ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is a Crown Post Office? 37 of these are set to close

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

What is a Crown Post Office? 37 of these are set to close

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/what-is-a ... e-6372787/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Post Office is going to close 37 of its Crown offices, which will cause 300 job losses.

But what is a Crown post office?

A Crown post office is a larger branch, which is usually found on British High streets.

At the end of June 2016, there were 11,648 Post Offices in the Post Office Network.

Around 97% of UK branches are operated by franchise partners or sub-postmasters, who operate independent business.

Those remaining are Crown offices, which are directly managed by Post Office Limited.

The number of post offices has declined over the last 30 years, almost halving its numbers.

Which UK Post Offices aren't open to the public?
Seven Post Offices in the UK cannot be used by the general public.
Court (Buckingham Palace)
House of Commons
Portcullis House
Royal Automobile Club, 89 Pall Mall, London
The Scottish Parliament
Windsor Castle
20 Finsbury Street, London, EC2Y 9AQ (Post Office HQ)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."