ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE



Van Share Duties

15 Jul 2017, 19:05

I just need clarification here, (no too sure how to put it) it is about van share dutys, if I am the driver am I in charge/responsible for the amount of work we take out and to report any problems back to the manager?
If there is a document that relates to this can you attach that in your reply

many thanks

Van Share Duties

15 Jul 2017, 19:15

You both share responsibility for the mail being taken out.
You have, without extra pay, the additional responsibility of the van.
Good luck. :thumbup

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 16:18

So who has responsiblily of ringing the office if there is a risk of cutting off? Driver/walker or doesn't it matter?

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 16:23

J.notton wrote:So who has responsiblily of ringing the office if there is a risk of cutting off? Driver/walker or doesn't it matter?

Its not written down, but the most efficient and sensible way would be for the walker to contact the office whilst the driver is moving the vehicle to the next stop. But its not written down so it comes down to common sense.

Of course, if only 1 person wants to finish on time they have the responsibility of calling the office if they have followed the overrunning procedure.

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 16:32

Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 18:33

Lounge Lizard wrote:Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

They have, it's called a PDA

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 18:55

our office dont answer the calls from pdas :thumbdown

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 19:19

hans solo wrote:our office dont answer the calls from pdas :thumbdown

Any idea of all PDA phone call activity gets logged? if it does then there should be a record of someone calling the office using a PDA

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 20:04

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

They have, it's called a PDA

SP,
Thanks.
If I had had more than three minutes training on the PDAs I might have known that. :Applause

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 20:19

Lounge Lizard wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

They have, it's called a PDA

SP,
Thanks.
If I had had more than three minutes training on the PDAs I might have known that. :Applause

afaik even the old PDAs had phone functionality

Van Share Duties

16 Jul 2017, 20:23

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

They have, it's called a PDA

SP,
Thanks.
If I had had more than three minutes training on the PDAs I might have known that. :Applause

afaik even the old PDAs had phone functionality

SP,
And all those years ago I don't remember more than a few minutes training on them. :cuppa

Van Share Duties

17 Jul 2017, 15:28

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Also it depends is the driver and /or the non-driver has a mobile phone. :thumbup

They have, it's called a PDA


That's if they've bothered to put the correct office/managers numbers in them.....but they can't call you back
on them either (as far as I know).

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1