ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Callers Office training

14 Apr 2017, 10:24

Could someone point me in the direction of relevant training required to undertake a role in the callers office, I.e Royal Mail policy, CWU agreement, what should be, what is mandatory as well as lone workers scenario.
Many thanks in advance

Callers Office training

14 Apr 2017, 13:26

I worked as dom suport and PHG for over 6 years in the locker and never once went on any courses etc, on the job training was all i got, simple enough job if your heads screwed on and have decent managers to work with

Callers Office training

15 Apr 2017, 17:53

:chuckle I've worked in the Callers Office for 11 years and have never known ANYONE to receive official training,including myself.On the job 'training' is what you get which can be confusing as co-workers will show you how they do things but don't all do things the same way.Good luck!

Callers Office training

16 Apr 2017, 15:56

what happens if you make a mistake with the specials

Callers Office training

16 Apr 2017, 16:14

Spent past 8 years or so in and out of callers as cover.
Only course we ever went on waas a Customer Experience Course - 1 day course where your supposed to learn about the customer experience.
In all honesty it was a nice half day thing where nobody in attendance learnt a single thing as we all had more than 2 days experience in a callers office !

As long as your sensible and don't get flustered it's easy work but can leave you feeling pressured at busy times.
The introduction of the SPS (computer system) makes life easier.
Like most RM jobs it's a very repetitive job, so fairly easy to pick up.

Callers Office training

16 Apr 2017, 17:11

Mezza wrote:Spent past 8 years or so in and out of callers as cover.
Only course we ever went on waas a Customer Experience Course - 1 day course where your supposed to learn about the customer experience.
In all honesty it was a nice half day thing where nobody in attendance learnt a single thing as we all had more than 2 days experience in a callers office !

As long as your sensible and don't get flustered it's easy work but can leave you feeling pressured at busy times.
The introduction of the SPS (computer system) makes life easier.
Like most RM jobs it's a very repetitive job, so fairly easy to pick up.

Likewise i did the one day Customer and You (CAY) course and didn't really find it very useful.
Not sure i agree it's easy work though as in my office you have to work on your own dealing with customers, and do all the RLE duties also(old PHG role)

It can get very busy in the morning having to deal with customers at the same time as dishing out keys,special,PDA's etc.
With regard to working alone this needs to be taken up with the health and safety rep and risk assessed according to your particular office. As with everything in Royalmail all offices seem to do things differently. I have heard people on here talk of getting extra money for unlocking and locking up and leadership allowances but have yet not seen anything definitive.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1