ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Because forewarned is forearmed...

16 May 2017, 19:53

Had an interesting conversation this morning in which it was stated that all DOMs in my sector have been told by the Delivery Director to start managing people out of the business. The presupposition for this is that they are either bad at their job, walk slowly or drop Mail (regardless of duty size). To me this is an attempt to cull full time staff. Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

I would advise everyone to inform themselves of what is expected on a daily basis and the agreed standards for achieving this. Everyone not doing things by the book, are risking their jobs, with an employer that can't wait to sack them...

Good luck comrades...

16 May 2017, 20:12

Been doing so for years. But if new proposals get in regarding terms for new staff. Would expect massive increase in sackings, mostly full-timers. After all evr is expensive also.

17 May 2017, 17:35

Newbie001 wrote:Been doing so for years. But if new proposals get in regarding terms for new staff. Would expect massive increase in sackings, mostly full-timers. After all evr is expensive also.

And this is why the union has to say no way to different terms and conditions for new starters.

17 May 2017, 22:59

I agree with you both. I believe that the money they would save by getting rid of full time staff works with or without the new terms, however, I believe Royal Mail already think they'll get this through as they did with the pension changes. They changed the new starters and they're coming for everyone's pension now. Divide and conquer, works every time, if we let it...

18 May 2017, 08:40

To protect our terms and conditions we must fight for the terms and conditions of new entrants.

18 May 2017, 13:04

Fairnessforall wrote:Had an interesting conversation this morning in which it was stated that all DOMs in my sector have been told by the Delivery Director to start managing people out of the business. The presupposition for this is that they are either bad at their job, walk slowly or drop Mail (regardless of duty size). To me this is an attempt to cull full time staff. Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

I would advise everyone to inform themselves of what is expected on a daily basis and the agreed standards for achieving this. Everyone not doing things by the book, are risking their jobs, with an employer that can't wait to sack them...

Good luck comrades...

I hope you've flagged this up with your area rep and forwarded it onto union headquarters. If it is true then headquarters need to know what is going on.

18 May 2017, 13:47

Fairnessforall wrote: Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

Can you elaborate more on this?

18 May 2017, 20:53

scoobymunster wrote:
Fairnessforall wrote: Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

Can you elaborate more on this?

Sorry, I work in small offices so dumb question - what's a viewing gallery - mug shots of people or a viewing point from offices in big workplaces?

19 May 2017, 14:51

yellowbelly wrote:
Sorry, I work in small offices so dumb question - what's a viewing gallery - mug shots of people or a viewing point from offices in big workplaces?

In larger offices the IB have a separate entrance so they can sneak in and watch what is going on on the floor.
A viewing gallery is exactly what it says on the tin - an overview of the office with a one way glass. They have a little room where they can watch the CCTV.
It actually sounds quite exciting. I wonder how you apply?

19 May 2017, 16:05

clashcityrocker wrote:It actually sounds quite exciting. I wonder how you apply?

Watch too many episodes of CSI and Law & Order UK then fail the police entrance exam. An alternative route is through the military by failing the physical and subscribing to Soldier of Fortune.

19 May 2017, 16:37

I always fancied being in the IB, chasing the bad guys bringing down the good name of Royal Mail. Now that I have been around a few years I have changed my mind.

19 May 2017, 16:46

ballsup wrote:I always fancied being in the IB, chasing the bad guys bringing down the good name of Royal Mail. Now that I have been around a few years I have changed my mind.
The real bad one's are at the top so don't think you would be helping the customer or royalmails reputation as money can get you taken out of the equation before you even make the accusation!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1