ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Doing 2 Separate Royal Mail Jobs

19 Apr 2017, 18:15

I was wondering, what are the rules when you have 2 separate jobs, both with Royal Mail?

As far as I know, you are allowed to have 2 separate jobs, but is there a maximum number of hours you can do? Do you also have to have a minimum amount of hours between one job and the next, and a minimum amount of time off?

19 Apr 2017, 18:36

Easiest to google" work time directive". All the rules are there.

19 Apr 2017, 19:30

Your not allowed to have duel Royal Mail contracts. A few years ago this was fairly common as some have a delivery contract and a late Mail Centre contract. Royal Mail issued a policy to remove anyone having a duel contract.

20 Apr 2017, 00:32

Cor imagine having 2 Royal Mail contracts. Trying to book holidays through 2 doms or get a saturday off! . 2 tossers turning up at your door when your sick.

Giving me a headache just thinking about it.
Last edited by South_London_Postie on 20 Apr 2017, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

20 Apr 2017, 11:04

dingo wrote:Your not allowed to have duel Royal Mail contracts. A few years ago this was fairly common as some have a delivery contract and a late Mail Centre contract. Royal Mail issued a policy to remove anyone having a duel contract.

I'm sure that's not true - I've been told by managers before that it's OK to do 2 jobs, and I'm sure I once rang HR and they confirmed it's OK.

20 Apr 2017, 11:12

No it is not ok there is a Royal Mail policy to do away with duel contracts. There are a range of employment issues with duel contracts ranging from :

Annual leave but only one contract

Paid annual leave on either one or combined contracts

WTD

Sick leave on one contract or both

MTSF

Pension

The list is endless.
Last edited by dingo on 20 Apr 2017, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

20 Apr 2017, 13:56

A duel contract?
When you meet the DOM at dawn with pistols drawn on some Godforsaken heath?
dingo wrote:The liar is endless.

I'm sure he is but which one?
The DOM, the rep, the UKIP candidate, the shape-shifting lizard?

21 Apr 2017, 23:31

chris6482 wrote:
dingo wrote:Your not allowed to have duel Royal Mail contracts. A few years ago this was fairly common as some have a delivery contract and a late Mail Centre contract. Royal Mail issued a policy to remove anyone having a duel contract.

I'm sure that's not true - I've been told by managers before that it's OK to do 2 jobs, and I'm sure I once rang HR and they confirmed it's OK.

You CAN do 2 jobs, only 1 of them can be with Royal Mail as per the terms Dingo has posted.
And shall we have a spanner in the works post regarding a driving job if you already drive for the business?

21 Apr 2017, 23:33

South_London_Postie wrote:Cor imagine having 2 Royal Mail contracts. Trying to book holidays through 2 doms or get a saturday off! . 2 tossers turning up at your door when your sick.

Giving me a headache just thinking about it.
:crazy: :chuckle

13 May 2017, 21:48

You can do two jobs, but on one contract. So if you deliver in the morning and do late collections in the afternoon / evening, you will have a contract with either function and the other would be treated as overtime.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1