ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Useless managers!

22 Feb 2017, 00:47

Last week i witnessed something which to me really summed up the drastic downfall of Royal Mail. Our manager was sorting packets with us as it was busy and as usual there was not enough staff due to staffing budgets, he was busy flinging packets everywhere, completely missing the yorks and landing on the floor. Any normal sorter worth his salt would pick them up but, no, not this manager. He just ignored them and left 6 packets on the floor, i thought that was bad enough until another dopey, lazy sorter proceeded to stand on and push a york over the packets leaving both wheel and foot prints on the packet. This is the sort of s**t I have to deal with on a daily basis, no pun intended.

Over the 14 years i've worked for Royal Mail I've seen standards drop and drop, getting rid of any kind of sorting test was a big one for me but now I've had enough. I'm embarrased to work for Royal Mail, I wish they'd close our mail centre just so I could see the useless, lazy f***ers I work with try and get another job.

Useless managers!

22 Feb 2017, 20:05

You should have picked those parcels yourself mate. Its what I do if I see any and what my coleagues do.
Maybe we are lucky :)

Useless managers!

24 Feb 2017, 12:31

Janet Brum wrote:You should have picked those parcels yourself mate. Its what I do if I see any and what my coleagues do.
Maybe we are lucky :)

If you think I'm picking stuff up off the floor just because people can't be bothered to do it themselves you have a screw loose, I'm not a mug

Useless managers!

24 Feb 2017, 18:23

Pot kettle and black springs to mind.
Step back and look at what you have written.

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Useless managers!

24 Feb 2017, 21:15

Nah, he`s just lazy and likes the whinning :crazy:

Useless managers!

25 Feb 2017, 19:30

Janet Brum wrote:Nah, he`s just lazy and likes the whinning :crazy:

Let's just get this straight, you're calling ME lazy for not picking up packets that OTHER PEOPLE have thrown on the floor? What fuckimg planet are you on? I wouldn't dream of expecting other people to pick up packets that I'd thrown on the floor, I'd do it myself. Typical brainless brummy, this is exactly why I hate working at Royal Mail, it's full of brainless dickheads.

Useless managers!

25 Feb 2017, 22:21

wowiezowie wrote:

Let's just get this straight, you're calling ME lazy for not picking up packets that OTHER PEOPLE have thrown on the floor? What fuckimg planet are you on? I wouldn't dream of expecting other people to pick up packets that I'd thrown on the floor, I'd do it myself. Typical brainless brummy, this is exactly why I hate working at Royal Mail, it's full of brainless dickheads.

A - Chill out and calm down

B - If you hate it that much then leave - no one is stopping you.

C - As the song goes the female of the species really is more deadly than the male !

Useless managers!

26 Feb 2017, 13:01

wowiezowie wrote:

DO NOT ABUSE PEOPLE WITH EXPLETIVES ITS AGAINST THE RULES. BEING CALLED LAZY IS NOT ENOUGH REASON FOR THE LEVEL OF ABUSE IN YOUR POST

Useless managers!

26 Feb 2017, 14:26

I would imagine the right thing to do would be to pick up the packets ( professional pride ) and have a word with the "manager" about said professional pride, safeguarding the customers mail and setting an example for his/her staff to follow. Of course that would have taken a bit more courage than anonymously abusing someone on t'internet.

Useless managers!

26 Feb 2017, 22:27

wowiezowie wrote:

Yeah. let`s get it straight :)

In my do it happens every morning, lots of parcels miss the yorks and land on the floor, and so what? Whoever its close its just picking it up without any problem and without moanings.
It seems to me that you have other issues against your manager wich is fair enough but why you rant here about him throwing parcels and then get offended if someone tells you to pick them up yourself like your other coleagues do?
Did I mention there is no need for offending me just because I`m a woman and you can do it behind your screen? I didnt, thanks to the forum members who did.
Btw, I like your nickname, wowiezowie. I used google to find out what it means :) Didn`t expect less from you.
Peace :wave

PS. I`m not a Brummie, I just live and work here :)
Same as you, in a different town.
Too much anger is not good, trust auntie Janet :)

Useless managers!

05 Mar 2017, 20:55

wowiezowie wrote:Last week i witnessed something which to me really summed up the drastic downfall of Royal Mail. Our manager was sorting packets with us as it was busy and as usual there was not enough staff due to staffing budgets, he was busy flinging packets everywhere, completely missing the yorks and landing on the floor. Any normal sorter worth his salt would pick them up but, no, not this manager. He just ignored them and left 6 packets on the floor, i thought that was bad enough until another dopey, lazy sorter proceeded to stand on and push a york over the packets leaving both wheel and foot prints on the packet. This is the sort of s**t I have to deal with on a daily basis, no pun intended.

Over the 14 years i've worked for Royal Mail I've seen standards drop and drop, getting rid of any kind of sorting test was a big one for me but now I've had enough. I'm embarrased to work for Royal Mail, I wish they'd close our mail centre just so I could see the useless, lazy f***ers I work with try and get another job.

Learn to turn a blind eye and keep schtum- same as everyone else

Useless managers!

14 Mar 2017, 23:45

Sad thread...

Anyway, I'd pulled up the so called manager, and any other fuckwank that does it.

But that's me.

Useless managers!

19 Mar 2017, 23:55

Nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

We got a couple of the "trainee" or part-time managers that seem to forget that they are suppose to work too - what I mean is that when the full-time ones are in then they always seen to try and go for the real easy jobs - pushing alts and telling normal staff what to do or scanning the tracked post especially as they are also supposed to do the sorting, the warehouse and a couple of other jobs. It kinda of got really noticed that last night that I got drafted into unloading warehouse lorries all night and pulled my shoulder which was obvious to other members of staff and then I got told to go and load the final lorry by the part-time manager when it known that he was floating about chatting with a full-time manager mostly all night in the warehouse office and was well-known that he hated doing the lorries of the weekend Warehouse shift.

Also same thing is happening is there's a kinda-of clique going on in that certain people still get the really easy jobs all of the time.

Have to see what happens but getting a bit fed up about this and got to start thinking about my next move.

Useless managers!

16 Apr 2017, 21:25

Borusa1976 wrote:Nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

We got a couple of the "trainee" or part-time managers that seem to forget that they are suppose to work too - what I mean is that when the full-time ones are in then they always seen to try and go for the real easy jobs - pushing alts and telling normal staff what to do or scanning the tracked post especially as they are also supposed to do the sorting, the warehouse and a couple of other jobs. It kinda of got really noticed that last night that I got drafted into unloading warehouse lorries all night and pulled my shoulder which was obvious to other members of staff and then I got told to go and load the final lorry by the part-time manager when it known that he was floating about chatting with a full-time manager mostly all night in the warehouse office and was well-known that he hated doing the lorries of the weekend Warehouse shift.

Also same thing is happening is there's a kinda-of clique going on in that certain people still get the really easy jobs all of the time.

Have to see what happens but getting a bit fed up about this and got to start thinking about my next move.

Are you expecting the manager to unload the lorry?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1