. If I had three legs I wouldn't mind but I've got only two and need them to keep myself perpendicular. The york tippers don't tip. You have to send them up down many times before they empty their load (no pun intended).

ILC was another WCM idea. What a shambles. Must have cost millions. On the plus side it created brand new layers and layers of managers, shift managers, directors and what not for the cronies. They employed around 10 managers and many of them external recruits, a few years back. All the external people have left effing and blinding. The guy on dock doors on late shift would not stop swearing. He left too. I think he came from TNT and found HWDC worse which is saying something. He said to me that none of the managers knew what they were doing and the higher management kept on chopping and changing things without informing anybody. Jobsworths abound!

Managers were begging staff on night shift to write good things about them in HYS/ EOS survey last week. They want us to forget how they gang up on vulnerable individuals like a mafia and leave strong characters alone. Still loads of fun and games in tribunals and courts.

I received my letter congratulating me on winning gold (who? me????) within 20 hours of the end of the audit. So somebody wrote the letter, printed 2000 copies and folded them and put them in envelopes, sealed the envelopes and posted them after 10 AM when the audit finished and it reached me first thing next morning. Almost faster than my email! Everybody is saying that the letters and score-card were already printed and enveloped as they already knew the score in detail and the result well before the audit. World Class Manufacturing, the organisation responsible for this very prestigious industry standard would have something to say if everything at HWDC were a sham and the audit was conducted by the guy form the corner shop wrapped up in a hired suite! :left:

19 Mar 2017, 09:05

Solystic's CPS machine is probably better suited for RM, with anything shoebox sized or bigger being sorted by hand

19 Mar 2017, 15:18

SpacePhoenix wrote:Solystic's CPS machine is probably better suited for RM, with anything shoebox sized or bigger being sorted by hand

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwmNuBVOBY

I can imagine our managers pushing staff to pile packets up on this delicate little thing till it collapses under their weight. There is a common saying about a certain night shift section lead and weekend nights shift manager, "whatever he touches, he turns it into a donkey." But he is not the only one to perform this miracle. There are others.

19 Mar 2017, 20:47

Radio wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Solystic's CPS machine is probably better suited for RM, with anything shoebox sized or bigger being sorted by hand

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwmNuBVOBY

I can imagine our managers pushing staff to pile packets up on this delicate little thing till it collapses under their weight. There is a common saying about a certain night shift section lead and weekend nights shift manager, "whatever he touches, he turns it into a donkey." But he is not the only one to perform this miracle. There are others.

Yep, that one. Even smaller MCs should be able to fit a couple in

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1