ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Left RM but cannot get the unused AL paid

15 Apr 2017, 11:55

Hi there,

I left RM on 11th April 2017 and started my new job. I was told I had unused AL by the DOM and that he would get the amount owed from ECHR and send it to HR.

However, a month later and I still am no nearer to getting it resolved. I have been back to the office twice now and text, to which I get the reply "next week"

I text another manager today who said if contact HR and tell them to email him directly he will confirm what I am owed. What are my options aside from civil recovery, as this is a matter of principle seeing as I was not allowed to take my AL before I left?

I've made it clear I will keep on until I get this payment, and will not let it go, after all why should I? 8 days is a fair few days!

I know I don't pay into the union now, but am I still covered as it is relating to pay?

Cheers in advance....

15 Apr 2017, 12:50

Your rep may be able to help in a personal capacity but not in an official one.

However, your best bet before going the civil route would give CAB or better still ACAS a call they'll be able to help or guide you.

15 Apr 2017, 14:46

small claims court best direction and the beauty of it is if your claim is found to be justified and being unpaid holiday entitlement it will no doubt win RM will have to pick up the court expenses therefore the delay in reaching a settlement with you will now cost them money.

15 Apr 2017, 17:53

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your rep may be able to help in a personal capacity but not in an official one.

However, your best bet before going the civil route would give CAB or better still ACAS a call they'll be able to help or guide you.

Yes, I am fast coming to the conclusion that it will result in civil action being taken! Shame as it's a very east problem for them to fix. I'm hardly asking for anything that I'm not already entitled to.

I knew this would be the case, however I was hoping the DOM would honour his word and get it sorted for me.

I'll try phoning HR after the weekend and ask them to email the manager as he suggested, but as we are all fully aware, HR are about as helpful as a chocolate teapot!

15 Apr 2017, 18:30

You can go through civil recovery, if they find in your favour and still don't pay up, you can escalate to High Court Bailiffs, I would love to see the manager's face when they rock up to his DO demanding payment or seizure of goods :Very Happy

16 Apr 2017, 08:41

give them a final date for them to pay you in writing , stating if its not paid by that date I will be taking r/m to claims court to recover your money , at the end of the day they are with holding your money which is illegal anyway. , good luck.

16 Apr 2017, 14:21

worktotime wrote:give them a final date for them to pay you in writing , stating if its not paid by that date I will be taking r/m to claims court to recover your money , at the end of the day they are with holding your money which is illegal anyway. , good luck.

That's what I'm going to do next week, pass a letter and give them a deadline after which I'm going to be begin civil recovery against RM. The way they treat staff is disgusting, and I'm personally glad I'm out. I met some great people at RM, but the management structure is just wrong and when you have share holders to appease then it never ends well for the worker.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1