ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Bank holiday working options

05 Jan 2017, 18:07

Hi just worked the christmas bank holidays. I think I chose option B. Can someone tell me what the difference is in A and B.
Many thanks

05 Jan 2017, 22:38

Meadow23 wrote:Hi just worked the christmas bank holidays. I think I chose option B. Can someone tell me what the difference is in A and B.
Many thanks

option a is get paid for the day and option b is you get a day in lieu.

05 Jan 2017, 23:09

Thanks for replying. There was a bit of confusion between a few of us.

05 Jan 2017, 23:19

Meadow23 wrote:Thanks for replying. There was a bit of confusion between a few of us.

Although just thinking could be other way round but that is the 2 options either get paid for the day at a slightly enhanced rate or take a day in lieu.

08 Jan 2017, 14:47

What role were you doing if you don't mind me asking?

09 Jan 2017, 10:18

Option A £9.37 hr + day off
Option B £15.63 hr

13 Mar 2017, 22:55

My manager has told me that I must work at least 6 hours on a Bank Holiday to enable me to claim a lower overtime rate & a day off in lieu. I have been told by my union rep that it is 4 hours. Can someone advise me which it is?

Thanks
Tom

13 Mar 2017, 23:40

thomas1960 wrote:My manager has told me that I must work at least 6 hours on a Bank Holiday to enable me to claim a lower overtime rate & a day off in lieu. I have been told by my union rep that it is 4 hours. Can someone advise me which it is?

Thanks
Tom

think rep is right.

06 Apr 2017, 16:07

it's more than 2hrs so 2 hrs and 1 min on a bank holiday then you can claim a day in lieu, pro rata for part timers, if 1 remember correctly. so the manager and rep are both wrong, unless it's changed.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1