ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail driver's shock as large tree comes crashing down

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/article. ... hyear=2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A POSTWOMAN has described her shock after seeing a large tree fall right in front of her van while doing her rounds in Aberporth last week.

The Royal Mail driver – who didn’t want to be named – was delivering post to the Cae Dolwen estate on Thursday morning when the tree overhanging nearby Rhiw Rofft suddenly toppled with a large crash causing residents to run out of their houses.

“I was just about to drive out of the estate when I saw it come down in front of me,” she told the Cambrian News. “I just couldn’t believe it.

“A couple of women walkers were coming up the hill at the time and it fell right in front of them – they really had a lucky escape.”

The B road linking Parcllyn and Aberporth was closed for several hours following the incident.

One resident said: “This could have been very serious – what worries us is that there are other trees along that bank that could come down as well.”

Local county councillor Gethin Davies inspected the scene later that day after the tree had been sawn up and removed by Ceredigion County Council workmen.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Quiet news day. :cuppa
I've had bigger trees than that crashed down in front of my van. :thumbup
Nigel1505

Post by Nigel1505 »

Pity it didn't come down on our Office, might have woken our DoM up to the fact that we are failing every day. :thumbup