ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Annual Conference 2017 - Emergency Motion by London and a number of other Branch's and South Central Division and Anglia

19 Apr 2017, 21:58

Emergency motion which has been put in by London and a number of other Branch's and South Central Division and Anglia.

Conference condemns Royal Mail's announcement on Thursday 13 April 2017 to close the Defined Benefit Pension Scheme from 31 March 2018.

Conference further deplores Royal Mail's decision to announce the closure whilst our National Officers and PEC are in talks on Pension, Pay and the wider Four Pillars negotiations.

Conference recognises that Royal Mail's decision - along with their proposals - is a clear signal that they intend to attack our terms and conditions to maximise profit for the shareholder.

Conference agrees that Royal Mail's decision to join the race to the bottom in terms of our conditions and their wider operational strategy needs to be confronted and stopped.

To this end conference agrees that unless Royal Mail agree to the following within the National negotiations then the union will ballot for industrial action.

A pension solution which is either the union's proposed pension scheme (WINRS) or an acceptable and agreed alternative Defined Benefit Scheme.

An agreed pay rise above inflation.

Royal Mail's proposals for removing RRIS, TPM, reserved rights payments and legacy payments and monthly pay to be withdrawn from negotiations.

The attack on new starter's terms and conditions must be withdrawn from the negotiations.

No agreement to be given on reductions to sick leave entitlements/procedure or reductions in MTSF.

The proposals on the IR Framework including the removal of Area Reps, must be taken off the table.

That Royal Mail's operational strategy which is clearly designed to put in a command and control system and turn this industry into a part time industry on lower terms and conditions needs to be opposed. The CWU must also change Royal Mail's strategy which is to use automation to enforce a more labour intensified delivery role on CWU members.

An agreement to extend the legal guarantees.

A flight path to achieve the 35 hours gross working week.

Failure to achieve the above policies by 1 August 2017 will lead to the CWU balloting for strike action.

Conference further agrees that should Royal Mail attempt to introduce any of their policies which they have proposed within the negotiations by executive action the CWU executive is instructed to activate an immediate ballot of CWU members for strike action.

Conference recognises that the pension issue, alongside the wider Royal Mail proposals and the CWU's Four Pillars represents the biggest set of negotiations in recent history.

To this end, conference agrees that the PEC will organise the widest possible membership campaign to galvanise membership support to the union's strategy. This will be aimed at ensuring that Divisions, Regions and Branches arrange visits to every workplace in the UK in order to maximise support for the CWU via any proposed industrial action.

Annual Conference 2017 - Emergency Motion by London and a number of other Branch's and South Central Division and Anglia

20 Apr 2017, 15:47

And yet my fellow colleagues come in early and don't take a break, truly shocking

20 Apr 2017, 23:40

Nice.

21 Apr 2017, 08:00

Failure to achieve the above policies by 1 August 2017 will lead to the CWU balloting for strike action

I do love a deadline.
It focuses the mind and stops negotiators getting too comfy.
I like this motion but it's a tough ask, still if you don't ask you don't get. I can see a couple at the top of the union having a sleepless night it two over it. It's not for the faint-hearted or the doves. I just hope it gets carried undiluted.

21 Apr 2017, 13:31

I would go further and withdraw all co-operation until this is sorted. For example office revisions, Network 17 etc.

22 Apr 2017, 06:40

I like their thinking. If it comes to it by the time the ballot is organised and people given time to vote it will be approaching September. Autumn pressure and Christmas just around the corner. Much better time to have the threat of industrial action than the quieter summer months.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1