ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Prepping part timers round on van share.

19 Mar 2017, 05:10

Are there any union guidelines on the prepping of a part timers round on a van share? The rest of the town walks sort from 7.15-8 then are free to return to their own frames,whereas the van share people have to keep prepping 2 rounds till 9,when the part time people come in.Our union rep doesn't seem to know,but surely this is unfair.

19 Mar 2017, 09:30

The only thing I'm aware of is if your partner is on 27.5hrs contract then you prep his/her duty to the point of loading the van. If they are on a 30hr contract then you prep up to tying it up.

21 Mar 2017, 13:00

I had this problem, I was with a 25 hr part timer. There was no way I could do the amount of work required, I had less time and more work than 2 full timers working together.
In the end I picked the first round that came up with another full timer and left that round. My union rep was of no use.
It's very frustrating watching 2 full timers on their fittings, while your on your own still prepping 2.

21 Mar 2017, 13:59

I'm a 26.5 hour contract and I tie down for myself. The other postie on the duty is also part time but he's 29 hours. It seems a bit silly to me having two people starting at different times doing a P&L. Means we're always last out the door.

21 Mar 2017, 19:28

I'm on a 26 hr week contract, when I start the frame is normally prepped up to Packets, Then Re-directions, Tie up & go out on Delivery. When I arrive at the office at least 50% of the other walks have already gone out, some days its just the walks with PT that are still there.
A few FT walks are normally done 2-1.5 hrs early, so they are doing 6 hours work for 8 hours money, when PT do 5.2 hours work for 5.2 hours money, with occasional half hour OT. But I have never finished more than 30 mins earlier than finish time.
Surely people going out early to finish early, should be asked to help out on PT walks, but the managers cant seem to manage staff. Perhaps they shouldn't be called managers if they cant manage.

22 Mar 2017, 18:57

The IWT should be used to identify how many minutes prep are required for each duty.

22 Mar 2017, 19:15

steve1873 wrote:The IWT should be used to identify how many minutes prep are required to be planned for each duty.

Sorry to be pedantic, but it is an important difference.

22 Mar 2017, 21:02

As you rightly say TBT as the IWT is used by some of our managers as a bullying tool.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1