ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 13:19

If this ' affiliation' takes place I will be withdrawing my political levy.

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 17:42

stephen5708 wrote:If this ' affiliation' takes place I will be withdrawing my political levy.

There are other factions within the Labour Party. Progress and the Fabians to name but two.
The old guard can't come to terms with the hundreds of thousands of new members of the party.
Any sane political party should have and would have embraced them. :hmmmm

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 17:53

One thing Jeremy Corbyn has done for Labour is to make it self sufficient money wise - it now has no need for 'big donors' to keep it afloat

Those same big donors who threw their money around and expected to tell the party what it should do and when ( and did )

They are now trying everything to get their 'power' back - they don't want a Labour Party that doesn't need their money and that actually looks after it's members interests - where is the money in that?

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 18:30

I know nothing about the CWU being "affiliated" to the Momentum group. What I do know is that Momentum are trying to introduce democracy into the Labour Party so that we don't return to the situaution whereby the party of the people is effectively run by a small clique who have their own interests at heart.

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 18:35

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... bour-party

This article sums it up quite nicely, interestingly I spent an evening listening to Jon Lansman speak last week, the bloke is Labour through and through and a thoroughly nice bloke

CWU and MOMENTUM

20 Mar 2017, 19:12

feduppostie wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/20/momentum-no-secret-plot-want-fair-say-labour-party

This article sums it up quite nicely, interestingly I spent an evening listening to Jon Lansman speak last week, the bloke is Labour through and through and a thoroughly nice bloke

"Labour MPs may argue that a leader without parliamentary support lacks legitimacy, but they may as well argue, to paraphrase Brecht, to dissolve the Labour membership and elect another." :Very Happy

These days you are a Trotskyist if you are a proponent of democracy.

Actually, I don't know why I say "these days" - its always been that way.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1