ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Part timers(work throwning up rules)

12 May 2017, 22:04

Hi I was told that part timers work must be thrown up including packets(and maybe redirections done) but I see this isn't always the case and see plenty of P/T complaining saying in the training school they was told It is supposed to be thrown all up I don't blame them at all for moaning arriving later then full timers trying to chase the letters from sorting,piles of letters dumped on the frame desk and then doing the parcels and then the walk this happens a lot in my office and the managers seem to think it's ok can sum1 plz tell me what's going on?? And what is the rule

12 May 2017, 22:28

If you're leaving late due to no prep being done. Then all more reason to cut off. Only way they'll do anything about it. If you just claim each day then nothing will happen.

13 May 2017, 12:36

There is no "rule". There is a plan, but like most plans, they tend to fail when they collide with the real word.

The only applicable rule is Managers can make any reasonable request to any OPG during their working hours. So s/he can instruct a Full Timer or Part Time to prep a duty, whatever they want as long. The only other applicable rule is All Overtime is Voluntary, so if you are instructed to prep your own duty, that in itself is a reasonable request. What you do after that is governed by the Working all Paid Hours and the Overrunning Procedures.

13 May 2017, 17:10

Manage yer prep and let management deal with it.

13 May 2017, 18:41

It's can be common practice unfortunately. BUT
Are they doing an acceptable prep rate in time they have been given & what is the time you need to be out the office for that walk.
Think about that first then take it from there.

15 May 2017, 16:47

Destiny wrote:It's can be common practice unfortunately. BUT
Are they doing an acceptable prep rate in time they have been given & what is the time you need to be out the office for that walk.
Think about that first then take it from there.

I presume 'they ' is the people prepping?

How about in my office ; where the planning (sic) is so good that OPG's prep walks they have never touched before.

How can they be expected to meet RM standards (sic again) (actually is that an Oxymoron?)

15 May 2017, 20:15

well if you mean not taking breaks and some times leaving the office between 30min-1hr late out the office then yeah no chance of finishing in your allotted time and yeah that can happen and i aint losing my breaks and i do not have to accept the over time everyday even though management get angry and give a funny look.........lolol yeah rite......... also dont forget the month wait for the over time to be paid due to over spend on hrs allocated in the office(which means i forgot to pay you must have been a pc error managers excuse lol) coz they think i dont know about this allocated hrs some times you get your hrs in separate payments

16 May 2017, 17:24

Even worse is when a part timer comes in, and has to finish prepping the lapsed duty, as well as their own! And there are people 3 deep at the lapsed frame nipping at your heels to take their lapsing 5 mins after you get in, when there are still umpteen packet bags, trays of sequenced and 2nd wave mail to put into both walks let alone redirections!!! :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1