ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coffee morning in memory of Swaffham postwoman Carol raises GBP3,600

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Coffee morning in memory of Swaffham postwoman Carol raises GBP3,600

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Coffee morning in memory of Swaffham postwoman Carol raises £3,600

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/coffee_morn ... _1_4853426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A community has dug deep in memory of a much-loved postwoman to raise money for a local hospital.

The very successful coffee morning was dedicated to Carol Gilding, who died of cancer last year aged 62.

Bad weather did not deter people from attending the event at the Assembly Rooms, with more than 1,000 coming through the doors – proof of the affection of Swaffham residents for their town centre postie.

In total £3,600 was raised for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, which will go towards a new chemotherapy pump.

Members of the Swaffham Lions club, who organised the coffee morning, met with representatives from the hospital’s chemotherapy room to hand over their donation.

Off the back of the event’s success, Lions clubs in Dereham, King’s Lynn, Hunstanton, Wells and Downham Market are planning their own events with the goal of raising enough money to buy eight chemotherapy pumps for the hospital.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."