ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Doncaster postal workers walk out on strike

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/new ... -1-8456958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doncaster postal workers walk out on strike Royal Mail staff outside the Middle Bank sorting depot in Doncaster this morning

Around 240 workers at the Royal Mail sorting office, at Middle Bank, Doncaster, have walked out in a row over alleged management 'bullying'.

Steve West, an official at the Doncaster and District branch of the Communication Workers Union, said this morning: "We have we have walked out because of bullying tactics by the local management. We have walked and-and it is indefinite.

"The feeling here is that morale is at an all time low. They have reached breaking point now. "The workers have got two requests in to be balloted for industrial action. There have been no talks yet, and the company is not willing to speak yet as it is at present an unofficial action.

""But it is solid and there are 240 people standing outside the building. "The next stage is hopefully going to be entering into meaningful negotiations and discussions to stop the bullying.

"Things have changes a lot since privatisation." It is understood workers are unhappy about some recent sackings and overtime arrangements.

Royal Mail spokesperson, Julie Pirone, said: "Royal Mail is disappointed that unballoted industrial action has taken place this morning at Doncaster Mail Processing Unit. We apologise to customers in the local area for any disruption to their mail services. We are doing all we can to minimise this disruption. "Royal Mail is fully committed to the process of trying to resolve concerns of postal workers based in Doncaster by following the national jointly agreed framework with the Communication Workers Union (CWU)."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

daveyeff

Post by daveyeff »

RM spokesperson... royal mail is fully committed to blah blah blah....same s**t different dispute.
rubberbond

Post by rubberbond »

daveyeff wrote:RM spokesperson... royal mail is fully committed to blah blah blah....same s**t different dispute.
One day soon it's going to burst like the infected boil it is, then we'll see what disappointed means. It makes me wonder what the lickspittles ,brown noses and general hangers on around Ms Greene are really telling her what is going on , because she seems to sail on blissfully unaware of the simmering ,festering undercurrent of resentment towards management and their bully boy tactics , that appear to be part of the DNA of this organisation,I know it's always been there ,but it's getting worse, a lot worse.
By the way, could someone explain how this fits with the "award winning " mental health strategy , listed below?
TheTrolleyMan

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Good luck lads
Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry »

Oh She knows alright but maintains layers of lickspittles, shitsmears and arse lickers between her and the plebs so she can maintain plausible deniability.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Daveg50

Post by Daveg50 »

Well done, about time employees stood up to the bullyboy tactics used by the management in the DN post code area. A complete change of SENIOR managers is called for. Come on CWU now is the time for industrial action ballot of all members.
hellpop

Post by hellpop »

Doncaster, I applaud you. Wish other offices would do the same. Why does the Royal Mail spokesperson every time come out with the same garbage?
worktotime

Post by worktotime »

well done to you all , if these managers are found guilty they should be sacked and not moved to another orrifice to do it again ,if it was postie on postie r/m wouldnt think twice about sacking , oh and remember we are a anti bullying company or did that change when we was privatised . I also think the cwu needs to put a stop to all this s**t as well.
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by trythat »

Well done!!! :dance :Applause :Applause :Applause
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It's happening all over now and enough is enough! Come on CWU ballot for national industrial action and bring the f***ing company to it's knees.
CUT OFF!!!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by aiden01 »

hellpop wrote:Doncaster, I applaud you. Wish other offices would do the same. Why does the Royal Mail spokesperson every time come out with the same garbage?
You wish other offices why not your office??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

From Doncaster Mail Centre Members -"Yesterday we were under their spell, today they're under ours. We've taken the power back." Unofficial strike action forces higher up Royal Mail management to agree to an investigation into conduct of certain managers at Doncaster mail centre. CWU union members have given them 2 weeks to move them or else theyl be back out on strike. Unanimous vote. Staying out today, back tomorrow. So much for the new Tory anti-union laws!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
cardboard13

Post by cardboard13 »

will they move them (back to grimsby ) or stop the bully and harassment?
South_London_Postie

Post by South_London_Postie »

Well done guys and girls. Offices who stand up for its members and colleagues make me proud to be a part of this business. Like no other.

"We don't get what we deserve, we get what we negotiate!"
worktotime

Post by worktotime »

cardboard13 wrote:will they move them (back to grimsby ) or stop the bully and harassment?
they shouldnt have a job never mind move them somewhere else , sack them. :wave