ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : INFORMATION ON SEVERE WEATHER THREADS... HERE

Mail centre transfers

27 Dec 2016, 05:04

I know its probably been asked a lot before but what are the chances these days of transferring between mail centres? I am in the Home Counties and would like to get to Southampton. I have basically been told by the union that there's no chance. Is this the general view?
Many thanks in advance

Mail centre transfers

27 Dec 2016, 06:47

Long term my gut feeling is that Home Counties is a safer site then Southampton. If you look on Google Earth, you'll see that SO MC is right next to the airport in a prime location should the airport wish to expand its terminal capacity

Mail centre transfers

27 Dec 2016, 07:36

Ah. That's something to think about.

Mail centre transfers

27 Dec 2016, 07:37

But how likely is that?

Mail centre transfers

29 Dec 2016, 17:51

POMC was integrated into SOMC in April this year.
With all the money spent refurbishing and extending the only guarantee is that at some point within 5 years SOMC will close to merge with Dorset MC.

:cuppa

Mail centre transfers

29 Dec 2016, 17:57

midegarelu wrote:POMC was integrated into SOMC in April this year.
With all the money spent refurbishing and extending the only guarantee is that at some point within 5 years SOMC will close to merge with Dorset MC.

:cuppa

It wouldn't surprise me to see both DMC and SOMC close in the next 5 years and the combined lot moved into a new build with more automation (inc some sort of automation of packet sorting)