ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

harrasment while off sick

13 Apr 2017, 10:58

been off sick for 5 days
i have had 2 letters asking to attend meetings to discuss absence either in office or home
have had numerous phone calls
i have had to make contact with mgmt via txt and phone calls nearly every day
i have a doctors fit note
is this bullying and harassment

13 Apr 2017, 12:43

It's well documented on here that you don't have to do half of that. Grievance at least.

13 Apr 2017, 15:11

In a word yes of course it is.
Managers are only bothered about their office sick figures in ours it has to be below 4 % of else he gets s**t from the D.S.M, this leads to the said bullying tactics of which you have written.

The fact is they bend the attendance rules to do this and the union(well here anyway) turns a blind eye to it or allow it to happen as they want an easy life.
The ringing you up daily and texting is only acceptable if you agreed to it at the start of your absence, usually you would arrange to be contacted once a week say on the Friday or before you attend any hospital or medical appointments to keep them in the loop, it is not acceptable to have to be in effect under house arrest, and is against employment law where you MUST be allowed to self certificate for the first week off without being put at a detriment, it could even be a breach of your human rights to a private life if excessive.

6. How should contact be made while an employee is away from work due to illness?
Employees have a responsibility to notify their manager as soon as possible before the beginning of their shift or usual work start time in accordance with local arrangements for their office or work location. The employee should advise the manager of the reason for their absence, the likely duration and anticipated return date. Where the employee’s absence is going to be longer than a few days then the manager and the employee should agree how they will remain in contact during the period of absence. This would include the level of contact, how often and the method by which contact will take place, for example this could be by email or telephone conversation. Where the absence is not likely to last more than a few days further contact should not normally be necessary. Where the absence is longer term it is recommended that contact should be maintained on a weekly basis throughout the period of absence.
Last edited by General Mannerheim on 13 Apr 2017, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

13 Apr 2017, 15:26

Seems to be the norm lately , I just had a few days sick and was called and text everyday . I didn't answer any of the calls and only replied with standard text of I will make contact when fit to return . What they don't realise is their actions have the opposite effect to the one they want as the staff in my office say they will stay off longer because of this nonsense.

15 Apr 2017, 00:18

Popped back in for a nosey and saw this.....

Doctors fit note is OK, however... And this is my advice, take it or leave it... Ask for a referral. To. Cmht, community mental health team via your gp.
This will help with
A. Maybe some counselling or medication etc.
B. I'd double dare the nuggets to try and counter a report from a physiatrist that states your mental. Health is being worsened by your treatment whilst trying to recover.
C.also covers you to the hilt under the equality act.
The referral. Will take a while but Sheldon and his sidekicks will brick it as they back off when caught out.
Good luck n get the grievance in ASAP. :nana

15 Apr 2017, 16:13

spiderj wrote:Popped back in for a nosey and saw this.....

Doctors fit note is OK, however... And this is my advice, take it or leave it... Ask for a referral. To. Cmht, community mental health team via your gp.
This will help with
A. Maybe some counselling or medication etc.
B. I'd double dare the nuggets to try and counter a report from a physiatrist that states your mental. Health is being worsened by your treatment whilst trying to recover.
C.also covers you to the hilt under the equality act.
The referral. Will take a while but Sheldon and his sidekicks will brick it as they back off when caught out.
Good luck n get the grievance in ASAP. :nana

They don't believe any medical professional,despite 20 years + training,their opinion is trumped, by Royal Mail,because all managers are trained in all aspects of medicine,that's why in their opinion anyone going sick is a lying,waster, whereas if a manager is talking to you, you know they are definitely lying.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1