ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

CCTV footage caught this Sevenoaks postman delivering a truly first class service

18 May 2017, 13:57

http://www.kentlive.news/this-sevenoaks ... story.html

With wet weather, dangerous dogs and illegible handwriting to contend with, life as postman must seem a thankless task at times.

But a Royal Mail worker in Sevenoaks is today getting some well-earned praise after being caught taking the meaning of "first class" to a new level.

The postman was working in the north of the town yesterday when his thoughtful actions were picked up on CCTV.

The video shows the man delivering letters as normal but then he spots a piece of clothing which had fallen onto the grass from the washing line.

The postie spots an item of clothing which had fallen to the floor

Instead of walking past and continuing with his busy schedule, he takes the time to peg the shirt back onto the line before carrying on his round.

The shirt is hung back on the washing line

Wanting to acknowledge the good deed is Guy McLaughlin, who tweeted the video to Royal Mail after reviewing his home CCTV recordings.

Guy, 37, told Kent Live: "He is a new postman, he isn't the regular one and this video was taken yesterday. We saw it and thought how lovely it was and I thought it deserved recognition.

"I just wanted to say thank you for going the extra mile. You don't often see people going the extra mile in this day and age."

Are you - or do you know - the postman in the video? Contact Kent Live on 01892 239122

CCTV footage caught this Sevenoaks postman delivering a truly first class service

20 May 2017, 10:54

We all know what our 'mangement' will think of that. I hope he can't be identified.

20 May 2017, 11:08

This isn't news

21 May 2017, 16:02

Fair play to him.

I'll often right plant pots that have blown over in the wind.

22 May 2017, 22:08

Seen through the management perspective vortex: He has time to hang people's clothes up. Lapse another walk.

24 May 2017, 21:01

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.kentlive.news/this-sevenoaks-postman-did-an-amazing-gesture-while-out-on-his-daily-rounds/story-30338616-detail/story.html

With wet weather, dangerous dogs and illegible handwriting to contend with, life as postman must seem a thankless task at times.

But a Royal Mail worker in Sevenoaks is today getting some well-earned praise after being caught taking the meaning of "first class" to a new level.

The postman was working in the north of the town yesterday when his thoughtful actions were picked up on CCTV.

The video shows the man delivering letters as normal but then he spots a piece of clothing which had fallen onto the grass from the washing line.

The postie spots an item of clothing which had fallen to the floor

Instead of walking past and continuing with his busy schedule, he takes the time to peg the shirt back onto the line before carrying on his round.

The shirt is hung back on the washing line

Wanting to acknowledge the good deed is Guy McLaughlin, who tweeted the video to Royal Mail after reviewing his home CCTV recordings.

Guy, 37, told Kent Live: "He is a new postman, he isn't the regular one and this video was taken yesterday. We saw it and thought how lovely it was and I thought it deserved recognition.

"I just wanted to say thank you for going the extra mile. You don't often see people going the extra mile in this day and age."

Are you - or do you know - the postman in the video? Contact Kent Live on 01892 239122

That is good of him :Applause

But I am creeped out by someone having CCTV footage at their home.

25 May 2017, 14:36

Better not do my delivery then about 50% have something, from a webcam in the window all they way up to an all singing all dancing system that rings them when you ring their bell.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1